It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK computer retailer forced to pull ad because the three people in it were men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Respect to you Annee, you're a cool cat.

reply to: Annee

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I dunno, I watched the ad and saw three adult male hardcore PC gamers. Surely at least one (or all) are gay?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The obvious solution -- three identical robots.

Sadly, the UK of old is no more. Stay stoic, citizens. Rid yourselves of the royalty, the Muslim invasion, and the Parliamentary dolts who have led your countries so far astray.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well they are idiots for caving in...can we now see men in tampon commercials? What about special k cereal commercials who only show woman eating the cereal allowing them to take on the world? Apparently there is cereal for specific sexes..

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Well they are idiots for caving in...can we now see men in tampon commercials? What about special k cereal commercials who only show woman eating the cereal allowing them to take on the world? Apparently there is cereal for specific sexes..

Wouldn't that be "Special V" cereal?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I support sexual equality on merit , if you can do something then do it regardless of your gender but deciding what is or isn't a "harmful gender stereotype" and banning things because of those decisions goes further than sexual equality , genders are defined for a reason and sexual equality is about equality over sexuality.

I'm uncomfortable with faceless people sat in a room vetting what can or can't be seen or read by the public.

"Who watches the watchers?"

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The only thing I find harmful is how they didnt look like slobs that dont take care of themselves from being glued to a screen.

I'd call it false advertising, but hey, if trans gendered woman can identify as men, shouldnt the course of action be the same for the sake of equality sake since they are men now with a gun to the face, and should be treated like Dogs..which is what most feminists call em any ways(funny thing is, what would that make them).
edit on 10-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Way too many people assign import to "monkey see; monkey do". I'd think people would find that insulting.

I used to always look to do things that no one else was doing, boy or girl, because I *loved* being different.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everybody hates being called a monkey, but everyone wants to shag like one.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I support sexual equality on merit , if you can do something then do it regardless of your gender but deciding what is or isn't a "harmful gender stereotype" and banning things because of those decisions goes further than sexual equality , genders are defined for a reason and sexual equality is about equality over sexuality.

I'm uncomfortable with faceless people sat in a room vetting what can or can't be seen or read by the public.

"Who watches the watchers?"

I don't agree. I agree in premise, but not in reality.

It's pretty sad that gender equality (any equality actually) has to be forced - - but, that is how its been in reality.

I might be the only 70ish woman on this site (not sure, of course) - - that has actually watched and lived the fight for gender equality in real time - - for this era/gneration.

It has to be forced - - period!

The ad should definitely have included a woman. They can easily edit it to include a woman.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Did you just assume the genders of the actors in question?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Not only must someone be mentally unstable to complain about a private company making an ad featuring the demographics that make up the overwhelming majority of their customers, but this growing trend of being offended by and complaining about everything has gone past an occasional societal oddity to become something that is actually dangerous and harmful.

Did someone actually try to assume someone's gender identity by just looking at them, for shame. That could just as easily been all women.

Tit for tat I say...
edit on 10-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Are you seriously trying to make this about transgender?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

did tsa pat them down to make sure?
if not who knows?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

There are 58 Genders now with a few being trans, so what are you talking about? Are you suggesting that the humans in that commercial don't look female enough to be female? They needed to put in someone that looks real female like... lol

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

There are 58 Genders now with a few being trans, so what are you talking about? Are you suggesting that the humans in that commercial don't look female enough to be female? They needed to put in someone that looks real female like... lol

perhaps your definition of female is different than others?
possible?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The people who complained just assumed all the actors were men, just like you. Aren't we constantly being told we should never do that?

If the wokescolds complaining had been playing by PC rules, they should not have made the complaint. There's no way they could know without making assumptions that might have inadvertently misgendered someone. I do hope the body in question also cited them for wrongthink.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Honestly, Annee, I said your daughter didn't need to fight? I was wrong. Trans ideology is a threat to women.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

perhaps your definition of female is different than others?
possible?

Well it use to be two genders for most of my 60 years, but now I understand my mistake all these years and there are 58 and maybe 200 in a decade or two. I also learned lately you can not assume one's gender by looking at them, you need to ask them and then ask what pronoun would they like used.

What I find funny is we are now at the point that a commercial should be at the free reins to put anyone they want in a commercial with not a single person having any right to objections. A few years ago one could say there is not enough diversity, but that waters is so grey now that anyone anywhere can chose whatever diversity group they feel like for the day.

I might look like a white male. but today I'm self identifying as a black female....and I might go do a pregnancy test to boot.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wonder how the gays an the lesbians are going to handle this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join