It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Corbett totally destroys the LIE that Soleimani was responsible for 600 American deaths

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

We were there to enforce the profits of the military industrial complex and play chess with Russia.

Yeah, Saddam Hussein believed Putin would "save" Iraq from the US invasion... he was sorely mistaken same as you. When the US began the war Russia's economy was still in tatters from the collapse of the USSR. They weren't in a position to play tiddly winks, let alone chess. When Iraq failed to comply with UN Security Council Resolution 1441, the 11th resolution specifically aimed at Iraqi compliance with weapons inspectors and disarmament of Iraq of which Iraq had directly violated the preceding 10, it was Last Chance Saloon. The UN may have wanted to give them just one last last chance, but considering the US was the military that was going to cover the UN's ass one way or the other, it was legitimate for the US to say enough is enough and finally enforce the Security Council's resolution when Hussein ejected weapons inspectors from Iraq.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wasn't on Saddams side.
Why do you believe I side with them?

I'm a Constitutionalist and an American Patriot that questions govt.

I also am against fools tarnishing our reputation and sacrificing the lives of my friends by declaring wars on countries like Iraq for reasons that turned out to all be bs.

And I have a duty to question a war with Iran too. Too bad everyone wants to censor and ban ppl for that...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We were there to enforce the profits of the military industrial complex and play chess with Russia.

Yeah, Saddam Hussein believed Putin would "save" Iraq from the US invasion... he was sorely mistaken same as you. When the US began the war Russia's economy was still in tatters from the collapse of the USSR. They weren't in a position to play tiddly winks, let alone chess. When Iraq failed to comply with UN Security Council Resolution 1441, the 11th resolution specifically aimed at Iraqi compliance with weapons inspectors and disarmament of Iraq of which Iraq had directly violated the preceding 10, it was Last Chance Saloon. The UN may have wanted to give them just one last last chance, but considering the US was the military that was going to cover the UN's ass one way or the other, it was legitimate for the US to say enough is enough and finally enforce the Security Council's resolution when Hussein ejected weapons inspectors from Iraq.

Damn, that's a helluva truth hammer. That is really gonna hurt some feelings in here. You mean the war wasn't for the sole purpose of making Dick Cheney rich?

ETA: As long as you're remembering Saddam's strategic blunders, remember this is a guy that thought the world would just accept the fact that he invaded Kuwait. And when we did attack him for it, he sent all his best planes to Iran so we didn't destroy them. Nevermind that he had just spent 8 years at war with Iran, gassing them to death by the thousands, and thought they would just return them all after the US was done with him.

Occasionally you'll see someone talking about him almost with admiration, like he was this brilliant leader because he was able to keep Iraq "stable."

edit on 14 1 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm curious. Do you really believe it is a winning strategy for Democrats to "un-tarnish" the reputation of this guy? Is that what will turn out on-the-fence working Dems with good 401ks and investment accounts. Do independents care about this more than, I dunno, just about anything else?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I'm curious. Do you really believe it is a winning strategy for Democrats to "un-tarnish" the reputation of this guy? Is that what will turn out on-the-fence working Dems with good 401ks and investment accounts. Do independents care about this more than, I dunno, just about anything else?

They really haven't thought the election through to anything close to that depth. It's pretty much just "Vote for us or you're a racist, and possibly a Russian bot." Defending terrorists shouldn't put you off voting for them if you're really not a racist and not a Russian bot, ya know?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

declaring wars on countries like Iraq for reasons that turned out to all be bs.

Check out the first link in my sig.

It's amazing that almost 20 years later there's still people that don't know Iraq had WMD. Thanks media, great job keeping people informed.
edit on 14 1 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow. Iraq wasn’t Iran’s enemy in the Middle East. We were. We paid and armed saddam with the weapons and chemicals to attack Iran. Specifically so he could attack Iran. At the same time we were giving Iran weapons in order to fund the contras.

And we had promised saddam our approval for his attack on Kuwait. And like we’ve done to so many others, we then stabbed him in the back. Not that it was undeserved for him, but it’s another sure sign of America’s character.

And sure, Iraq has wmd, if you change the definition like they did. When they were pushing for the war they never said anything about chemical weapons, which we gave them btw. It was all about nuclear weapons. They were not vague on this in the slightest. What, are you five or something, that you don’t remember that propaganda campaign clearly? We never heard about “chemical bombs” it was all mushroom clouds.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Thanks for the link.

