It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

knee problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So I had to pull out of my last two Pt tests because during the run it started to feel like someone was trying to find the break point for a tendon on the inside of my knee, also after each time I pushed it and got that feeling I spent most of the next week icing my knee to control swelling in the evening.

after a couple months of fighting my insurance company I got an MRI done... and the result is negative everything is good....

What the piss, then why do I need Ibuprofen in the morning and ice in the evening if there isn't a problem, FFS... I do not want to have my knee scoped, I guess at this point I will still get sent to an Orthopedic surgeon and hopefully he/she can figure it out.

On the side now I will look like a giant lazy POS to my squadron, the knee discomfort was real, the swelling was certainly real but they wont care all they give a piss about is are you red in the slides for the meetings.

I need a drink...
edit on 10-1-2020 by Irishhaf because: Spelling is hard

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Been there.

They're looking for structural damage, while your body is telling you that it's not strong enough in this area to continue with this particular routine, or there may be structural damage.

Typical catch 22. Trust your gut and don't push yourself to prove that there's structural damage. Take care of yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sounds like what I get when I kneel and sit on my legs, I think I tear my kneecap loose and it gets really sore, especially in the inside of the knee in the front. If it is just that, just eat some jello or make some good homemade soup out of soup bones, and try not to put pressure on the knee cap. When I do that, my knee cap is looser, that is why I think it is the knee cap. I did that many years ago and that is what the doctor told me it was.

Prescription...a bowl of jello a day for two weeks, it also speeds bone healing. Or just go to a healthfood store and buy some of that bone collagen power, preferrably from grass fed organic beef. Put some in smoothies, lest glyphosate residue in the organic stuff. Glyphosate is glycine bound to an organic phosphate and that glyphosate forms weaker joints. The antidote is actually to take the amino acid glycine, just make sure it is not derived from products full of the glyphosate. The glycine will actually replace the bad glycine in the body from what I have read. The bond created by glyphosate is weaker than the bond by glycine.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
420 cbd and glycerin tincture is just what the Dr. ordered for my old joints. If you have to take a peetest for your clearance, best leave it alone.
edit on 10-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
420 cbd and glycerin tincture is just what the Dr. ordered for my old joints. If you have to take a peetest for your clearance, best leave it alone.

Isn't that the most absurd thing though? A fricken doctor prescribes it ( If indeed he is a real doctor
) but a drug test can still land you in strife, because dat weedz is terrible and you a bad person if you take it.

Yet all over the place people are given codeine (which is converted into morphine in the liver) and morphine sulphate for severe pain, yet no one bats an eye lid that they may have been using opioids at the request of a doctor.

Actually even codeine here is completely prescription now, cannot even buy the old style panadeines that had 8mg along with 500mg paracetamol.

What once was over the counter, is now countered by a doctor unwilling to prescribe even small amounts of such things to people like me, despite chronic back pain... ahh well, there is always alcohol.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

Former NCAA Div I athlete here, weed is the least of your worries. Half the OTC aisle will bench you even with a doctor's prescription.

To the OP:

Doesn't have to be structural damage to cause that kind of problem. It may be uneven use causing weary and tear as you age. It might be something a good ortho and PT can help with -- a matter of retraining and correcting things that have been working in wrong ways.

edit on 10-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
take glucosamine. your joints need it to be healthy.
I've had two knee surgeries in the last 8 years.
I still snowboard 3 to 4 times a week and my knees feel great.

Also go to yoga. yoga has definitely helped my entire body.

It sounds like you sprained your knee. If you go from hot to cold and back and forth on your knee it will help the blood flow.

But i can't stress taking glucosamine enough. Most of my skier and snowboard friends take it as a supplement and swear by it.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

Isn't that the most absurd thing though? A fricken doctor prescribes it ( If indeed he is a real doctor ) but a drug test can still land you in strife, because dat weedz is terrible and you a bad person if you take it.

Medical 420 dispensaries are all over the place here in the land of Enchantment. $3o and a Dr. visit will get you a state med. and grow card to keep you out of the strife zone. I was very skeptical of the cbd/thc hype until I tried the edible path. I was wrong! Being able to sleep well pain free will allow your body to heal. Micro dosing is the ticket; no need to get baked to enjoy the benefits of living stress/pain free. All sorts of medical delivery systems from tinctures, cookies, gummies, suppositories, roll on, salves, sprays, vapes, capsules, Rick Simpson oil, and the flower. My lady favors the epidermal lotions for her aches and pains. On 2 4 1 Fridays the senior citizens line is around the block.

I doubt if anyone in the entire state can pass a drug test.

edit on 10-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I find the typical supplements for joints to be very helpful. The pain goes away. If I don't take any for a while, the pain returns. Glucosamine, chondritin sp? etc. There are other related to such and I haven't rated them, per se. Such info is probably available on the net.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I went through the same thing. I had a torn meniscus, my Dr had me do physical therapy, which made it worse. Luckily for me, one of the therapists there worked for an orthopedic surgeon and I got an appt.

After the surgery, my surgeon told me it was worse than he initially thought.

Don’t let them poo poo you; in the meantime maybe get a knee compression brace to maybe help
Ease the pain.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Might be your shoes, look at supportive insoles.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
well I have an appt with a neuro surgeon in feburary (flight doc for the group), and I am still waiting on an ortho appointment.

I do have some questions for the Neuro surgeon, my wife was given a surprisingly high disability rating based on her back problems lead to knee and ankle problems, so that will certainly be one of my questions.

I have tried dialing back my exercise and still wind up with soreness and swelling so Physical therapy will be interesting if that occurs.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Physical therapy isn't all exercise. You just need to make sure you get in with a good group.

When I go for mine, some is active work, some is passive. It depends on which muscle groups and ranges of motion we're working, how I'm sore, how my shoulder reacted to the previous sessions, etc.

They may be able to isolate what structures are causing the issue and have you strengthen and correct your movement to stop the irritation.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just had an appointment with a neurologist and he feels it's my herniated disk has deteriorated and is now compressing the nerve bundle at the L3 which may be leading to neurological damage.

So the next step is fight my insurance for x-rays, and MRI so we can get a treatment program that can help keep me out of a wheelchair eventually.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Just had an appointment with a neurologist and he feels it's my herniated disk has deteriorated and is now compressing the nerve bundle at the L3 which may be leading to neurological damage.

So the next step is fight my insurance for x-rays, and MRI so we can get a treatment program that can help keep me out of a wheelchair eventually.

Wishing you a quick recovery, and a no problem insurance fiasco.

join