It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the belief in god considered a mental illness ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: TzarChasm

well according to "the science"

human brains are predisposed to thinking of deities and the afterlife

so we are either designed to be mentally ill or we are naturally mentally ill

either way , we are mentally ill

"worship" simply means 'acknowledgement of worth'. People worship all sorts of things. They worship the opinion of scientists. They worship the opinion that others have of them. they worship their bank account, their home, their job, their family, and so on. Worship is unavoidable. What you worship makes all the difference though.

What if we all acknowledged the worth of becoming the embodiment of Goodness? Can we all agree on that kind of unity?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: TzarChasm

well according to "the science"

human brains are predisposed to thinking of deities and the afterlife

so we are either designed to be mentally ill or we are naturally mentally ill

either way , we are mentally ill

My answer to that is that a cancer tumor should not be given a brain to speak with or a soul to feel with. The inevitable conflict of apoptosis and nihilism will cause havoc and madness. in other words, sacrificing for the greater good vs the greater good is a myth and life is a cruel prank. how do you imagine a tumor would feel to learn it is being surgically destroyed because it had the bad luck to be born in the wrong place. such creatures dont get a choice, but we do. because we are "special". or maybe that is just a lie we tell ourselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Hey you are right worship is unavoidable since it appears that the human brain is geared towards it , we have no free will in that regard I suppose.

as for the unity around being the emodiement of goodnees , I can get behind that mate

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join