It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who lick the bottom of Trumps boot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I read a very good book recently on American style Fascism which has been on the rise:

American Nightmare: Facing the Challenge of Fascism by Henry A. Giroux

Giroux makes some very succinct observations with regards to American style Fascism in this video interview if you not capable of reading books:

Finding Joy Amidst Fascism & Violence | Russell Brand, Henry Giroux & Brad Evans

There is a big difference between people right and people on the left. People on the right want to worship a STRONG leader. Contrary to the projections of the people on the right the left has no leaders. Everyone on the left is equal. With no one in charge it takes forever to get anything done. This is because what gets done needs to be argue about and compromised about until everyone doesn't like the resulting policy that is decided.

As I said, there is no leadership on the left. It's just chaos. This is why I find it so amusing when people on the right make criticisms of AOC or Nancy Pelosi as if the people on the left are like the people on the right. People on the left really do not care who is charge as long as policy decisions match the left wing agenda or represents it in some way.

I find people on the right to more narrow minded. They don't just chose a leader. They idolize and worship a leader as if the leader were God on Earth. I am amazed by every mistake Trump makes and people who support Trump never say anything bad about Trump. Trump could be throwing babies up in the air and catching them on a bayonet and still these Trump supporters would be licking Trump's boot.

Take the foreign policy disaster of killing General Salami. It was an unbelievable act of recklessness by president Trump. It's just sheer luck and absolutely amazing we are not dropping bombs on Iran right now. The Iranian hardliners did an amazing job saving face without cause Trump to reduce Iran back to the stone age like what was done with Syria.

Yet in spite of this insanely reckless behavior Trump supporters not only do not criticize Trump but actually praise him for his reckless actions. It's just amazing. I was a big Clinton supporter but when he lied under oath about having sex with Monica I thought the Republicans were justified in impeaching Bill. I would hope we can agree people on both sides of the aisle need to hold politicians accountable for their dumb or illegal actions.

But not the Trump supporters. There's nothing but boot licking. Hey, maybe I'm completely wrong and Trump is some kind foreign policy genius. The whole killing of General Salami was some kind of 3D chess move where the Iraqi parliament is now providing Trump political cover to end the endless war in the Middle East and withdraw all the US troops out of Iraq:

Al Jazeera: Iraqi parliament calls for expulsion of foreign troops

"Iraq's parliament has passed a resolution calling on the government to expel foreign troops from the country as Iran-US tensions escalate following the killing of a top Iranian military commander and Iraqi armed group leader in a US strike in Baghdad."

The way I see if the Iraqis don't want us in their country then it's time for us to leave!

I will say here publicly right now if Trump is somehow successful in ending the endless war and withdrawing US troops from Iraqi that I will public announce my support for Trump and vote for him in 2020. Besides ending the endless war I would do the same if he made Medicare for all available to people under 65. Those are the two issues that would get my vote.

I know many of you on ATS hate me and my opinions. All I ask is please keep it civil by keeping me out of it and just criticize my opinion or what I am saying. I find ad hominem attacks to be incredibly boring and predictable. If you respect me I will respect you but you can roast anything I am saying. Deal?

edit on 10-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+92 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I see this entire post as projection from the left and yourself.

Conservatives are not into worshipping figures of power like those on the left do.

See Obama's worship by his base as a good example.

No, in my experience conservatives want someone in charge that can get things done so that they don't have to worry about what the government is doing.

They by no means "worship" someone like that.

As far as the right being fascists, the exact opposite is true.

So projection yet again.

+43 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Look in the mirror OP.
It's what you do for the left.
Pot, meet kettle.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I disagree. Republicans and right wingers want STRONG leadership. It's Trump's way or the highway. Compromising with Democrats is a sign of weakness. True or false?

