It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few things to ponder no matter where you live or what country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
"Show me that age and country where the rights and liberties of the people were placed upon the sole chance of their rulers being good men, without a consequent loss of liberty. " 1788 Patric Henry

"Trust no man living with the power to endanger the public liberty." John Adams

" The essence of government is power ; and power lodged in human hands as it must be, will ever be liable for abuse." James Madison

" Power is intoxicating and men who are legally vested with it, to often discover a disposition to make an ill use of it & an unwillingness to part with it." Samuel Adams

" All artful rulers, who strive to extend their power beyond its just limits, endeavor to give to their attempts as much semblance of legality as possible." John Dickinson

" It must be never forgotten, that the liberties of the people are not so safe under the gracious manner of government as by the limitation of power."
Richard Henry Lee

" When the power is in the few it is natural for them to sacrifice the many for their on partialities and corruption." James Madison

" In questions of power let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the constitution."
Thomas Jefferson 1798

People talking like this in many countries would end up in jail or worse. It is amazing how the times have changed ... I just posted these thoughts from people who were great minds IMO and who knew human nature . You do not have to look very far to see their words were true then just as they are today.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well we already know, those who pay any attention, that politicians go into to office with a little money and leave with a great deal of money. Their children and their spouses end up making incredible amounts of money. We don't rise up. Politicians, their family, their friends, reap ridiculous rewards.... and we don't rise up.

It's become clear that politicians have received kickbacks from Ukraine and I'm sure that is just scratching the surface. There are so many other countries and so many more programs to suck money out of the people of the US. Sadly nobody cares. They are all too happy to rail against Trump and screech about Emoluments Clause. It doesn't matter that Trump was already a billionaire. Meanwhile the legislative branch is raping us for millions, likely billions, of dollars with money from foreign entitlements.

I'd be willing to run on a term limit and financial audit platform, but nobody would care. That's the sad thing. Nobody cares. I want liberty, but they don't care. I'm just going to do the best I can with what I have. That's all we can do now.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Love your quotes.

Seems to me Congress--maybe a Constitutional amendment. Requiring the reading of one such quote every 4 hours when Congress is in session. And before every vote on a bill. And on every paper ballot. And on every political ad of any sort at the start & the end.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

At some level, not rising up; not insisting on laws preventing such, makes us complicit.

Must be corrected going forward--if we are to endure as a constructive nation or at all.

Institutionalized corruption has to be among the worst kind.

& political grifting greedy power-mongering arrogant smug devilish corruption has to be worse than pig poop.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think the problem is the majority of people are kept in a state of fear (social dialectics) and as a result gratification, (1st person) "I got mine" satisfaction is the engendered goal, rather than a "co creative participation" in providing and maintaining liberty for all.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I think the problem is the majority of people are kept in a state of fear (social dialectics) and as a result gratification, (1st person) "I got mine" satisfaction is the engendered goal, rather than a "co creative participation" in providing and maintaining liberty for all.

Ummm...that is...until you consider that those fearful people...are all individual...and individually surrender their freedom for an illusion of safety...and comfort...

Collectivism is only possible when said individuals decide their personal welfare is better left in the hands of a few father figures...and the arms of their..."brothers"...

Collectivism only works on the Omega of the species...the Alpha's and Beta's are selectively removed from the herd...and are culled...or join the collective as enforcers and ruling elite...

There is no vehicle for maintaining..."Liberty for all"...beyond constant vigilance...
Rather...it is not within the collective that liberty resides...but in the individual...for the individual either keeps..."these self evident truths"...or sells them piecemeal to incrementalism...

I have personally witnessed the encroachment of incrementalism...on this site...

"Go along to get along"...has no place in maintaining liberty...nor does acquiescing to...feels...or drama...

Constant vigilance to ensure liberty...has a hard heart...is unmoved by..."it's for the children"...or other such ruse...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

totally agree, I didnt fully expess my thoughts...yours will do

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings. I believe in many libertarian points but also believe in altruism. That civilization is measured by how it treats its weakest members. So think there will never be an answer which will make everyone 100% happy.

I do believe the lawmakers should be a seperate body to governments. That the people should have the right to vote for on new laws. That the laws govern both people and governments.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Something else to consider which has been stated precisely and succinctly by Tucker of Fox news. The 2020 election really is important to those who do not want to see America turned into another California which the dems seem to think is a great model for the rest of us. youtu.be...

top topics

join