It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois wants to tax childbirth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.illinoispolicy.org...

Among the desired proposals included in Lopez’s series of tweets were “conception fees” and a license on childbirth, before later conceding that “this is not China” and that such measures were unlikely lawful in the United States.

Lopez’s tweets also called for a “toddler escrow.” He told the Chicago Sun-Times that he “was serious” and that if it were possible “to legally implement parental licensing or conception fees” he would spearhead the effort.

The crazy state just gets crazier.
Yes, taxing childbirth and toddlers..... Can they get any more insane? In a state where they are losing tax dollars every single minute from people leaving this is just nuts. I know there are people that will say, oh it's just a tweet and not serious. Let me tell you something. Everything starts like that. I'm beginning to believe, the more crazy it is the more likely it is to happen.
Toll roads were never touted as being a permanent solution. Things like this are said and all of a sudden in a few years they are made into law.
What's next?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They're going to get chicks to have abortions one way or another I see.

Reminds me of a little saying...

"They tax you when you're good. They fine you when you're bad."

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ah yes the human tax.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Ah yes the human tax.

They have a Head Tax. That is: you as a company paying employees are charged money per year for each person you hired and are working for you.
They have a vehicle tax; that is a sticker required that pays for police to come investigate accidents...it used to be 50 dollars a year; I am certain it is much more than it was in the 90s.
They have a 'signage' tax, that is if you hang a shingle outside your business its $300.00 a year (lived there Lincoln and Diversey Ave: owned a business).
You have to imagine their inventiveness in ways to tax is just DIABOLICAL/Dickansonian.
Not sure how one taxes those aborted; but certainly allows for creativity in taxing the Mothers or the attending personnel.
edit on 10-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Aren't Politicians the only one that dont pay taxes?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I went to Walmart today......
The idea of a license to have children is....well...intriguing.....

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hmmm, I remember something about inalienable rights ?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Is that you Strzok?

originally posted by: Bluntone22

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So basically, the alderman is saying only people who are wealthy are allowed to have kids since poor people cannot afford to pay the tax. Yeah, time to dump that Alderman and also get rid of the people who helped to put him in office.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Another incredibly genocidal, suicidal globalist oligarchy idea to expand !!!!CONTROL!!!! over individuals; shred freedoms; depopulate etc.

I do believe that if we could figure out a way to do it without government, licensing parents to have children might help prevent a lot of pain & suffering & attachment disorder. However, having government manage that would be utter disaster.

It would be probably even more powerful for good to prevent Attachment Disorder. That's the trigger, cause for a long list of destructive evils hurting individuals, families & society.

Politicians never met a tax they couldn't be incestuously involved with. Taxation is mostly theft & enabling authoritarian power-mongering.

As taxes go up, freedoms go down.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Hmmm, I remember something about inalienable rights ?

Only people from outside of this world have inalienable rights, us earthlings don't get inalienable rights.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

They already do its called a hospital bill.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I went to Target today and seen some scum there as well. People with money are no better than the poor, they just dress it up better.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It must be fun just sitting back and taxing the f*** out of everyone.
I might like to switch sides one day?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
All these insidious taxes and constantly short of cash.

Crazy idea, why not go after tax evading megacorporations and multibillionaires? This affects states as much as the federal government.

Oh I forgot. Those same megacorps pay for your election campaign, regardless if you are D or R. Silly me.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So basically, the alderman is saying only people who are wealthy are allowed to have kids since poor people cannot afford to pay the tax. Yeah, time to dump that Alderman and also get rid of the people who helped to put him in office.

I actually don't think it would work that way. The low income always get a pass for most taxes. They would likely be exempt if they were below a certain income level. Also, in one were in the 'minority' category, they would only have to play the 'Whatever' card and gain override sympathy to be on their merry way into childbirth.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Why not go after those people in the commercials that say ...…......I owed the IRS $80,000 but only had to pay $100.00 thanks to So and So tax relief.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We have a tax on child birth here in Kentucky.
Its called School Tax.
We pay it even if we Don't have children.a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
All these insidious taxes and constantly short of cash.

Crazy idea, why not go after tax evading megacorporations and multibillionaires? This affects states as much as the federal government.

Oh I forgot. Those same megacorps pay for your election campaign, regardless if you are D or R. Silly me.

Better idea - it's seldom a cash flow problem. Usually, it's a spending problem. Illinois needs to balance its books.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I suggest a new law that makes it mandatory to pay new taxes in coins traveling at a speed no less than 2,200 mph and the person/s who passed the bill must live at the building the tax is collected at

You know they always want there money faster so it's a win win in my book

edit on 11-1-2020 by markovian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join