It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Resistance" proof that both sides aren't equal.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The common tactic lately has been when the left is pushed into a corner and they have no way out of looking bad, they just use the excuse " well, your side is just as bad" and somehow that justifies whatever action was wrong in the first place. And in most cases, that is true in the big scope of things. But there is one steaming turd that the left just can't polish.

The Resistance. This is a group where but hurt individuals decided that the democratic system that we have used for hundreds of years failed them, due to them not getting their way. So rather than regroup, and come up with a winning strategy and message, they decided to do everything in their power to undermine, damage, and distract the current administration. It's not some underground movement, it's done in plain sight, and cheered on by the majority of the left. The largest tool in the box is the MSM. It's used to only offer bad news about the administration, and also used to undermine events to paint them all as bad and mistakes.

Sadly, the leaders of this group are really stupid. So when any group is led by dumb asses, it's likely that the results will be laughably stupid as well. And not to disappoint, you have the outcome of the movement being displayed daily. With all the crying, all the tantrums, all the negative news, there are nothing but positive results popping up. Strong economy, like really strong. Low unemployment, like super low. No new wars (still remains to be seen with current situations). And all this from an orange fellow with bad hair and a superiority complex. It remains to be seen if the trend will continue, but as it looks, the future is so bright, we all need some shades.

But here is the kicker. The opposition holds the opinion that Trump is an egotistical blowhard, who tweets stupid things and pics fights with insignificant idiots at times, and inappropriate parties at others. They hate him because the MSM tells them to. Years ago, when Trump was just a rich guy with a TV show, everyone tolerated him and went on their way. But now that he's president, he must be stopped! It's like they just aren't smart enough to realize that he's the same guy he's always been, and even his base knows who and what he is. In arguments it's rarely if ever argued that Trump isn't the things folks say about him. But the hate has gotten so strong that when Trump is patriotic, the resistance is against that. Patriotism is now a bad thing. Trump doesn't want a war, so he's weak. We should go to war. Then he pops a terrorist, and everyone is against him for being a war hawk. It's the kind of thing that when it's looked back on, retardation will be the likely excuse, as no other explanation seems to exist.

So remember, both sides aren't the same. One side is against the constitutional process, against being proud of your nation, and against democracy. The other are conservatives. I'm sure the right has it in them to be equally as bad at some point in the future, but it will take some very significant changes for that to happen. resist on ladies, your tantrums are entertaining.
edit on 10-1-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I've always found it funny that they call themselves the "resistance" but yet are actually the entrenched establishment.

They literally are the reason for our problems today, but have to "resist" America doing better.

S&F...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I've always found it funny that they call themselves the "resistance" but yet are actually the entrenched establishment.

They literally are the reason for our problems today, but have to "resist" America doing better.

S&F...

If this administration is fascist I'd hate to see what they'd call Obama's admin if they knew the extent of malice and retribution brought against journalists at the time. Just look at all of these leaks from Trump's administration and how many have been prosecuted for leaks. Next take a peak at what Obama did to journalists during his administration, yet I'm supposed to believe the current administration is fascist?
edit on 10-1-2020 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a friends friend, a minority (like myself) is now 'racist' in reaction to the media. his revenge plan? hook up with just white girls lol. no joke, thats one of his concepts.

but he was not racist 10 years ago, only now does he hate 'white men' because of all the garbage he sees on tv.

i tell everyone, turn off the newz, but they read huffposst, and think they are enlightened.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

This exactly! "The Resistance" are the ones who want to put things back the way they were. F*kn hilarious.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

S&F...

these are the people defending Comey, McCabe, Brennen, and other corrupt deep state asshats. Almost like they are so stupid they believe that Trump is worth illegal spying, but these folks would be above board in all other actions, so it's all good, you know, for the cause. BAMN. Bwahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The resistance movement started by calling out the deeply entrenched classic democrats, Chris hedges was one of the first prominent journalists and writers to bring a lot of the 'establishment' to light, focusing on the botched plans for America to bring "democracy", to the "Free world".

But of course, in today's political climate, when such journalists start calling out republicans it's a big deal... go figure.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They’re not called the “lunatic left” for no reason.

They are just silly individuals whining mostly about things that don’t affect them either way.
edit on 10-1-2020 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Is this about Aoc trying to create more people like herself in the Democratic party? www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think the resistance are mostly idiot politicians wasting money for trying to remove an elected president in circumstances they know they won't succeed. They could be drafting meaningful legislation (most of which I likely wouldnt agree with because them and I have different definitions of meaningful).

That said, the Republicans did the same thing with Clinton, whom I also didnt like, because spoiler alert, I haven't liked one yet. But he was still elected fair and square.

I still don't see the republican party really trying to do much that I get excited about. They are for some people, and that's great... I'm glad some people are truly happy with the "attempts".

If someone starts doing a good job (IMO, which many if not most would disagree with), I'll acknowledge it and give them props. I won't hold my breath though. I want endless wars done, debt addressed, and the power for people to be indiscriminately spied on to end... In that order. After that, I'm all for more discussion on what's next.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

if you are for a larger, more controlling government, higher taxes, fewer freedoms, then you are not part of the "resistance".

You ARE the problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

if you are for a larger[/ex]]
True.

more controlling government,

True... But the right is very controlling too. Look at the patriot act, war on drugs, infatuation with creating stricter laws and keeping a high incarceration rate.

fewer freedoms

See above.

You ARE the problem.

One party is status quo, the other is a little worse.
edit on 10-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't care what banner your flag is flying, if you're anti-freedom, you're a suckass dick.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

What new freedoms are the right really trying to get us?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

None.

But they are stopping some in the government trying to remove our 2nd Amendment rights and infringing on our 1st Amendment rights.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

None.

But they are stopping some in the government trying to remove our 2nd Amendment rights and infringing on our 1st Amendment rights.

Patriot act wasn't a very nice way of them helping to keep the government from infringing on the 1st.

Both sides are trying to get Assange. If he isn't protected by our first, why can we apply espionage act on him?

The right is filled with people who commit death to rights by a thousand cuts. I'll admit they're doing it slower than the left... But just saying the left sucks more doesn't make them my hero.

Just my take.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They took so many away already, I'm guessing..none!!

People are too wrapped up in ideology and tribalism (mostly tribalism) to be objective

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They took so many away already, I'm guessing..none!!

People are too wrapped up in ideology and tribalism (mostly tribalism) to be objective

The two parties secretly need each other to present the ruse "they're saving us".

Every admin in my life has made it worse. Trump hasn't made anything better (IMO), just keeping things at a stand still. I do think he is a little unpredictable though, so that may change. Maybe he'll surprise me, and I'd be glad if he did.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The left wants to take away rights.

The right wants to take away rights.

The government wants to take away rights.

Why?

Because the Constitution was written to limit the size, control, and scope of government.

We, the people, have been and will always be at odds with "government" because the foremost goal of government is to feed and grow government.

I'm on the side of the Constitution. Always have, always will be.

Can't go wrong when you're arguing on the side of the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
People need to start thinking 3rd party.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join