It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the belief in god considered a mental illness ?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Let him without mental illness cast the first stone.

Seems like everyone has some form of mental illness, its just a question of how well the individual in question is coping

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Seems like everyone has some form of mental illness, its just a question of how well the individual in question is coping.

I was just thinking about that today. Being human is bizarre; stressful and very odd compared to the usual state of a personality in active individualized formation because the learning curve (being human) is so compressed. I would say aggressive competitive COPING is a major necessity in order to succeed. Forget mental illness as unusual; that is a byproduct of being separated from ones Creator.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Seems like everyone has some form of mental illness, its just a question of how well the individual in question is coping.

I was just thinking about that today. Being human is bizarre; stressful and very odd compared to the usual state of a personality in active individualized formation because the learning curve (being human) is so compressed. I would say aggressive competitive COPING is a major necessity in order to succeed. Forget mental illness as unusual; that is a byproduct of being separated from ones Creator.

I have a personal hypothesis that mental illness could be a symptom of the need for control. The need to not just succeed but never be afraid of failure ever again. This creator object could be some magic machine that guarantees failure is an illusion to disguise a master plan, and that we are priceless pieces in that machine. The more "unique" you are, the more critical your purpose in the long game. It's a sugar pill hiding in a bowl full of antidepressants that shield you from bad company, questionable judgment and a dysfunctional economy. Sin is just another word for chaos, the idea that ultimate authority grants us the ability to be good and without that external source of love and hope, we have nothing to offer but violence and hate.
edit on 5-3-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

TzarChasm: Seems like everyone has some form of mental illness, its just a question of how well the individual in question is coping.

vethumanbeing: I was just thinking about that today. Being human is bizarre; stressful and very odd compared to the usual state of a personality in active individualized formation because the learning curve (being human) is so compressed. I would say aggressive competitive COPING is a major necessity in order to succeed. Forget mental illness as unusual; that is a byproduct of being separated from ones Creator.

TzarChasm: I have a personal hypothesis that mental illness could be a symptom of the need for control. The need to not just succeed but never be afraid of failure ever again. This creator object could be some magic machine that guarantees failure is an illusion to disguise a master plan, and that we are priceless pieces in that machine. The more "unique" you are, the more critical your purpose in the long game. It's a sugar pill hiding in a bowl full of antidepressants that shield you from bad company, questionable judgment and a dysfunctional economy. Sin is just another word for chaos, the idea that ultimate authority grants us the ability to be good and without that external source of love and hope, we have nothing to offer but violence and hate.

Mental illness is a symptom of being out of control; as in the complete failure of having a 'coping mechanism' in order to stabilize or "normalize" extreme emotional reactions to unknown circumstances. This is far below meeting the criteria of controlling anything. Fear of failure could translate ultimately to lost of life (a real fear well placed). What is missing is the hand holding of our Creator. It is the perceived 'abandonment' of such that is so painful. The master plan is for you as Creator 's proxy human to experience in body that which it is not physically designed for. You are Its material form. You are It as an individualized soul experiencing Itself. There is no sin, no fault no mistakes. It is all part of the continuous pathological "knowing" process necessary to a system geared for positive achievement = growth: love/expansion.
edit on 14-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Yes, | believe it may be so...the real truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join