Here's a link I feel is also worth sharing:
PNAC

All the sections are very interesting, too bad there isn't more coverage of the topics of 1990s geopolitics.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

I saw videos of them inspecting chem weapons sites in Iraq (circa early 90s) and there were flags of US, USSR, UK, etc.

So I think it's true the security council powers sold tons in weapons contracts, making war seem like the thing to do so a macho guy like Saddam couldn't resist actually using his vast arsenals and divisions.

The reason we knew Saddam had wmds is because we (world powers) sold him those wmds. But the argument, as I remember it at least, was they believed most if not all of that was destroyed by mid 90s.

Anyways that's besides the underlying overall point that it was our flawed foreign policy (do as I say not as I do) that led to this problem really evolving into this train wreck to begin with.

US v USSR chess created Saddam into a significant military threat by us hooking him up with jets n tanks n ballistic weapons etc etc...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Please work on your reading skills... between your bizarre definition of censorship and attacking and now trying to suggest me saying you are just as sorely mistaken as Hussein was constitutes me saying you "sided with Saddam," I find it increasingly difficult to take you seriously here.

I also have to say that I am alarmed at how many self declared "Constitutionalists" seem to know Jack all about the actual document and meaning behind it... oh well, Barack Obama was a self declared "Constitutional scholar" and we all saw how that turned out. :rolleyes:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

TBH, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders at times; if they're trying to get trump re-elected. If there is some master plan they're all in on and it's all an act to get to a second term. But then I think, they've undone most of what they had accomplished during the 8 years of obama and obama hates trump, so it's just a bridge too far. But their over the top hatred makes it almost appear intentional at times.
edit on 14-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Wow. Just wow. Iraq wasn’t Iran’s enemy in the Middle East. We were. We paid and armed saddam with the weapons and chemicals to attack Iran. Specifically so he could attack Iran. At the same time we were giving Iran weapons in order to fund the contras.

And we had promised saddam our approval for his attack on Kuwait. And like we’ve done to so many others, we then stabbed him in the back. Not that it was undeserved for him, but it’s another sure sign of America’s character.

And sure, Iraq has wmd, if you change the definition like they did. When they were pushing for the war they never said anything about chemical weapons, which we gave them btw. It was all about nuclear weapons. They were not vague on this in the slightest. What, are you five or something, that you don’t remember that propaganda campaign clearly? We never heard about “chemical bombs” it was all mushroom clouds.

Not sure where you get your history from but its entirely wrong.

1st saddam was specifically earned not to attack Kuwait not only by the US but most of the middle east. He wanted their oil reserves and used the excuse they used to be part of persia of course most of the middle east was.

Next wmds they said they were chemical. Even had shown vans that were chemical labs to produce nerve agents. No one thought he had nuclear weapons even though he tried to convince others he did. Most of the chemical agents were buried in the desert. Though some was shipped into syria.

By the way when I was in Iraq they would all the time tell us about chemical weapons stashes in iraq. Even the Iraqis knew they were there. He killed 5000 kurds through a gas attack. This is why he became such a threat he was willing to use chemical weapons. Lets just say this made his neighbors very nervous.

One of the biggest finds was 2,400 nerve-agent rockets unearthed in 2006 at a former Republican Guard compound. Us troops were specifically told to hide the fact that we were finding chemical weapons. At the time we believed this was an attempt to keep others from trying to aquire them. There were several groups actively seeking military hardware in Iraq. Last thing you need is terrorists finding a nerve agent stash.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Im going to flat out call you a liar. You were not in Iraq. If you had been you would have known iraqis. And you would have seen why we were there. I strongly suggest go online their are statements by Iraqis that wanted US soldiers there. The moment they were attacked they came running to us for protection. Listen to the stories they told about sadam murdering their families.

He terrorized the entire country unless you were an alawite that is. His sons were even worse truly brutal.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

But you just discredited yourself, there is no war iran,. Just like there is no war with N Korea like the fakenews left-wing media says. If Trump wanted war he would have retaliated from Iran's attacks using the money Obama gave them. Too bad Trump is ten steps ahead, so everything the left predicted turned out to be phony, fake, and false, and lefties like you continue to be wrong repeating their nonsense.

Do you ever listen to yourself or did Trump Derangement Syndrome clouded your logic and judgement??
edit on 15-1-2020 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I didn’t “get my history”. I lived through that time and paid attention. I wasn’t in Iraq. But I was in the military at that time.

Saddam was our pet dog in the Middle East prior to the first Iraq war. We wanted him to fight Iran, and had promised him that after it was done we would support his claim to the oil fields that Iraq and Kuwait both claimed ownership of.

