It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois wants to tax childbirth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
All these insidious taxes and constantly short of cash.

Crazy idea, why not go after tax evading megacorporations and multibillionaires? This affects states as much as the federal government.

Oh I forgot. Those same megacorps pay for your election campaign, regardless if you are D or R. Silly me.

Yup! And they constantly feed us the line that trickle-down will save us all. Don't worry about giving mega corporations massive tax breaks and allowing loopholes. Just have faith it will trickle down and tgey'll save you from tax hell.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Lysergic
Ah yes the human tax.

They have a Head Tax. That is: you as a company paying employees are charged money per year for each person you hired and are working for you.
They have a vehicle tax; that is a sticker required that pays for police to come investigate accidents...it used to be 50 dollars a year; I am certain it is much more than it was in the 90s.
They have a 'signage' tax, that is if you hang a shingle outside your business its $300.00 a year (lived there Lincoln and Diversey Ave: owned a business).
You have to imagine their inventiveness in ways to tax is just DIABOLICAL/Dickansonian.
Not sure how one taxes those aborted; but certainly allows for creativity in taxing the Mothers or the attending personnel.
huh, I used to live on Diversey and Ashland.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Just remember, those taxes are just so they can give you things you could otherwise provide for yourself, and that's only if you're poor and usually they do a crappy job of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, im not against taxes but it's very obvious corruption at a high level is happening. Politicians, corporations, and rich friends are the only ones benefiting.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
just shows you how screwed Illinois is. they are looking for anything they can tax. they can only raise taxes so much, so they have to look for things that aren't already taxed, to tax. seriously if they don't fix their spending they will turn their entire state into a slum, where only those who can't afford to leave, which is pretty much those that don't pay much tax, and those who live off of taxes are left.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What about women that have 12 kids so they can get on walfare?

Should they be taxed?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

We pay it even if we Don't have children

That is some bs. Shouldn't have to pay for other peoples kids when you don't have any.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

In Ohio, property taxes to the district and income taxes to the district (in most districts)...whether you have children or not.
edit on 11-1-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Uhhhh, corporations functionally do not pay taxes.

They ALWAYS pass it along to their customers.

Given that their customers are likely from poor to wealthy, the RESULT is the poor pay a disproportionate portion of that passed-down-tax than they would have if corporations were not taxed at all.

It is a Marxist globalist lie to deceive the low-IQ, low-info voters that taxing corporations is a wonderful thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am just going along with the idea that some crazy politician is actually suggesting this...
Not because I believe it.

But, probably most pregnancies are more of an oops than they are planned and will happen weather the parentS have the money to pay their stupid tax or not..
So, what are they going to do if the parentS decide they just arent gonna pay the stupid tax? It's not like they can tell the women in labor not to have the kid. They arent gonna force her to have an abortion before she goes into labor. I suppose they could throw the parentS in jail for not paying it, but then, you end up with a newborn baby with no one to take care of. Just how would they intend to enforce this tax? Have it attached to the hospital bill and make them responsible for collecting it? Heck, I imagine the hospitals are grateful if their bill is paid alot of times. Of course in my neck of the woods, something like 70% of the revenues going to the hospitals is coming from govt programs, so would the govt be paying itself for this tax?
It's a stupid idea, especially if you are among the many in this country that want to ban abortions, dont want to utilize immigration to help maintain manageable population levels, and are expecting the next generations to pay for the govts spending sprees.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Spayed yes, taxed specifically over their spawnings? No.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

No Taxation Without Representation . Who Represented this > ?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoseGarcia

So mega corporations like Amazon shouldn't pay anything?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Illinois wants to tax childbirth

I say we tax abortion.

And make life equal in death.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Lysergic
Ah yes the human tax.

They have a Head Tax. That is: you as a company paying employees are charged money per year for each person you hired and are working for you.
They have a vehicle tax; that is a sticker required that pays for police to come investigate accidents...it used to be 50 dollars a year; I am certain it is much more than it was in the 90s.
They have a 'signage' tax, that is if you hang a shingle outside your business its $300.00 a year (lived there Lincoln and Diversey Ave: owned a business).
You have to imagine their inventiveness in ways to tax is just DIABOLICAL/Dickansonian.
Not sure how one taxes those aborted; but certainly allows for creativity in taxing the Mothers or the attending personnel.
huh, I used to live on Diversey and Ashland.

Star Top Cafe; 2748 N. Lincoln. 1985-1996. I love Chicago but I am glad it did not follow me to Dragoon.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Spayed yes

Do you want to force it on them?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I couldn't have put it better. What part of "all costs are borne by the consumer" don't they understand? From my 7th grade Economics Class (1977)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Just remember, those taxes are just so they can give you things you could otherwise provide for yourself, and that's only if you're poor and usually they do a crappy job of it.

"usually they do a crappy job of it. " That's by design. It is to protect the jobs of the Public Sector Union employees. If they did a good job, they couldn't justify adding new employees and we might start asking why we need all of those that we have now.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Spayed yes, taxed specifically over their spawnings? No.

What's that poster slogan cropping up here & there? Something like:

SPAY YOUR LIBERAL RELATIVES NOW!

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I couldn't have put it better. What part of "all costs are borne by the consumer" don't they understand? From my 7th grade Economics Class (1977)

Thank you.

I don't think the power-mongering Marxist globalist oligarchy drones are much concerned with understanding.

They have spent decades of Goebbelite research, skills & strategies helping insure that the populace does NOT understand what the ruling dictatorial authoritarians are up to.

They were very close to installing a President trained & bone marrow dedicated to totally destroying the USA & the freedoms of the Western culture.

The dumbed down education system is all about minimizing if not destroying authentic informed understanding.

One of the officials of the local Jr College came back from a D.C. meeting at the Dept of Ed & resigned because the Dept of Ed told them very plainly that they were deliberately dumbing down the schools.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join