It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

usa !!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
just wondering why the usa dosnt just say to hell with the rest of the world and cut of all ties instead of constantly having critiscism levelled at it.
i wonder what the world would do with out america to blame for everything
just wanted peoples views on this

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ryan25
just wondering why the usa dosnt just say to hell with the rest of the world and cut of all ties instead of constantly having critiscism levelled at it.
i wonder what the world would do with out america to blame for everything
just wanted peoples views on this

I bet moved by the 5th response. Any takers?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Will it last that long ????

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i just think america gets to much criticism dont get me wrong sometimes its deserved but generally in the international community they get slaughtered
for trying to help countrys instead of sitting on there hands like most of euorpe tend to

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
sorry guys still trying to figure out ats

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They would still blame the USA for all the bad things that happen.

They would tell each other that the USA had no right to pull out and that the USA owed them.

Roper

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think it would be a good idea to cut ties with the rest of the world and stop getting involved in their countries.

The main reason the US gets blamed for things that go wrong in other countries is because the US is involved in most of the events that happen in other countries.

If there had been no war in Iraq people would not be as critical of the US as they are right now. If there is another war in Syria or Iran the anti-Americanism will likely get even worse.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
America is the largest market of consumers. Why not just keep our stuff here at home and raise all import tariffs to cost plus ten million dollars. i do not need foreign stuff. It will definitely be painful for America but what about the rest of the world? Lets not fight with our guns but with our wallets. Close off the borders, and leave the rest of the world alone like they ask.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
America is the largest market of consumers. Why not just keep our stuff here at home and raise all import tariffs to cost plus ten million dollars. i do not need foreign stuff. It will definitely be painful for America but what about the rest of the world? Lets not fight with our guns but with our wallets. Close off the borders, and leave the rest of the world alone like they ask.

America would die. I think it's safe to say that America needs the world more than the world needs America. Not that I want to see your scenario happen. That would mean I would need to smuggle my American friends out of the US and leave the rest of you to try and sell poptarts to eachother.

Hmmm, or perhaps we might actually see a mass exodus from America. I'm sure that around 6 billion people worldwide can find some space for around 250 million Americans who actually like the rest of the world. Then you and your minority of fundamentalist right wing isolationists can have that 3rd world country you long for.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sorry Cargo, but you couldn't be more wrong. The U.S. has a trade deficite with every country it trades with. It would be difficult on America for a few years but in the long run it would benifit this country greatly. This nation was an isolationist nation for over 170 years, and we did just fine. The world would collapse on itself without America.

If the U.S. became an isolationist country again, who would stop totalitarian regimes from taking over smaller defenseless countries?

Who would send foriegn aid to poverty stricken nations? Do you think that the rest of the world would band together to fill in the gaps? please.

Then you have the United Nations. Over 40% of the U.N.'s funding comes from the United States. When the U.N. sends peace keeping troops into a war torn country, majority of them are American. Plus it's the American military that trains most of their foreign peace keeping troops.

Please don't say that the U.S. needs the world more than the world needs the U.S. Without America, the U.N. would crumble into disrepair, the middle east and Africa would fall farther behind than they already are, and the world economy would collapse in on itself. In twenty years time, the progress of democracy would be set back decades and decades. We would be right back to pre WWII all over again.

It's a scary thought. To the rest of the world, that is. It would be them, not us, who would suffer.

[edit on 3/17/2005 by HALLOWEEN78]

[edit on 3/17/2005 by HALLOWEEN78]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The U.S. will never cut ties with the rest of the world because it is owned and operated by international businessmen. The government may try to engender nationalism when the purpose suits them, but they cannot keep their hands off other countries due to coroprate greed.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Never say never. I admit, it won't happen anytime soon. But the wheels are in motion as we speak. At this very moment there is legislation in congress that is trying to kick the U.N. out of America, and America withdraw from the U.N totally. While that legislation won't get passed now, however, the writing is on the walls.

top topics

join