It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the belief in god considered a mental illness ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeh its a bit all over the place really, one cannot be blamed for being lost in a sea of chaos!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"Could the belief in god considered a mental illness ?" That all depends on perspective, and how much mind control you have been under.

My personal motto is this " I believe in God Almighty (Divine Creator), creator 0f heaven and Earth, and the Angels. And all the rest, is debatable. The above is my conclusion after 40 some years of research.

"So, do you think I would be the right choice to meet the aliens ? " Mankind has been "meeting" aliens for the last 10,000 years, by one name or another. They just like to hide that bit of truth from us.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing
originally posted by: Akragon

a reply to: joeyhalf
Im not questioning IF God exists...when it comes to condemning others due to ones belief...
it is an illness perhaps not so much mental as spiritual...
IMHO

vethumanbeing: Murdering others because they have a another name for the same God is insane. Killing others because their belief systems differ is just bad manners.

akragon: not sure what you're trying to say here.

It is one and the same; ones 'dogma' that results in murdering someone exhibits 'bad manners'.
edit on 16-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

manners lol

we break down murder to... bad manners?

yeah im still lost here

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

manners lol we break down murder to... bad manners?
yeah im still lost here

How would a radicalized Islamist Terrorist justify a perfectly reasonable (difference in belief system) dogma based murder? As righteous. The victim might perceive this murder as being ill mannered.
edit on 17-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What would be considered as a god anyways? From what I've gathered mainly one or two things from most myths is that they couldn't be killed by conventional means like they were superman to immortality. While the other would be able to change or create matter for of lack of a better word, into anything they wanted, like water into wine.

Shape an form might be a whole another issue but most tribal folks would want some prove for such a high order.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. 
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. 
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? 
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus,

I wonder which him he is talking about since that came about 3rd century bc.

edit on 17-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
What would be considered as a god anyways? From what I've gathered mainly one or two things from most myths is that they couldn't be killed by conventional means like they were superman to immortality. While the other would be able to change or create matter for of lack of a better word, into anything they wanted, like water into wine.

Shape an form might be a whole another issue but most tribal folks would want some prove for such a high order.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. 
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. 
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? 
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus,

Why would God limit Itself? It is expressing Itself through the conduit "Human" and would allow for everything possible to happen. That was the first point of the exercise.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well that's the thing with most mythology an which God we are talking. They wouldn't have a limit in certain aspects wether they were just all powerful to being specialized in a element or principle of sorts that they would reside over.

All the while the god in the bible all over the place, capable of all sorts of f'ery that would make the power house, Zeus or all knowing, Odin jealous.

edit on 18-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well that's the thing with most mythology an which God we are talking. They wouldn't have a limit in certain aspects wether they were just all powerful to being specialized in a element or principle of sorts that they would reside over.

All the while the god in the bible all over the place, capable of all sorts of f'ery that would make the power house, Zeus or all knowing, Odin jealous.

Probably because he is roughly based on their mythos.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You know this (sneaky one). God depends on mankind to explain Itself to Itself.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

GOD absolute is also all forms of Demi-Gods and life forms sprung including dare I say it; the human being. This is Gods show Its play/movie we are all acting within ITS realm. Why? Because It wants to understand what IT is. The only way to do this is by creating things that can express themselves well enough "language skills necessary" to satisfy it. What happens when It knows everything about Itself it needs (the experiment will cease to exist POOF).
edit on 18-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

God needs us to tell him who/what he is?

And what's the punchline?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The gods or god would be jealous of our existence sort of speak since they would be nether living or dead, nor should they be ignorant of theres. They would lack the uncertainty we would have.

I've had similar ideas of God with the God of Abraham and the various takes with Gnostics. They should of just called him Ego instead.

Guess your leaning towards a collective consciousness, the " love your enemy, for there can be no greater joy" or "I'm not me, I'm you" schtick.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yea, even though I do think Jesus is definently based on Hades more so then Zeus. Whose apparently more of gentlemen, even though he should be more terrifying. Lord of the Dead an all.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No punchline exists to satisfy/rectify the loneliness of being One by Itself in a vacuum with No Thing to bounce anything off of.There is no reference point/perspective TAKE on situation of existence/being.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Specimen88: The gods or god would be jealous of our existence sort of speak since they would be nether living or dead, nor should they be ignorant of theres. They would lack the uncertainty we would have.

They (demi-god creators) are totally jealous of the human because they are not HUMAN. Also, they cannot participate fully in this construct because they have prior knowledge regarding who and what they are to the specie/planet they created. Humans are born without memory of past lives or purpose. There is a hierarchy of those that manipulate us. Some are more powerful than others. They are not GOD but are of God just as we are and remarkably have emotional weaknesses. You would be surprised at what their forms resemble.

Specimen88: I've had similar ideas of God with the God of Abraham and the various takes with Gnostics. They should of just called him Ego instead.Guess your leaning towards a collective consciousness, the " love your enemy, for there can be no greater " or "I'm not me, I'm you" schtick.

The God of Abraham is a Demi-god that is full of itself; EGO is a good name for it. Collective consciousness is a given result if one communicates telepathically with others in your community. You are not able to lie within this format because thought is instant.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

No punchline exists to satisfy/rectify the loneliness of being One by Itself in a vacuum with No Thing to bounce anything off of.There is no reference point/perspective TAKE on situation of existence/being.

Deep sleep is the best......no loneliness experienced 🤔
edit on 19-1-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

No punch line exists when someone thinks they can speak of God's situation before any matter and reference points came into existence. Or indeed to speak of God's human frailties such as loneliness. What next? God was sad...God was happy?

You couldn't make it up...well you could!

edit on 19-1-2020 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
Non conceptual reality never goes anywhere and is hiding in plain sight....

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: midicon

Non conceptual reality never goes anywhere

I don't recall anyone saying otherwise, 'reality' is just reality with no need for the sequitur 'Non conceptual'. It obviously can't 'go anywhere' when it encompasses everything.

and is hiding in plain sight....

I think that is an unfortunate choice of phrase as 'reality' isn't really 'hiding' in plain sight. We are limited by our senses and cognitive abilities so 'plain sight' is limited too.

If you reply to this please don't post a video link!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join