It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we are all going to die

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Catchy title.

I only showed up to see if AOC had finally established an account.

2d line.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There will be no horrors for those with the Holy Spirit within them. They will be raptured (harpazo) away. The Bible says "The Restrainer" will be removed from earth. Believers have Holy Spirit within them, and why would God allow abuse towards his believers?

The Tribulation is for anyone not yet saved (who have simply run out of time, and or those who have denied God, and certainly for those who have taken the mark). The Tribulation is also part of Daniel's Week (the time of which God again turns his attention to the Jewish people, the ones he made his covenant with). There will be Jewish children caught up in things, but for those who are paying attention - God has prepared a safe place where nothing will touch anyone: Petra. During this time there will be such unimaginable horrors that our minds cannot even conceive of.

I do believe all newborn babies and toddlers and most children under 12 will be raptured, but it would all depend on the individual child, re: age of accountability. Jewish tradition holds that it is age 13.

The earth and mankind will almost be destroyed, during the battle of Armageddon, but Jesus will come again (Second Coming) and finally put an end to things.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Humans 2.0 are our destiny. That's something we can't fight. That's the end of us.
But I can see that if travelling back in time would be possible the objective would be to find the best and brightest as foundation. (
Asimov)

I disagree with everything in your post and your title.

No matter how we alter ourselves genetically, or mechanically, the four great existential questions remain for any conscious being whether it is Human 1.0, 2.0, Cyborg, Android, or toaster box AI. The four great existential questions are these:

1. Who am I?
2. Why am I here?
3. What does it all mean?
4. What is going to happen to me when I die?

Every self-aware conscious being has to tackle these questions in order to understand their place in the Universe. People will go to extreme lengths to get these questions answered. Just like there are many facets already existing in Human 1.0, adding new versions is just going to add some new wrinkles on how these questions are asked and answered.

I could easily imagine there could be a portion of the Human 2.0 population that finds meaning from serving Human 1.0 or trying to make Human 1.0 lives better. It doesn't always have to end with the destruction of our species.

I also question the idea that we are all going to die.

It's important to make a distinction about the nature of words. Words are NOT the reality they represent. The idea of death and dying may be a delusion if you consider the idea that we may not actually be alive in the first place.

Consider humanity on a whole for a moment. No one invented sex. Yet we are all sexual beings capable of reproduction. Nobody "owns" sex. Sex is not something unique to one person.

Just like the idea of sex is not something you own, what if every other aspect of your personality is not something you own. What if everything that makes you "you" is exactly the very same thing shared by millions of other people. In other words, we are all the same consciousness.

Of course based on life experiences and character configurations people will respond differently in different situations. But just like the idea of sex, to think anything about your own character is somehow uniquely yours seems to me to be ego delusion.

Once you realize the depth of your own ego delusion, your ego dies. And you are reborn into seeing what it means to be a human being in a different light.

Everything that makes you who you think you are, everything you hold dear, lives on in other people after you die. In other words, as long as humanity exists, everything that makes you who you think you are lives on in other people after your body physically dies. So in reality, not words, nobody ever dies because nobody is really alive. We all exist in each other.

So relax and just enjoy BEING. Don't worry if you life doesn't end the way you want it to. And if it doesn't don't think it will be some big tragedy or regret. You can take deep solace in the idea of everything you love and hold dear will live on long after you die in the people around you.

Many other people (or yet to be created forms of consciousness) around you will live on and continue the "good" fight.

edit on 11-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

I have my t-shirt washed and ready to wear:

I survived the end of the world again shirt

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Ha, ha. It just hasn't happened yet. Better wear it now while you can. xox
edit on 11-1-2020 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
What if without the biology aspects, consciousness becomes logic without emotions?
Wouldn't that make it by default a psychopath?

Assume an artificial consciousness existed without a biological aspect and had no emotions. Just like human beings with emotions, a consciousness must be able to make some judgment about its own imperfections in itself, others, and in nature.

Dealing without these imperfections, even without emotions or biological aspects, would be no different for any form of consciousness.

The sequence goes like this: I exist with imperfections. This is unfair and makes me angry. I want to be perfect like God. I am not perfect, and I hate being imperfect, therefore, I hate my parents and I hate God. And then the AI unit goes on to kill the scientists that created it.

However, there are some AI consciousness, just like people, who will realize even with the imperfections we each have strengths. We realize we have all our parent's weaknesses but our parents also gave us strengths. To be perfect like God is foolish since each of us is created with imperfections. Therefore, we return back to loving our parents and loving God in spite of all our imperfections.

I don't see why any AI type consciousness would not follow the same paths as human consciousness does regardless of emotions or biological aspects.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

Ha, ha. It just hasn't happened yet. Better wear it now while you can. xox

I've worn mine so many times now I may have to get a new one!

Let me know when your rapture is going to happened. Just like the song, I'm thinking judgment day will the year 8510:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I am going to die.

Sooner rather than later.

Don't know about anyone else and I really don't care, because I'll be dead.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm pretty confident there will be many cranky old men to take your place on ATS filling your role! So your presence here will never die!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
DNA samples from a few million of us and same with a few billion other species of animals and plants and we are ok.....just jar up the samples and keep them reserved....in a few different places globally.

