It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is Rushing a Hypersonic RBCC/TBCC Aircraft. Something Seems to Have Freaked Them Out.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What do you believe the Chinese saw and why do you think they reacted the way you say?

It's not like they're completely unaware of US aerospace developments, even in the gray/black. And as you're well aware, zippy spyplanes aren't much of a new phenomenon, so I can't imagine one would send too much shock through the CPC. Only thing I can imagine would be frequency of overflights and a lack of deterrence for them.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

It's one thing to know they're being worked on, it's another to see what's really out there.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is this related to the "posturing" that was recently hinted at?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Possibly. If I had to guess, I'd say almost certainly.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

phys.org... yep they be low on water which this thread was the first i had heard of it

Residents often faced a bitter choice: drink dirty, discoloured water and risk sickness, or pay high prices for bottled water and risk poverty. But artist-turned-environmentalist Huo Yalun has been on a mission to change that, installing filters to purify groundwater in the area in a bid to offer a safe alternative for ordinary people. "We have seen many people in villages get cancer and skin diseases because of drinking the polluted water. But I wanted to ... actually find a solution to the villagers' drinking water problems," he told AFP.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's one thing to know they're being worked on, it's another to see what's really out there.

I seem to remember a tour of a black site working on hyper advanced weapons the chinese and russians were allowed to see. They went in the building smiling and laughing really relaxed. then after they came back out..they look like they had seen a ghost and it had scared them so badly they coudnt wait to get back on the plane and head home.

I take it something they saw was finally perfected.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Maybe it was a Pez plane.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: anzha

China has been positioning itself to be a superpower. It can't be that if it doesn't have the same detergents as Russia and the US.

Tide Pods.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's made in china, given their manufacturing reputation the pilot would get into the cockpit and it would burst into flames.

China's is known for quantity, not quality. they might be up to something, but there is a good chance that if push come to shove these planes will more than likely fly like a rock.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Everyone keeps underestimating China, yet here they are.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It's made in china, given their manufacturing reputation the pilot would get into the cockpit and it would burst into flames.

China's is known for quantity, not quality. they might be up to something, but there is a good chance that if push come to shove these planes will more than likely fly like a rock.

That's mainly due to us as consumers wanting mass produced products at the lowest costs. They're military equipment will be a lot different to that. Don't underestimate them.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The US has been working closed cycle engines and other solutions for high mach propulsion for decades. Obviously the Chinese are trying to catch up. I don't see anything unusual going on here.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Everyone keeps underestimating China, yet here they are.

The new Soviet Union

Let’s remember the threat the Soviet Union bought to the west

I’m sure it’ll be easier to sink the communist Chinese than the soviets though

Going after Iran and sanctioning China is key and Trumps already on it

I’d say that’s what has spooked them, there machine will
Come to a crushing halt with Iran in chaos

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Historically, the Chinese have favored competition and some internal (to China) rivalry to drive their innovation. This is not the case here. That is unusual. When added to the very short timeline, this is more than a little eyebrow raising.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

China is nothing like the Soviet Union and they are planning to form their own economic sphere that's independent of the United States, they've learned from both America's & the Soviet's mistakes.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

China is nothing like the Soviet Union and they are planning to form their own economic sphere that's independent of the United States, they've learned from both America's & the Soviet's mistakes.

That’s right. Look at desired ‘influence’ on all things Asia, not so subtle attempts to buy partnership (and land!) in Africa and to a slightly lesser extent in South a America, and as discussed above, strategic eyes on Russia.

China is not like Russia of past. Intent and methods are much more strategic (economic, cultural, political and militaristic) and grand.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: phansett

That’s right. Look at desired ‘influence’ on all things Asia, not so subtle attempts to buy partnership (and land!) in Africa and to a slightly lesser extent in South a America, and as discussed above, strategic eyes on Russia.

China is not like Russia of past. Intent and methods are much more strategic (economic, cultural, political and militaristic) and grand.

Soviet Union / Russia had all the resources it needs close to hand
China is relatively resource-poor and needs to reach out. global economy / technology make this more possible.
that's an oversimplification but I think basically true

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The ultimate goal is to induce gradual dependency on China, which in some cases, is already playing out. I'm happy whatever powers that be in the West (America more-so) woke up and saw the writing on the wall before things got worse.

RAB

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
With regards Chinese consumer kit being cheap err hell yes. I have used a few cheap Chinese air rifles as the starting point for a few projects.

German barrel in a custom caliber, new seals, new springs changes to the trigger and stock.

End point a much better product take home nothing stopping them but cost and the requirements of the customer.

RAB

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I wonder if this is a response the infamous UTTR "zapper"? First, I would imagine that the ChiComm government was intensely interested in the mystery explosion that happened on the North Korean province of Ryanggang. If you believe things you've read on the internet, we've even tested it a few times near their backyard. There was reports of several bright flashes accompanying a 3.6 magnitude earthquake in the west Australia outback in May of 1993. News articles attributed it to a possible nuclear weapons test by the Japanese doomsday cult responsible for the Sarin gas attack in 1995. Then you have the case of the disappearing island off the northern coast of Australia which began in 2000. There is no definitive official explanation as to how an entire island suddenly vanished. However, a certain (former) poster here strongly alluded that the game of "hide the island" was a US weapons test. Then you've got the infamous photos taken outside UTTR in 2004 by a group of UFO Hunters. Strange lights at Dugway were also reported around the same time by multiple local news sources. Then there was the incident in Ryanggang, North Korea in 2005. I imagine the Chinese government would be very interested as to what happened to a supposedly impenetrable facility right in their backyard.

More recently, Trump sort of let the cat out of the bag during his 9/11 Memorial speech referencing "power more destructive than the world has ever seen, and I don't mean nuclear". Then you've got the weird lights sighted in Duhok last month. It would appear that we have perfected the art of reliably zapping stuff. God knows what terrifying refinements have been made over the last 20 years. If the Chinese know (which I suspect they do), I bet they are terrified.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join