It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests Erupt in Iran after Military Admits Downing Passenger Jet: "Death to the Dictator"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I read that the the plane might have been hacked, switching off the lights and transponders which made it look like an incoming cruise missile and with only seconds to react in a situation where they feared an attack, it was shot down. The fact there were nuclear scientists on board is also suspicious as to why this particular plane was targeted. This scenario makes more sense to me than it just being an oopsie on the operator side.

link   

edit on 12-1-2020 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
Quadruple post, what???

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The Iranians accidentally shoot one of their own planes down and the first few posts are about democrats.

LOL, it's like you just weren't able to keep up when the MSM blamed Trump for this. (hint, the MSM is the democratic mouthpiece for many mouth chores)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Sublimecraft

A regime change brought on by the people would be great but would they have a good plan to fill the power vacuum or just a puppet propped up by us that would end up causing even more resentment and open the door for terrorists to take back over? History repeating itself all over the middle east, just look to Libya and Iraq to see how that is ending up.

I don't pretend to know the correct solution but I do think ending the endless sanctions and a return to the negotiation table without appeasing would be a great start.

what it........the sanctions are what prompted all this?

DUN>>>>>>DUN>>>>>>>>DUN>>>>>>>>

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I certainly hope the ayatollah is dragged into the streets and brutality murdered like Gaddafi was. Even though he deserves much much worse. I hope he never gets to face trial for what he’s done.

My understanding is that there is much much more to Gaddafi that we are told - and that maybe, just maybe, he wasn't the monster we are being told he was...

While I think it is self-evident that the Iranian regime is evil, I always have to think twice when the CIA/MSM says so...

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

but that misuse of the word after constantly being corrected is just annoying.

I try to keep it simple and write in 6th grade readable English intentionally as it is ATS. So your an expert in philology? Here's the definition:

Opine: "hold and state as one's opinion"

I also believe there are may too many radicalized University and College professors on ATS who vow their social supremacy to themselves and their hidden Master Race Nazi agenda by their subjugation of use of a noun versus verb. Really? Come on.

Like so what and you think I give a Fook?

My IQ is 88 percentile. Can you point out as to where rules of use of grammar are located on ATS?

Before I use another word why don't you correct all the bad manners in play in all of those USA MSM commercials such as Taylor Swift downing a swig of whip cream down her throat direct from the can. Now all the deplorable university millennial's are now doing the same thing. Mass group Swineology? Oh I get it, its a "hidden" sex act that only those in higher education are aware of.

That's a big 10-401K good buddy

I added several grammatical errors above for you to detect. Can you find them?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Why so reckless? We go around on the merry go round for years so all become accustomed to the norm. So Trump toss a curve ball, an anomaly.

Then it fook's them up real good.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thanks and yes the USA is one step ahead on Iran and the Democrats and USA MSM. Its fun to watch but I feel bad for the Iranian people and hope they aren't hurt because of all. .

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Okay so what you are telling me is Trump killed General Salami knowing the Iranians would accidentally shoot down a commercial jet full of Canadians of Iranian descent which would spark an Arab spring-like revolution.

Of course not... but I honestly think he expected them to do something stupid, and with full knowledge that the Iranian people are ripe for change, I think it was a very calculated risk, but definitely not 'reckless' as you said earlier... just a risk, but one worth the potential reward.

I for one am breathing a huge sigh of relief right now... although this is still a big question mark/potential powder keg...

Are you really claiming Trump is responsible for this giant protest against the government?

Trump is in possession of intelligence that we are not. That said, it is already public knowledge that there have been multiple massive, genuine, organic protests by the Iranian people against the regime, and that the recent protests about Solemeini's killing were forced by the regime, they were not organic of/by the people. I'm sure there were a lot of people genuinely protesting, but a much larger number were not.

That is my opinion...

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump has promised the Iranian people that if Iran's leadership starts becoming violent towards them, the USA will drone their leaders into the land of 10,000 virgins...all males, LOL.

Where/when did he say this?
edit on 12-1-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Many here on ATS have no chick-lets and live in fear that the men in black will knock on their front door some day. Or the mailman will pull out an AK-47 and take you out. Yep could happen but at the end of the day are we a meek wussy or a warrior for god? Sooner or later it will happen. I choose the sooner as much of life is one big ongoing conspiracy perpetuated by others in power to continue the mystery.

I already had my men in black moments decades ago and they missed.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Thanks. There are many authors of many books out there writing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Yes I am aghast that so many shallow people are here. All they want to do is act as grammar police to make themselves feel good and impotent.

What I ask them is that when they look into the mirror every day doe the mirror talk back?

Enough said

Oh, I dropped another grammatical error as the grammar trolls are after me so I drop them crumbs to chase.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thank you Mr. INTEL. So your so exasperated over this incident that you divulged that Ukraine and Iran are one of the same country. Hay, even spooks can have a bad day. Now that would explain the Democrats fancy on getting Trump impeached over Ukraine as Ukraine is Iran!

It would also explain as to why the Democrats are in the 1st three posts. Wee

Ever wonder why my Avatar is a "stupid" looking goat. You?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The Iranians accidentally shoot one of their own planes down and the first few posts are about democrats.

Well maybe because the Democrats didn't say "good job President Trump!" Instead they called it an assassination, do you people even know what that word means?

Okay so what you are telling me is Trump killed General Salami knowing the Iranians would accidentally shoot down a commercial jet full of Canadians of Iranian descent which would spark an Arab spring-like revolution.

As liberal Democrat, I give up. You guys win. If you right wingers foreign policy actions are this capable I'm done.

Are you really claiming Trump is responsible for this giant protest against the government? It's like shooting a 3-pointer off the glass. Are you really calling a "bank shot" here was on purpose?

Here is a post from one of yours:

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: network dude

You can't deny that trump was indirectly responsible for that jet being shot down.

Trump gave the order for that drone strike, he ok'ed more troops deployed, I don't know about you but I call that an act of aggression, if Iran retaliated then trumps decision would be an act of war.

And some bloody idiots think he deserves a nobel peace prize, but if Obama can win one well, just award the next one to an inanimate carbon rod because the peace prize is a farce. Trumps interference put Iran's military on edge, they panicked and made a horrible mistake. To put in another perspective, lets say china launched a drone strike hit the pentagon, deploy troops and threatened more drone strikes? you'd worry every time you saw something odd in the night sky.

I don't know if trump can end a war, but he's hellbent on starting one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I hope you can understand my confusion. Trump's actions started a war, ended a war, during that conflict, not 1 US life was lost, Iran backed down, Iran admitted to shooting down a plane themselves, by accident, (and that is Trump's fault as well) and rather than admit that his actions were "masterful", you complain? What kind of war do you want? Something that lasts 20 years and kills young soldiers? Your ideas suck.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Except the report was of aircraft launching out of Al Udeid. Cruise missiles would be used if we had launch platforms in the area. And you're also going from previous knowledge. A radar operator in Tehran may not have that knowledge.
edit on 1/12/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

They would have come from the southeast from the UAE, and some from Iraq to the west.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Every time a plane crashes the "it was hacked" theory comes out. There was even a comment here that it was hacked and the engine made to explode rather than it being a missile.

Operators make mistakes. They're human, not always well trained, and frequently overworked. Mistakes are going to happen. It's tragic, but there isn't always a nefarious reason behind it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join