It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests Erupt in Iran after Military Admits Downing Passenger Jet: "Death to the Dictator"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

They were passing 8,000 feet when the missiles hit. The Tor radar screen, when compared to something like Aegis or a more advanced system is about as basic as they come.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Vector99

There were something like 10 flights between midnight and the time this flight took off.

How long was the difference in time between this flight and the prior one? The student alumni on board have my tinfoil hat buzzing.

edit on 11-1-2020 by Vector99 because: wrong word

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Xtrozero

We need to take out the Ayatollah next

President Trump has promised the Iranian people that if Iran's leadership starts becoming violent towards them, the USA will drone their leaders into the land of 10,000 virgins...all males, LOL.

Male camels?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The flight prior to PS752 was QR8408 at 0539 local. PS752 departed at 0612 local.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Canada supports the people of Iran

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The flight prior to PS752 was QR8408 at 0539 local. PS752 departed at 0612 local.

Something doesn't add up then, one civilian aircraft takes off literally minutes before this one, no issues. Somehow this aircraft causes the commander in charge of the defense system to have "10 seconds" to make a decision?

Something isn't right about this. I read earlier that a handful of the alumni on the plane could be ranked in the top 50 smartest people in the world.

We're on a conspiracy site after all, I'm starting to think this wasn't an accident.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah yeesh. Yeah, it definitely makes me lean towards operator error then.

There's always something on a plane that goes down. The smartest people on earth. The cure for cancer, the cure for aids, DB Cooper. All the really cool musicians.

This is why I prefer driving lol.

Just not tour vans on black ice.

edit on 12-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: Well, I tried to reply to two different people.

edit on 12-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: figured out what I did wrong

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Almost 45 minutes is awhile in this case. That was long enough for the Press TV rumor to make the rounds. It also depends on how long the operator was on duty, how well trained he was, if anyone told him that we were responding to their attack, or to be on the lookout for a response, if other radar sites had picked up unidentified radar returns... There are so many factors that could have caused him to screw up that it's not funny.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

One would think there would have to be a call to ground aircraft before any aerial denial
or is this just too simple a concept? The fault goes up chain of command from the operator imo
Unless it was purposely targeted,in which case the gloves are off.
Curious of where the airport was located in relation to the most probable direction of attack.
edit on 12-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

With how far inland from the nearest possible attack that airport is, they would have had some kind of comms/radar indicating incoming hostiles.

Especially being located near an airport, you would only assume the air defense munitions could differentiate between a civilian aircraft and a cruise missile.

I get the itchy trigger fingers aspect, but something just isn't right about this.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

The call was apparently made requesting to ground all commercial aircraft but it was denied.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

ooo, well then i can't help but blame the carriers.
Such a tragedy

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The call was apparently made requesting to ground all commercial aircraft but it was denied.

Another thing that makes you go hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It was approximately 2 hours after the second missile launch. From Al Udeid, which is where the largest part of any counter strike would come from, to Tehran is 1 hour 56 minutes. Allowing for time to adjust armament, anywhere from 2 1/2 to four hours would be the expected response time from the second wave of missiles.

Two hours would have a radar operator starting to get twitchy. Especially if they are a conscript, or not a professional soldier. Add in that they almost certainly had false images, and other radar operators jumping at shadows, and you end up with a guy looking for an excuse to push the button.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A thread about protests in Iran but most posts are about democrats and how good Trump is.
Seek help asap

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yes but the responsible thing to do,knowing airlines were still in service would be to stand down any anti aircraft units
this did not happen,unless i'm missing something it still convinces me that the responsibility lie in the upper chains of command and not from an itchy finger.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Of course it should, but when has that ever stopped anyone from blaming the guy in the trenches.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I really don't think the response time would have been 2+ hours if we were going to strike back. We moved a lot in place to be ready for instant retaliation, and I truly think cruise missiles would have been launched within 30 minutes had we decided to retaliate.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They killed 3000 on 911...a reply to: jedi_hamster

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Where was the airport in relation to the most probable direction of attack?
what direction was the aircaft headed when it was struck?
havn't done my homework.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join