It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Paul II, first Pope in History to proclaim apostasy, October 1996

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I realised that Google can't find any more my explanation of how John Paul II was the first Pope in History to proclaim apostasy (1), after the freerepublic cache version was updated with the "thread pulled" version:www.google.com...

Incredibly there are currently only two results in the web for this:
 www.google.com... 

Time to explain it again, may God will. But before I will let you express your ideas of how it happened (if you have none, please ignore this thread).

Notes: (1) I mean the core of apostasy - not only catholic related, like sunday/saturday observation

[edit on 9-3-2005 by MattMarriott]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ya know, ummm...I really don't want to show my ignorance here....but well....the thread looks interesting, if I know what you are talking about??

what does it mean that he claimed apostasy?

I'm not sure if I am understanding it right.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
An apostate is someone who leaves the faith. Thus there was even a Roman emperor, Julian i think, who converted to christianity and than later left it and returned to paganism or somesuch. He was called 'Julian the Apostate' or somesuch if I recall correctly.

MattMariot, explain how the pope became an apostate.

Is this what you are taling about? That the pope sensibly agree that 'evolution is more than a theory'?

That hardly makes him an apostate, the faithful don't have to be literal biblicists. Indeed, the RCC has never been literalist.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Is this what you are taling about? That the pope sensibly agree that 'evolution is more than a theory'?

Yes, congratulations. I will post later how the details how this milestone was staged.

An apostate is someone who leaves the faith.

That hardly makes him an apostate, the faithful don't have to be literal biblicists. Indeed, the RCC has never been literalist.

I do not mean literal biblicists.
To see what I mean with apostasy and faith see first:
Who is God, what is apostasy - explained
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
BTW, check this SOHO EIT image of the sun, from hours after I started this thread - don't miss page 2, someone has rotated it into perspective

www.belowtopsecret.com...

pao

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
so far this is making as much sense as wearing gloves on your feet

maybe im missing something

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

Then why is accepting that evolution is a valid scientific theory any more an act of apostasy than accepting the germ theory of disease or the theory of gravity or quantum mechanics theories or anything else?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Then why is accepting that evolution is a valid scientific theory ... an act of apostasy?

I'm still waiting for the 7 word concrete defînition of who is God, in the thread I mentioned above - after everything will be clear.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Then why is accepting that evolution is a valid scientific theory ... an act of apostasy?

I'm still waiting for the 7 word concrete defînition of who is God, in the thread I mentioned above - after everything will be clear.

I can't even imagine what sort of answer you are looking for, and in all honesty I am not particularly intereted in playing riddle games. Obviously no one else is either. How's this

"God is that which is never ending"
Now, if thats wrong, which it probably is, can you just answer the questions and be less 'cryptic'? I suppose you enjoy being 'mysterious'.

new topics

top topics

join