And to be clear, most of this discussion is about the second invasion of Iraq. On every news channel you could hear “don’t let the smoking gun be a mushroom cloud in California/New York/etc”. And there was constant talk about yellow cake coming from Africa. It was the saddest, most blatant display of propaganda and bs. And only after, when it was prove there was no nuclear program, did they finally say, “oh, btw, wmd can mean chemical weapons too, so there WAS wmd!” It was all such bs.

Now, I know saddam and his kids were horrible brutal scum bags. Just the type that we love to put into power. Which is exactly what we did. So, what, we went to save the Iraqis from the man we helped brutalize them and Iran for years?? I know what happened in falujah too. I’m guessing they weren’t grateful for that.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

All the insults and anger directed towards you, and not one person has any evidence of this man being responsible for 600 American deaths. No one can refute your OP. They just lap up the government position.

Yeah the whole questioning the government thing died on ATS when a reality show star became President.

Why does the exact amount of American deaths matter? He's killed Americans, that is a FACT.

You and Willtell are literally sticking up for terrorists. It's INSANE.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12

But you just discredited yourself, there is no war iran,. Just like there is no war with N Korea like the fakenews left-wing media says. If Trump wanted war he would have retaliated from Iran's attacks using the money Obama gave them. Too bad Trump is ten steps ahead, so everything the left predicted turned out to be phony, fake, and false, and lefties like you continue to be wrong repeating their nonsense.

Do you ever listen to yourself or did Trump Derangement Syndrome clouded your logic and judgement??

I beg to differ Trump is someone that flys by the seat of his pants. There is no grand plan from him. He has no foreign policy at all. And everything he does is reacting to something the other country does.

Now having said that so far things look good for him but don't pretend he has a plan.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

originally posted by: underwerks

All the insults and anger directed towards you, and not one person has any evidence of this man being responsible for 600 American deaths. No one can refute your OP. They just lap up the government position.

Yeah the whole questioning the government thing died on ATS when a reality show star became President.

Why does the exact amount of American deaths matter? He's killed Americans, that is a FACT.

You and Willtell are literally sticking up for terrorists. It's INSANE.

So, according to you, as clearly stated, anyone who kills Americans is a terrorist. That kind of thinking is a problem. As to us, we’re not supporting terrorists. We’re pointing out that the us presence there is no more legitimate than Iran’s. Far less, in fact. Pointing out facts doesn’t mean we “support terrorism”. It merely means we recognize the truth that there is little difference between combatants on one side of a war or another, and that just because they come from our nation, that doesn’t automatically grant them legitimacy. To think that way is clearly irrational. I expect you think the Vietcong were terrorists as well? We acted the same way about them.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: pexx421

Not sure where you get your history from but its entirely wrong.

1st saddam was specifically earned not to attack Kuwait not only by the US but most of the middle east. He wanted their oil reserves and used the excuse they used to be part of persia of course most of the middle east was.

Next wmds they said they were chemical. Even had shown vans that were chemical labs to produce nerve agents. No one thought he had nuclear weapons even though he tried to convince others he did. Most of the chemical agents were buried in the desert. Though some was shipped into syria.

By the way when I was in Iraq they would all the time tell us about chemical weapons stashes in iraq. Even the Iraqis knew they were there. He killed 5000 kurds through a gas attack. This is why he became such a threat he was willing to use chemical weapons. Lets just say this made his neighbors very nervous.

One of the biggest finds was 2,400 nerve-agent rockets unearthed in 2006 at a former Republican Guard compound. Us troops were specifically told to hide the fact that we were finding chemical weapons. At the time we believed this was an attempt to keep others from trying to aquire them. There were several groups actively seeking military hardware in Iraq. Last thing you need is terrorists finding a nerve agent stash.

This should be reposted in every thread that mentions the Iraq War. It's crazy how many people today still have no idea we did find his chemical weapons. We knew he had them because he used them multiple times, on Iran, on his own people, and threatened to use them on us. Iraq did have a nuclear program in the 80s but luckily Israel took care of that.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You’re not getting it. It was clearly sold as nuclear weapons. I remember all the news then. Do you? No one even ONCE mentioned chemical weapons in the lead up to the attack. Y’all are really buying into the rewritten history. Of course they had chemical weapons. We gave them to Iraq. We had no problem with the chemical weapons for the decade or two prior to the war. It was all a farce, and apparently you all bought it. Strange for people on a site dedicated to questioning official stories and denying ignorance.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join