It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downed Ukrainian Plane By Iran Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Netanyahu, who has been desperately pushing for war against Iran for years, tried to false-flag Iran at the perfect moment.

There is a very nasty side to Netanyahu and Mossad, I wouldn't be surprised although we'd probably never know if this was the case

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
In a very surprise move the Iranians are allowing Western plane crash experts into the country to do the investigation.

That's not a surprise move. Iran has to involve...

1. Themselves as the crash happened in Iranian airspace. They would also lead the investigation.
2. Ukraine, because the plane belonged to them.
3. The US because that's where the plane was designed and manufactured.
4. France (I believe) because that's where the engines originated?
5. The countries whose nationals were killed. Apart from Iranians an awful lot of Canadians died.
6. The country where the plane was registered.

So, the crash investigation will involve a whole bunch of countries. The expectation is that Iran will run with the air accident investigation process, associated transparency and international involvement.

If the plane was shot down - as many suspect - then this may turn into a different type of investigation. A criminal investigation perhaps?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt
It seems that the plane did not have contact with the airport after takeoff. I have heard that their transponder was down. This would make the aircraft show as 'unidentified' to the crew operating the SAM missile system.
I have no proof of that, but it is rumored that this is the reason for the missile launch.

The plane went quite at about 4 minutes into the flight at 8000 feet while climbing to cruising altitude.
As a pilot I can state with some confidence, the pilot would have been talking to the tower on takeoff. Then on climb out he would change over to departure control. I can see absolutely no reason why the flight crew would turn off the transponder. Even if it was an uncontrolled airport he should have been squawking VFR.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

No reason to believe he did, but most air defense systems aren't reading Mode 3 transponders. They're looking for military codes. They don't have access to ATC to get the codes assigned to commercial aircraft.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
First of all, we did not attack Iran like they are trying to say, they bombed us, a response from us did not happen. That blows their excuse out of the water.

Some of those automated systems are put on and only require verification, someone would have pressed the wrong button. Or, maybe the government gave missiles to one of the terrorist groups they work with and they made the mistake. I am sure all the terrorist groups allied with Iran have access to some of these military weapons, after all they will be mobilized if war breaks out to do things that the government cannot do.

I do not think it was a mistake that a plane with so many Canadians on it was hit, I think it was a warning to other countries to stay out of backing the USA. The people running Iran are cutthroat killers who will do anything to protect their regime.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Netanyahu, who has been desperately pushing for war against Iran for years, tried to false-flag Iran at the perfect moment.

There is a very nasty side to Netanyahu and Mossad, I wouldn't be surprised although we'd probably never know if this was the case

There is a very nasty side to Scotland and Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised although we'd probably never know if this was the case

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

An attack on a government official is an attack on Iran, he could've been seized...

I think operating a SAM system is something you'd need training for and a very obvious piece of kit for a terrorist to be using. I'm not saying they wouldn't use a SAM system just that the it would seem a massive waste of expenditure, they're not exactly cheap pieces of kit.

I do not think it was a mistake that a plane with so many Canadians on it was hit, I think it was a warning to other countries to stay out of backing the USA. The people running Iran are cutthroat killers who will do anything to protect their regime.

Mistakes happen, who knows maybe it was sabotage. There's other ways to close their airspace too. Shooting down civilian planes is never a good look.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

There is a very nasty side to Scotland and Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised although we'd probably never know if this was the case

So you're saying Scottish and Irish operatives took out the plane? If I hear a funnier thing this year then it's going to be a fun one

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Trying to seize him would have resulted in quite a few dead and wounded. He may have been a government official, but he was also a uniformed soldier in a combat zone, who had ordered attacks on US troops and equipment. In the same situation the CJCS in a combat zone would be a valid target.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

An attack on a government official is an attack on Iran, he could've been seized...

I think operating a SAM system is something you'd need training for and a very obvious piece of kit for a terrorist to be using. I'm not saying they wouldn't use a SAM system just that the it would seem a massive waste of expenditure, they're not exactly cheap pieces of kit.

Mistakes happen, who knows maybe it was sabotage. There's other ways to close their airspace too. Shooting down civilian planes is never a good look.

He was on Iraqi soil when that happened, the meeting he was going to was with a terrorist organization. If he was smart, he would have just called them instead of being overconfident and meeting with them. If that general would have stayed in Iran, we could not have done what we did on his own soil, it would then have been a war crime.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Fact correction:

The killing of Qasem Soleimani was “most likely unlawful,” UN Rapporteur on extra-judicial executions Agnès Callamard tweeted.

She said the targeted killings “violate international human rights law,” adding that “outside the context of active hostilities, the use of drones or other means for targeted killing is almost never likely to be legal.”

edition.cnn.com...

He was on Iraqi soil when that happened, the meeting he was going to was with a terrorist organization

Tripe, the Iraqi government is not a terrorist organization:

Adil Abdul-Mahdi was quite clear: “I was supposed to meet him in the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver a message from Iran in response to the message we had delivered from the Saudis to Iran.”

www.independent.co.uk...

Please fact check before speaking

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Fact correction:

The killing of Qasem Soleimani was “most likely unlawful,” UN Rapporteur on extra-judicial executions Agnès Callamard tweeted.

She said the targeted killings “violate international human rights law,” adding that “outside the context of active hostilities, the use of drones or other means for targeted killing is almost never likely to be legal.”

edition.cnn.com...

He was on Iraqi soil when that happened, the meeting he was going to was with a terrorist organization

Tripe, the Iraqi government is not a terrorist organization:

Adil Abdul-Mahdi was quite clear: “I was supposed to meet him in the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver a message from Iran in response to the message we had delivered from the Saudis to Iran.”

www.independent.co.uk...

It may have been illegal, but it was not a war crime as I stated. There is a big difference in being illegal as compared to being a war crime.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So you're saying Scottish and Irish operatives took out the plane? If I hear a funnier thing this year then it's going to be a fun one

It is no less plausible than the bs you spouted with no actual facts.
Your post was just as funny if not funnier imo.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It is no less plausible than the bs you spouted with no actual facts.
Your post was just as funny if not funnier imo.

It is more plausible seeing as Israel does want war with Iran and nor did I claim to have facts

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Physician, heal thyself.....

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It is more plausible seeing as Israel does want war with Iran

oh really???
what is stopping them?

nor did I claim to have facts

that is right
you do not

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Physician, heal thyself.....

It is more plausible seeing as Israel does want war with Iran

oh really???
what is stopping them?

nor did I claim to have facts

that is right
you do not

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about mate, but I honestly don't think the Ukrainian airliner was brought down by Scottish or Irish operatives

edit on -216002020-01-10T13:19:51-06:000000005131202051012020Fri, 10 Jan 2020 13:19:51 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the scotch are as likely as the israelies
anybody but the iranians, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

the scotch are as likely as the israelies
anybody but the iranians, right?

No, the Iranian government is guilty, at least through the eyes of Western media and through the usual selling of a set narrative which is devoid of facts. Using common sense in the scenario, then it makes absolutely no sense, hence why the discussion over possible Israeli involvement.

However, until the investigation is complete then no guilt can be placed on anyone at this minute in time

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
you blame the israelies
I will blame the scotch

when the facts are revealed I will be happy to re-access

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join