It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Sues Rod Rosenstein for Illegally Spying on Her

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think most of us knew that Rod Rosenstein couldn't be trusted regardless of which side of the aisle you're on.

As most of you should know, Sharyl Attkisson used to be a reporter for CBS and did some great reporting on Obama administration scandals such as "Fast & Furious" as well as the "Benghazi" scandal. In 2011, our federal government was hacking Sharyl's computers and spying on her and her whole family. You can find more details in the link below...

In a comprehensive summary of the case at sharylattkisson.com, the reporter alleges that the intrusions began in 2011 while she was reporting at CBS on the massive government gunwalking scandal “Fast and Furious.” The government continued to spy on her computers while she was reporting on the Benghazi scandal.

sharylattkisson.com...-Latest

Past court hearing declared that Eric Holder had immunity from Sharyl's ongoing lawsuits and up until now, she was never able to determine who exactly within our government was responsible for managing this spy operation.

Besides Rod Rosenstein leading this spy operation on Sharyl, there are four other accomplices named in the lawsuit which are...

Besides Rosenstein, the other defendants named in the complaint are Shawn Henry, Sean Wesley Bridges, Robert Clarke, and Ryan White.

What should we know about these other federal government employees and defendants?

In 2010, then FBI Director Robert Mueller named Shawn Henry as the executive assistant director (EAD) of the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch (CCRSB).

Henry left the FBI in 2012 and now is president of CrowdStrike Services, the cybersecurity firm hired by Democratic National Committee to examine its computer network in 2016 after it had been hacked.

One of the other defendants is already serving time for other corrupt acts...

In 2015 and 2017, Bridges was convicted of corruption related to his government work, and is now serving a prison sentence.

and

White also worked as a contractor operating out of the Baltimore office under a group supervised by Rosenstein, according to the complaint.

In this capacity, White conducted work for the FBI, United States Secret Service, Drug Enforcement Administration and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, where he and others were ordered to illegally hack into computer systems, servers, emails and phones.

Apparently, Sharyl wasn't the only one that Rosenstein chose to pick on...

Attkisson alleges that “numerous other Americans” were also targeted by Rosenstein’s unit while he was the U.S. Attorney in Baltimore, Maryland.

I think all of this helps to explain Rosenstein's attempts at covering his own a$$ by kissing Trump's in the end, but he'll have to sing like a canary on the Obama administration to avoid lengthy prison time himself.

When Trump gets re-elected in November, he needs to spend considerable time re-evaluating his appointees and cleaning out his top cabinet who may have been complicit in the appointment of Rosenstein and others who need to be drained from the swamp.

The entire article excerpts were posted from this link, which also links to Sharyl Attkisson's website for more details and a copy of the lawsuit.

amgreatness.com...

edit on 10-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Half the government is dragging their heels letting these legal processes go forward.

I think letting criminals (like Rosenstein) spend their better years waiting to be prosecuted ... is a huge injustice for their victims.

Rosenstein should be locked up in solitary confinement until he decides he's ready for trial.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Unfortunately, this is true in every type of case. The justice system is slow. I personally watched our government take 7 years to bring down and sentence a white collar criminal I know.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Apparently lawsuits are the only way any justice will be done. The DOJ has been embarrassingly inept. Wray has been useless, making excuses for all the impropriety and illegality. Sue em all.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Apparently lawsuits are the only way any justice will be done.

Pitchforks and torches!! Hopefully we don't have to wait until 2024.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Here's a very helpful timeline Sheryl Attkisson put together a while back:

Obama-era Surveillance Timeline

It covers the period of January 2009 through October 2017. It's not complete -- for example, it does not include the "HAMMR" and Bill Montgomery.

But it's still a very valuable reference source.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Barack "0 SCANDALS" Obama hahahahahah

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Deetermined

Here's a very helpful timeline Sheryl Attkisson put together a while back:

Obama-era Surveillance Timeline

It covers the period of January 2009 through October 2017. It's not complete -- for example, it does not include the "HAMMR" and Bill Montgomery.

But it's still a very valuable reference source.

Even wrapping the whole timeline up into a simple graphic won't be enough to help the Obama sycophants understand that something improper occurred. They haven't been told by CNN or MSNBC that this happened, so they're incapable of believing it. It's not like they can look at your link and actually form a conclusion by themselves. Thinking for yourself isn't allowed over there.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Can't make anyone think...

But let's just hope Ms Attkisson can get this before a judge and jury. I'd rather it be heard in a courtroom than an echo chamber anyway!

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Gee....
Wouldn't one expect the news media to be blaring this story on effing foghorns?

I mean... the government was illegally spying on a reporter that was following a story.

I guess we see just how important it is for the media to protect the Obama Administration, even at the cost of one of their own colleagues.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Isn't that the truth? I just did a Google search on Sharyl and I only found two articles from the MSM about her computer hacking within the first 5 pages of searches. One was an article written by CBS back in 2013 and the other was a follow-up piece on her lawsuit by the Associated Press back in January 2019. If there are ANY main stream media websites reporting on this, Google is doing it's best to bury them.

It makes you want to shake your head and wonder why journalists would support such administrations.

edit on 10-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sharyl Attkisson seems to go after all injustices and improper government conduct, I do not mind when a person goes after all corruption without being politically polarized. But, she evidently has not made a difference because other media people are not going to get involved in taking down powerful corruption. Instead they are chasing what they know they can get away with, like siding with a political party instead of going after the bad guys that would sue their pants off.

Many people within the government are also fearful of going against some of these powerful figures. Only those who have something on these people can control them, I do not understand why Trump had this guy on his team, Maybe Trump believed he could control him but the Dems have way more on this guy than the Republicans do.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Isn't that the truth? I just did a Google search on Sharyl and I only found two articles from the MSM about her computer hacking within the first 5 pages of searches. One was an article written by CBS back in 2013 and the other was a follow-up piece on her lawsuit by the Associated Press back in January 2019. If there are ANY main stream media websites reporting on this, Google is doing it's best to bury them.

It makes you want to shake your head and wonder why journalists would support such administrations.

Simple. They don't really give a # about freedom of the press. They believe in state-run media like China and Russia have, as long as one of their gods like Obama is in charge. They dream of having that kind of control over what people think. Just ask them.
edit on 10 1 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Depends greatly upon the reporters identity...apparently.

Edward R. Murrow must be spinning in his grave...

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
DJT calling them out collectively as fake and specifying CNN or the BS NBC's, the spin doctors at ABC and CBS . When they cross the line and he focuses on them it does make people think for themselves. It is a process that appears to be bringing results in getting people talking and thinking about all the corruption. We all agree it is corrupt and the partisanship is the only problem. Dem's have won some battles but are totally losing the war now. RINO's are on their side in this. They need primary defeats this time. Enough of them too.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Half the government is dragging their heels letting these legal processes go forward.

I think letting criminals (like Rosenstein) spend their better years waiting to be prosecuted ... is a huge injustice for their victims.

Rosenstein should be locked up in solitary confinement until he decides he's ready for trial.

It's amazing that the house can impeach a President in a fraction of the time it takes those that illegally spied on US citizens to be brought to trial.

Inexcusable.

new topics

top topics

join