It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK computer retailer forced to pull ad because the three people in it were men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Did a small stint as a commercial photographer. Can confirm. Thought it was funny they wanted my "creative vision" (their words, not mine), but then gave me a small book of rules for the photo session.

One of my favorites was that the woman is permitted to have a seductive expressions, but men are not permitted to make seductive expressions or gestures.

This particular shoot was for a car product lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This ad has male and female with multiple races. See, the Chinese are sensitive to all

edit on 10-1-2020 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackOops

Shouldnt somebody sue the LGQBT for mispresenation of the 58 genders an their orientations....I only see five...

Not diverse an/or accurate enough for stupid like me.
edit on 10-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

And while history shouldn't be forgotten, we also need to move past it instead of loading that chip onto every successive generation's shoulders. You fought; your daughter doesn't need to.

You're a guy right?

You think my daughter and grand-daughter don't still have to fight for gender equality?

Obviously, from the subject of this thread - - they do.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It would have been fine of they had added the "Gamer" cam girls from twitch.. To reflect real life of course.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And while history shouldn't be forgotten, we also need to move past it instead of loading that chip onto every successive generation's shoulders. You fought; your daughter doesn't need to.

You're a guy right?

You think my daughter and grand-daughter don't still have to fight for gender equality?

I thought you were already in the process of trying to transition them.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Heh, now you're misgendering me.

I still don't get why other women feel so offended if they don't see the world revolve around them. So what this commercial didn't have Anita Sarkhesian in it ... none of that means you cannot use a computer for some reason. Obviously, if it did, you wouldn't be here talking to us would you?

I, on the other hand, take pride in not having to be shown that something is "safe" for fragile little ladies to use before I can hack it. I simply do it if I want to.
edit on 10-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I reckon the ad was designed to leverage the response, and has done a good job.

The Whiners served the advertisers purpose and have helped build brand awareness amongst the core demographic, which is 89.5% male aged 15 to 35.

As there were only 8 Whiners active in this case, the Advertising Standards in the UK could have seenbif any had a relationship withbthe brand, or its advertising agency.

I think we will see a wave of 'Whiner Bait' adverts, punching above the advertising budget.

The bad thing is because the Whiners trivialise 'equality', the stereotypes will be reinforced setting back the gains made in the last centuary.

Its all about manipulation.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

They could have at least had one woman in the ad... bringing the man doing the work a freshly made sandwich and reminding him that desert was waiting for him when the labor was done.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Honestly, this sort of stuff just shows how shallow and void of purpose so many people are these days... that they can't find nothing better to do but create fake problems and pretend to be morally outraged over them. Like young kids playing make-believe... but they're actually somehow in a position of power to annoy the hell out of us normal folk.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You're a guy right?

In which country are you in ?
Can you give any examples ?

Obviously, from the subject of this thread - - they do

How did an ad in the UK , portraying 3 men , affect you ?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

You're a guy right?

I thought you were already in the process of trying to transition them.

Truly dumb comment.

Of course, you think its a joke.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I still don't get why other women feel so offended if they don't see the world revolve around them. So what this commercial didn't have Anita Sarkhesian in it ... none of that means you cannot use a computer for some reason. Obviously, if it did, you wouldn't be here talking to us would you?

I, on the other hand, take pride in not having to be shown that something is "safe" for fragile little ladies to use before I can hack it. I simply do it if I want to.

I find it sad you don't see the issue.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"harmful gender stereotypes" , a phrase that makes my blood boil every time I hear it , this whole gender equality thing is going way above what should be considered acceptable and needs to be stopped.

There is an agenda at play.

Oh, I dunno - - as a 73 year old woman - - who lived in the pre-equality gender era - - I recognize the value of this in advertising (and other).

When I tell my 18 year old granddaughter what it was really like in the 50s/60s - - she's like "No Way!" Yes, Way!

History is so easily forgotten when it doesn't affect you personally.

And thus the need to occasionally revoke rights for us women, to ram home the damn point to be frigging grateful for what life is today, and to stop bitching like a stereotypical woman.

I used to be kidding about that dialing back womens' rights. Now I'm starting to believe it might actually be necessary to beat some sense into these idiots.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

He should have used the woman saying "Honey I can't find the any key..." and the man smiling, lovingly patting her shoulder and using his superior knowledge of a keyboard, resolved the problem is mere seconds.

I mean, there are no girls on the internet.... it's a trap.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: gortex

"harmful gender stereotypes" , a phrase that makes my blood boil every time I hear it , this whole gender equality thing is going way above what should be considered acceptable and needs to be stopped.

There is an agenda at play.

Oh, I dunno - - as a 73 year old woman - - who lived in the pre-equality gender era - - I recognize the value of this in advertising (and other).

When I tell my 18 year old granddaughter what it was really like in the 50s/60s - - she's like "No Way!" Yes, Way!

History is so easily forgotten when it doesn't affect you personally.

And thus the need to occasionally revoke rights for us women, to ram home the damn point to be frigging grateful for what life is today, and to stop bitching like a stereotypical woman.

I used to be kidding about that dialing back womens' rights. Now I'm starting to believe it might actually be necessary to beat some sense into these idiots.

I liked the burn the bra era... I still have some old photos of... things that 'perk' my interest..

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

No, what's truly sad is that in world where there are countries where women still truly are chattel, you think if a frickin' TV ad doesn't have a woman in it, it's a sinister subliminal message telling you that computers are not a woman's place rather than simply a business recognizing the truth - most of its customers are men.

I guess you'd be equally troubled by the beauty salon that doesn't feature a male client ... who identifies as male ...?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

No, what's truly sad is that in world where there are countries where women still truly are chattel, you think if a frickin' TV ad doesn't have a woman in it, it's a sinister subliminal message telling you that computers are not a woman's place rather than simply a business recognizing the truth - most of its customers are men.

I guess you'd be equally troubled by the beauty salon that doesn't feature a male client ... who identifies as male ...?

Well, of course - - let's measure gender equality by culture.

Oh, I'm sorry - - I can't want gender equality in my culture - - must judge it by somebody else's culture.

You don't have to go out of America to find male dominated religous cultures where women are treated as chattel.

I suppose you're aware of the work Mavis Leno has done for women's equality. I am, I've followed her work for years.

I guess she expects the world to revolve around her.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

How about banning soccer because they never let the guy in the wheelchair play goalie?

Rayciss!!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Sad story that.

Her brand of equality would have the human race dying out.

www.washingtonpost.com... ith-the-comedian/

“I would see a young woman who was very attractive, and a thousand times smarter, and she’s living in this little tenement hovel with her husband, Ralph, and then this Ed Norton, who has an even hotter wife,” Mavis told me. “These men spend all their time talking about what a drag the wives are and asking how can they get away from them. It’s perfectly obvious the women are the ones trapped.”

“I remember telling my mother when I was 7 or 8 that I was never going to get married or have children,” continued Mavis. “To me, this is the way women get caught.”

So, if we were all "liberated" and equal Mavis Leno style, there would be no more children at all. After all, that's how women get "trapped". It's a good thing she followed through on her promise though. There are no kids who have to know there mother thinks they're a trap or drag. Might explain why Jay has so many cars though ...

Sometimes, men do want to be fathers, even if they don't say anything. They can get "trapped" too.

As much as you don't always seem to consider men as equals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join