It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests Erupt in Iran after Military Admits Downing Passenger Jet: "Death to the Dictator"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The Iranians accidentally shoot one of their own planes down and the first few posts are about democrats.

Well maybe because the Democrats didn't say "good job President Trump!" Instead they called it an assassination, do you people even know what that word means? Then they want to limit the President's rights saying he can't be trusted to deal with Iran correctly. Ya, Trump killed and evil man deemed an untouchable... Now they are all touchable and the libs are like "YOU CAN"T TOUCH THEM!". Oops I guess we can, too bad Trump isn't a lifelong politician with these untouchable agreements.

The interesting part is this unforgiven act of killing an untouchable by the President might just be the right thing to do in breaking this 50 year stalemate of doing nothing.

(post by visitedbythem removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We need to take out the Ayatollah next

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The Iranians accidentally shoot one of their own planes down and the first few posts are about democrats.

If it was only an airplane, no-one would care.

That airplane of theirs had nearly 200 human beings on board.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

No, we need to let the Iranians do it. We need to stay out unless it's absolutely necessary.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Um, they shot a Ukrainian passenger plane killing a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, we need to let the Iranians do it. We need to stay out unless it's absolutely necessary.

Bingo.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Iran is a great country
just needs a new style of government,the people want it.
The hope is there won't be too much blood shed

edit on 11-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, if you want to go full circle...since it was a Ukrainian plane, was there anyone on board that could testify against either of the Binden’s activity in Ukraine? Thus proving a justification for Trump’s involvement about looking into it. Meaning it will be chalked up to Hillary (of course) by elements of the Iranian military doing her a solid.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It's looks like the wrong powder keg got ignited!

I still think what Trump did was insanely reckless. If the Iranian hard-line government falls because of accidentally shooting down the jet ignited revolution then it would be like winning HUGE at the craps table for Trump on just making hard-way bets.

Oh my God, if Trump is this lucky bringing down the Iranian government then he deserves to be president another term.

It's so reckless what he did I just can't believe what is happening.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
heuehe

just came for the sour pusses.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Where can we send them weapons?

VIVA LA REVOLUCION~

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well maybe because the Democrats didn't say "good job President Trump!" Instead they called it an assassination, do you people even know what that word means?

Okay so what you are telling me is Trump killed General Salami knowing the Iranians would accidentally shoot down a commercial jet full of Canadians of Iranian descent which would spark an Arab spring-like revolution.

As liberal Democrat, I give up. You guys win. If you right wingers foreign policy actions are this capable I'm done.

Are you really claiming Trump is responsible for this giant protest against the government? It's like shooting a 3-pointer off the glass. Are you really calling a "bank shot" here was on purpose?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I don't think anyone could have predicted that Iran would shoot down a plane on their own soil and that the Iranian people would protest. But I do think the Intel was there that the general wasn't popular among the Iranian people. That may be why the decision was made that it could be done without much blowback.

edit on 11-1-2020 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Waterglass

It's looks like the wrong powder keg got ignited!

I still think what Trump did was insanely reckless. If the Iranian hard-line government falls because of accidentally shooting down the jet ignited revolution then it would be like winning HUGE at the craps table for Trump on just making hard-way bets.

Oh my God, if Trump is this lucky bringing down the Iranian government then he deserves to be president another term.

It's so reckless what he did I just can't believe what is happening.

Maybe Trump is smarter than you.

Think about it.

Bally

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

the way i see it, that's exactly what the higher ups want to do.

only the way i see it... some people say Iran shot it down on purpose to blame the USA. nah. they're not that stupid. so why would they deny an accident? why would they delay admitting it was their fault?

what if they didn't know and it was a false flag operation by CIA/Mossad, designed to destabilize Iran from the inside, since they knew it'll be the straw that'll break the camel's back? what if Iran's government was caught by surprise and someone messed with their hardware and/or people, and they've tried blaming the USA initially, only to figure out later what happened - assuming they've figured out more than "we won't get away with this"?

so yeah, why start a war when Iranians can disassemble their own government, creating Libya-like mess in the process?

does anyone here think that killing a plane full of civilians is beyond those pulling the strings, if it suits their agenda?

this is just the beginning.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

They didn't admit it because if it was an accident, then crap happens, sorry about your people that died, and that's the end of it. Admitting to shooting it down opens them up to having to pay reparations, deteriorating relations with the few countries that are willing to go around the sanctions, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

it wasn't one of their own aircraft, it was a Ukrainian aircraft. which had been sitting at the airport for a hour waiting to be cleared for takeoff.

the victims included 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, 3 Germans and 3 Britons,

edit on 11-1-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Xtrozero

We need to take out the Ayatollah next

President Trump has promised the Iranian people that if Iran's leadership starts becoming violent towards them, the USA will drone their leaders into the land of 10,000 virgins...all males, LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join