If you think it's false give me one example where Trump has ever admitted he was wrong or has compromised on an issue.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

the current situation is in it's infancy. The results will take time to be cleared up. So anyone making claims either way are misguided. (IMHO)

But with regard to the "boot licking", it likely appears that way due to the constant barrage of angry hatred towards him. Newton explained it, yet most just aren't smart enough to realize it. (equal and opposite reaction) If Trump was treated like any other president in history, I suspect that there would be plenty of room for discussion on his failures even from his base. He has had a few. But guzzling gallons of hatoraid just isn't making that a possibility.

For the sake of the nation I reside in and am not ashamed to be proud of, I would like very much for your wishes to come true, aside from having me pay for someone else's health care. I feel certain that if we were to round up some smart folk from both sides and ask them both to put away their partisan daggers for a bit, we could come up with something that makes everyone happy.
edit on 10-1-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Look in the mirror OP.
It's what you do for the left.
Pot, meet kettle.

This mirror argument is very lame. I can't count the times I've heard people criticize the left as having no backbone and compromising too much. All the left does is fold under pressure and compromise.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I've never heard a Trump supporter ever say anything bad or just disliked about Trump. Please give me an example. I don't think Trump supporters are capable of criticizing "dear leader".

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I disagree. Republicans and right wingers want STRONG leadership. It's Trump's way or the highway. Compromising with Democrats is a sign of weakness. True or false?

If you think it's false give me one example where Trump has ever admitted he was wrong or has compromised on an issue.

bump stocks. Stupid, but fits your question.

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

TDS is extremely strong in you, go see a vet asap!

+24 more 
link   

There's nothing but boot licking.

All I ask is please keep it civil

Thanks for the Friday laugh!
It is appreciated!

+8 more 
link   

If you look back at my threads, you may be able to see a couple. But you won't admit to being wrong. Surprise me.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I've never heard a Trump supporter ever say anything bad or just disliked about Trump. Please give me an example. I don't think Trump supporters are capable of criticizing "dear leader".

Your eyes must just refuse to see all the many times I and others here have said he's a dick.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For whatever its worth, asking folks to remain polite in a thread you named "People who lick the bottom of Trumps boot" seems like an act of futility and hypocrisy.

That said, in your OP my only disagreement that I have time to mention is that the "left" had Obama as a strong leader. He exerted enormous control over government, and prosecuted anyone that leaked information about his government to the fullest extent possible. He was no less insecure as Donald Trump in reality, although he maintained a veneer of being different. Still, if you spray paint a turd gold, it is still a turd. Just one thats been spray painted gold.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Republicans want a strong leadership, true.

Democrats want a mother and father figure... an all-powerful government to take care of them.

Two entirely different things.

As far as Trump not compromising on an issue, there are so many examples it's laughable that you would even bring it up.

A good example was the Dreamer fiasco...democrats wanted a certain figure, Trump came back giving them twice what they asked for.

What did Democrats do?

Refuse the offer and stomp off like children because if they took the deal, Trump would have looked good.

Cut off their nose to spite their face...

edit on 10-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The President says he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize over the winner , Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.

"as long as we know that's all that matters"

He's the Pied Piper but Cult45 will never see it , they're to busy dancing to the music.
edit on 10-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Hey, maybe I'm completely wrong

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

As I recall, Trump gave them a horse trade: you have the DREAMERS; I want the wall *and* end chain migration.

I suspect it was the chain migration that ended it. DREAMERS have illegal relatives and are the anchors.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What about those who lick Soleimani’s boot?

There are just as many people who Vilify Trump as idolize him. To some he is God and the hero to others he is Satan and the villain.
He is just a man as fallible as you and me.

He isn’t however nearly as flawed in my opinion as the media would prefer us to believe.

edit on 10-1-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just like St. Greta deserved it over that guy, amirite? And the press actually spent time whining over how badly they treated "poor" Greta ...

Besides, most people only know what the MSM tells them, so we know Greta deserved that award. How Dare They! The world will end before she gets another chance ...

edit on 10-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Here you go.
Wanna retract your statement now?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join