It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banishment: Arguing with Echoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I abhor the banishment of ideas and those who speak them.

I hate the stupid ideas. I love the brilliant ones. I routinely expose myself to both. I LOVE to debate and argue. I LOVE IT when I am beaten in a debate because my ego got the better of me. I relish the disagreement, the intellectual contest, the growth as a person that I experience when I am forced to defend my ideas or forfeit my worldview entirely.

Why are you here? Why am I?

I'm here to feed. I'm hungrier than anyone you know. I read every word you type and your challenge forces my mind open. A flow of information begins and I live off of it for a few hours a day. I need you and cannot survive without you. You focus my mind and allow me to express myself against you. You piss me off. You make me laugh with your logical absurdities and I disgust you with mine.

I am here to confirm that I am not insane and that I am still a rational human being and that the universe has not abandoned its laws. I am here to experiment with my ideas and have their foolishness crushed out, it's egotism burned out, and it's ignorance polished away in the hopes of leaving us all with at least one good idea for all of our efforts.

I don't want to see you banned. You are the other half of my good and bad ideas and without you, I am lost and prone to fooling myself and I just can't have that.

To those of you that would force this upon me; what you do to the ideas you don't like matters. When you tell people they CAN'T have those ideas they will cling to them. When you exclude them for those ideas instead of challenging them they return to destroy you. Debate and free exchange is the ONLY WAY we arrive to our futures in one piece. The other way is through the barrel of a rifle.

You pick.
edit on 1 10 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What kind of rifle?

Will it kill me quick, or will I suffer horribly?

Will there be cake, after?

These are valid questions.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

BYOR

That depends on the shooter

There is always cake, dude.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

My grandpa always said.
“Don’t ever forget, where ever you go, there you are.”

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ummm...no...just no...

It is perfectly OK...to tell the criminally insane...that they’re criminally insane...and you can’t yell fire in a crowded forum thread...

Frankly...Sir...the aim of these threads...is to generate enough negative feedback that the only response is...not to play...

There are two threads in the mud pit today...that are perfect examples of insanity striving for relevance...
They neither sought or communicated any intellectual challenge or stimulation...they were not offered up for debate...they were designed to elicit certain response mechanisms...and hopefully generate expulsions...

I read through those threads...there was absolutely nothing that scratched my intellectual itch...
Nothing stimulating in the least...

That being stated...if that’s what the powers that be wish to exemplify...
then so be it...eff em all...lets parrrtay...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your grandpa was Winnie the Pooh?

join