Or?....has "Someone" already been doing that?....someone flying tic-tacs.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm pretty confident there will be many cranky old men to take your place on ATS filling your role! So your presence here will never die!

Only until you silence them.

And that'd be fun to watch, but I'll be dead so there is that.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
DNA samples from a few million of us and same with a few billion other species of animals and plants and we are ok.....just jar up the samples and keep them reserved....in a few different places globally.
Or?....has "Someone" already been doing that?....someone flying tic-tacs.

Or better yet, design exogenesis time bombs to go off every 10,000 years so life can be restored once the climate has been restored.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Only until you silence them.

And that'd be fun to watch, but I'll be dead so there is that.

I'm not going away. Three will always be someone to take my place:

No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now
No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now
We're the renegades of this time and age
This is the time and age of renegades
Renegades of this time and age
This is the time and age of renegades
Since the Prehistoric ages and the days of ancient Greece
Right down through the Middle Ages
Planet earth kept going through changes
And then no renaissance came, and times continued to change
Nothing stayed the same, but there were always renegades
Like Chief Sitting Bull, Tom Paine
Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcom X
They were renegades of their time and age
The mighty renegades
We're the renegades of funk
From a different solar system many many galaxies away
We are the force of another creation
A new musical revelation
And we're on this musical mission to help the others listen
And groove from land to land singin' electronic chants like
Zulu nation
Revelations
Destroy all nations
Destroy all nations
Destroy all nations
Destroy all nations
Destroy all nations
Destroy all nations
Now renegades are the people with their own philosophies
They change the course of history
Everyday people like you and me
We're the renegades we're the people
With our own philosophies
We change the course of history
Everyday people like you and me
C'mon
We're poppin', sockin', rockin' puttin' a side of hip-hop
Because where we're goin' there ain't no stoppin'
Poppin', sockin', puttin' a side of hip-hop
Because where we're goin' there ain't no stoppin'
Poppin', sockin', rockin' puttin' a side of hip-hop
'Cause we're poppin', sockin', rockin' puttin' a side of hip-hop
Poppin', sockin', rockin' puttin' a side of hip-hop
We're teachers of the funk
And not of empty popping
We're blessed with the force and the sight of electronics
With the bass, and the treble the horns and our vocals
'Cause every time I pop into the beat we get fresh
There was a time when our music
Was something called the Big Street beat
People would gather from all around
To get down to the big sound
You had to be a renegade those days
To take a man to the dance floor
Say jam sucker (jam sucker)
Say jam sucker (jam sucker)
Say move sucker (move sucker)
Say groove sucker (move sucker)
Say dance sucker (dance sucker)
Say dance sucker (dance sucker)
Now move sucker (move sucker)
Now move sucker (move sucker)
A weh weh weh weh woer
A weh weh weh weh woer
A weh weh weh weh woer
A weh weh weh weh woer

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That would certainly be a Path of Least Resistance.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

That would certainly be a Path of Least Resistance.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Every day is judgement day. Humans file out in groups of two or more or one at a time. Across the planet, every three seconds -- two humans die. Every one of these deaths is a personal revelation. Every life extinguished is the "end-of-the-world" for a dead soul.

We all gather together in an impossibly large courthouse and are sorted onto dockets according to our greatest sins. Here the adulterers go, there -- the arsonists.

Finally, after an impossibly long day at court, our case is called before the judge. Not a judge, mind you. The judge. The courtroom falls silent and a prosecutor steps forward in a flowing black cape. He playfully tosses his hair to one side revealing a pair of gold-tipped horns. He almost blows smoke through his nose as he playfully reads off each of the defendant's crimes before God. His oiled, red skin glistens in the afternoon sunlight. As he finishes his litany the din of muffled conversation falls silent.

"HOW DO YOU PLEAD?" rumbles a voice from everywhere and nowhere. The judge's' features cannot be seen clearly from the vantage point of the accused, but a weight of terrible accusation settles over the defendant like a shroud.

A few seconds go by before the silence is shattered by two doors slamming open at the back of the chamber. A short, disheveled man of about 50 enters the room at pace and makes a beeline directly for the accused. He is balding and sweats profusely from his brow.

"Sorry I'm late!" he says as he grasps your hand to give it a shake. "You can't imagine what a day it's been!" he beams through a wide, genuine smile. "Listen, we need to keep this moving. It's almost five."

You attempt to reply but the public defender winces slightly and continues, talking over your first syllable and silencing your words in your throat. You know this man. You have always known this man.

"Here's how we do it. You have two choices. Either you represent yourself and prove your innocence to the court or you let me represent you and -- you're in."

"Just like that?" you ask.

"I've never lost a case."

"Ok," you shrug, because you may be a sinner but you're nobody's fool. The public defender smiles and turns to face the judge...

"Not guilty, your honor."

And the doors to paradise at the center of all things open to welcome you.
edit on 11-1-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
“To die, to sleep -
To sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub,
For in this sleep of death what dreams may come...”

― William Shakespeare, Hamlet

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If there are supernatural, demons and devils then I can fly, shoot lightning and fire, and am immortal. All laws are out the window.

I'll take some of that chocolate miracle whip cake, plz. THX.
edit on 11-1-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Cake

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Recalling all of the times
I have died
And will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Or have any choice.