It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont bill would ban cellphone use for anyone under 21

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Something should be done, maybe not 21 or 18 but something needs to be done. And the FCC or whoever should be curbing cell service commercials as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7
The answer is going to be something as ridiculous as changing the name of the devices, or making some ridiculously small change so they are no longer considered a "cell phone"

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, if all you "conspiracy theorists" don't know about this, I don't know what ya'll are reading.

This woman, Dr. Devra Davis, has been studying cell phone radiation for years and makes a long and informative presentation:

www.youtube.com...

Among the points she covers:
- Women getting cancer from putting phone in bra. Yes, it is real, look it up.
- Reduction in sperm count - and sperm ENTHUSIASM (my word) from phones too close to testes
- Disclaimers about health effects are included on all phones
- U.S. is under reporting side effects of signal
- The problem with the signal is that it pulses hundreds of times a second and erratically which is disturbing to cells. Consistent pulses are currently used to heal the body.
- How the range of the electronic pulse encompasses more of a child's head then that of an adult's and what it could mean.

Parents who work in Silicon Valley are increasingly reducing screen time for their little ones: www.youtube.com...

edit on 1/9/2020 by BlissSeeker because: enthusiasm

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hate "common sense" laws.

Common sense laws are what I call laws that replace common sense.

Like seatbelt laws. Or helmet laws.

We are actually allowing the government to dictate to us, common sense.

And we allow it.

We have seatbelt laws. WHY???

Because we are too ####ing stupid to wrap a fabric across our body so we don't die if we're in an accident.

We have helmet laws. WHY???

Because we are too ####ing stupid to place a hardened cover over our head when riding a 2-wheeled machine at a high rate of speed.

Now we're arguing cell phone laws. WHY???

Because we're too ####ing stupid to put the god-damned phone down long enough to drive to a ####ing QuickyMart for a Slushy and a pack of smokes.

Might as well have helmet laws when we take a dump because I am sure that there are idiots that'll crack their skulls when they wipe!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A democrat introduced that bill? Is he trying to sabatoge the democratic party? Is he working for the orange man?

What a dumb thing to do. All he had to do is make it so that anyone using a cell phone while driving could do a month in jail and have a big fine. Do you know how many parents will be pissed about what this crazy Democratic politician did? They want to stay in touch with their kids, so they get them a cell phone and pay for it while they are at college.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker
Well, if all you "conspiracy theorists" don't know about this, I don't know what ya'll are reading.

This woman, Dr. Devra Davis, has been studying cell phone radiation for years and makes a long and informative presentation:

www.youtube.com...

Among the points she covers:
- Women getting cancer from putting phone in bra. Yes, it is real, look it up.
- Reduction in sperm count - and sperm ENTHUSIASM (my word) from phones too close to testes
- Disclaimers about health effects are included on all phones
- U.S. is under reporting side effects of signal
- The problem with the signal is that it pulses hundreds of times a second and erratically which is disturbing to cells. Consistent pulses are currently used to heal the body.
- How the range of the electronic pulse encompasses more of a child's head then that of an adult's and what it could mean.

Parents who work in Silicon Valley are increasingly reducing screen time for their little ones: www.youtube.com...

Yes, the signals coming off of cell phones are dangerous, but to ban anyone under 21, voters, from using them is crazy. I suppose the guy will be introducing a bill raising the voting age to twenty one since all of the voters under twenty one will be voting Republican.

All that needs to be done is force the government to verify that cell phones can cause disruption of brain signals and that can lead to a lot of things including proper response to cancer.
edit on 9-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We need LESS laws and MORE liberty.

Government sucks.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

Your point?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe restrictions on popsockets because no one needs a rear mounted grip. Or reasonable low capacity texting modifications because unlimited high capacity texting is not needed for average communications. Perhaps if there was more than three steps necessary before making or receiving a call in a vehicle.

Call it common sense phone control...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is what happens when people vote for clowns.

(post by Stupidsecrets removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, if it ain't my favorite customer. How's it going Billy.

It's really bad, man, really bad. I ain't talked to my girl in three days. You got the good stuff?

You got the cash?

Look, man, can you front me an iPhone. I'll pay you on Friday.

Billy, Billy, Billy. I like you, so here's a flip phone to get you through. But you better have the money Friday. Don't make me cut off your service.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ah new age restrictions what could possibly go wrong

Just ask the smokers in Hawaii how that works out

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have read that common sense is so rare that it is now a super power. As soon as I read the post I thought of the book 1984. Everyday little by little we get one step closer.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88
A parent is legal responsible for a minor will they lockup mommy and daddy when Jack and Jill who are 10 years old are caught with one?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Isn't Vermont the land of Constitutional carry?

And they want to ban cell phone possession for anyone under 21?

That's a special kind of stupid right there.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: FredT
Police need to simply enforce the law

That is the smartest and most sensible thing I've heard. If you ran for President, I'd vote for you. Why can't everyone understand that the solution is that simple?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
My 3 year old has a cellphone that acts as a medical device. What are they going to do to him? Chuck him in the clink?

Well, my kids certainly won't be getting their own phones until they are at least 14, but I'm not even sure they'll get one then, I may wait until they're 16.

Every time I see a group of kids standing at a school bus stop and every single damn one of them is just standing there staring down at their phone madly texting away, I think "nah, they can get one the day they move out of my house".

Of course, I'm sure there will be some hellaciously bad fights starting about this about the time they turn 10 or so, when most of their friends will have a phone...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yes, the signals coming off of cell phones are dangerous, but to ban anyone under 21, voters, from using them is crazy. I suppose the guy will be introducing a bill raising the voting age to twenty one since all of the voters under twenty one will be voting Republican.

I'd be fully in support of a Constitutional Amendment raising it to 21, but that is what it would take, since it was the 26th amendment that changed it from 21 - what it had always been - to 18, although it was left up to the States too. I think 21 should be t he required age nationally.

All that needs to be done is force the government to verify that cell phones can cause disruption of brain signals and that can lead to a lot of things including proper response to cancer.

YEah, good luck with that, what with t he mad dash to rolling out 5G everywhere.

I think this is a really big mess in the making. I read somewhere that there was a case in San Fran where they had installed a 5G tower at a fire station, and all of the firemen started getting sick and complaining of all kind of weird symptoms, and realized it was the 5G tower, and they forced them to remove it, and all of the symptoms disappeared. Supposedly a law was passed that forbid putting these towers at any fire station. Wish I could find the story but I can't, so no supporting link, sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Here's a bit more on that cell tower and the Fire station

July 26, 2018 by pmg

Firefighters Living Next to Cell Towers Suffer
Neurological Damage

Original ‘Smart Meter Harm’ article here. Original Susan Foster letter here.

A. Pulsed, data-modulated, Radio-frequency Electromagnetic Microwave Radiation (RF-EMR) exposure levels measured were well within what the FCC commercial guideline for RF-EMR exposures

"The fire station cell tower measured at 1/1000th to 2/1000th of the allowable FCC limit of non-ionizing radiation. That means the towers could be almost 1000 times more powerful than the level the firefighters were exposed to, and still be considered within FCC guidelines. And yet even at these levels of radiation, we found brain abnormalities and measurable neurological deficits."

President, Los Angeles County Firefighter’s Union, Local 1014, Opposes Cell Towers

scientists4wiredtech.com...

But maybe they should ban the towers and not the phones.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join