It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - help me understand...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm trying to wrap my head around this...

So the House of Representatives passed a resolution to tell the Commander-in-Chief to cease hostilities that had already been determined to have ended the day before and that Iran was already "standing down".

What a blatant cry for attention.

And a waste of taxpayers money.

Did I get that right?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
If you are suggesting that the democratic leadership is nuts, you are exactly correct. Or maybe just stupid.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They had to do this so, moving forward, when there is no war with Iran and the public begins to say "wow, President Trump actually took out one of the most violent, dangerous men in the region and Iran flinched and did nothing against us" the Dems can sweep in and claim THEIR resolution secured peace and ties President Trump's hands, avoiding escalation in the region.

In short, they must have a really, REALLY crappy opinion of the US' voters. How stupid do they take voters to be? That said, watch *some* fall for it...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Cant continue to blame the leadership there... they're just doing what their constituents want them to do. Now, what that says of their constituents' mental health levels and intellects I will entirely leave to each individual who reads this to determine...

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
If you are suggesting that the democratic leadership is nuts, you are exactly correct. Or maybe just stupid.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

They are both.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

And it's a non binding resolution to boot.
It's the legislative equivalent of virtue signaling.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Outside of the fact the resolution has absolutely no teeth...sure, you got that about right.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Career politicians (particularly the r-selection democrats) are useless eaters and literally a drain on resources and taxpayer funds.

They can't run an economy, they refuse to get their hands dirty, they are always corrupted such that the corporation is more important that the citizen, their overall conduct is selfish and intolerant, they are extremely racist - all stemming from an overwhelming sense of entitlement thanks in large part to the likes of AOC and that other thing that just won the Anti-Semite of the year award - Ilhan something...

and that's the democrats good points....

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

So the House of Representatives passed a resolution to tell the Commander-in-Chief to cease hostilities that had already been determined to have ended the day before and that Iran was already "standing down".

Did I get that right?

The empty can rattles the most.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is what there voters want

Just watch as most of them get re elected

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
www.cnn.com... 3A30%3A05&utm_source=fbCNN&fbclid=IwAR24xSAAyAjTASWgatkYxnULu58NnnLpdSA6MgTcR9uY9xXmOiJD1ETArF4 well just like Impeachment the dems were not unified but in this case i think 1 or 2 republicans also voted for it but yeah was a pretty pointless exercise

(CNN)Eight Democrats broke with their party on Thursday to vote against the Iran War Powers resolution -- an effort to restrain President Donald Trump's ability to use military action against Iran without congressional approval -- that passed the House of Representatives. Democratic Reps. Ben McAdams of Utah, Joe Cunningham of South Carolina, Elaine Luria of Virginia, Kendra Horn of Oklahoma, Stephanie Murphy of Florida, Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey, and Max Rose and Anthony Brindisi of New York all opposed the resolution. The measure, which passed by a nearly party line vote of 224-194 on Thursday evening, will next go to the Senate.
and also like Impeachment it will die in the senate

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Did I get that right?

He killed someone, on his say so.

We have seen this before with other Presidents.

Things like this can trigger war, and one person, in a trusted position, with a chip on their shoulder, or with ulterior motives, can push an entire country into war. Why not make sure that when the country goes to war, that the country is behind it, and the reasons are very strong?

Wars kill many more people on both sides. There is always collateral.

And, ultimately, what are those lives taken for? Some stupid temporary situation, until the next guy repeats the same and does it all over again?

edit on 10/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well it’s lucky that President Trump doesn’t have ‘ulterior motives’ like the easily manipulated have been fooled into thinking.

Also lucky he doesn’t have a ‘chip on his shoulder’ like the media-fed drones have been fooled into believing.

Because he most certainly does not want to take his country to war. As has been proven.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I think they're trying to set a new record for flushing the most tax dollars down the drain while doing the least amount of work they can.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Well it’s lucky that President Trump doesn’t have ‘ulterior motives’ like the easily manipulated have been fooled into thinking.

Also lucky he doesn’t have a ‘chip on his shoulder’ like the media-fed drones have been fooled into believing.

Because he most certainly does not want to take his country to war. As has been proven.

So, Operation Desert Storm, all those deaths, what did they achieve?

The war on terror has killed far more than terrorism alone and every time they get rid of one terrorist group, there are others. It isn't working. It is death for death and he toll simply rises.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I think they're trying to set a new record for flushing the most tax dollars down the drain while doing the least amount of work they can.

They get paid the same, regardless.

They are wasting tax dollars no faster or slower than they were before.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Don't forget that the U.S. is under attack and the enemy is inside the gate. The current Democrat party is against America and is teamed with the majority of mainstream media to defeat the Republicans (and Patriotic Americans) for the sake of their larger internationalist agenda (think Communism for the masses and total supremacy for the party elites). Most people I know have no idea how serious the game is right now. The United States is under attack and the front line is everywhere.

When did you ever hear of a President that would state in public that most of the media is lying and blatantly making up false news? When did you ever hear a President tell you that the Democrats are going to pay for their impeachment charade at the box office? Then he said they'll pay for it at the ballot box. Trump knows what time it is.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

The war on terror has killed far more than terrorism alone and every time they get rid of one terrorist group, there are others. It isn't working. It is death for death and he toll simply rises.

We are sinden our mudden nevy warshep weth sexty sex sellors to hilp wid da wer egenst turra bros. HMNZS Retardis.

Bally

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: mtnshredder

They get paid the same, regardless.

They are wasting tax dollars no faster or slower than they were before.

ummmm....yeah they are. There's more to it than just their paychecks. They're also getting NOTHING done and haven't for three frick'n years. Make sense? It's been a huge waste in tax dollars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join