It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate alarmists with more egg on their faces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: YouSir

What is your source for 200 arsonists ?

Sounds,,,,,,inflated...exaggerated.
Is it?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: YouSir

What is your source for 200 arsonists ?

Sounds,,,,,,inflated...exaggerated.
Is it?

Nope.

The NSW Police Force has taken legal action against more than 180 people for bushfire-related offences since late last year.

Numerous bush and grass fires have impacted the state, claiming the lives of 18 people and destroying hundreds of millions of animals and livestock, thousands of homes, and more than 4.9 million hectares of land, so far this bushfire season.

Since Friday 8 November 2019, legal action – which ranges from cautions through to criminal charges – has been taken against 183 people – including 40 juveniles – for 205 bushfire-related offences.

Of note:

24 people have been charged over alleged deliberately-lit bushfires
53 people have had legal actions for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban, and
47 people have had legal actions for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land.

This is over the entire state of NSW. Not just in fire areas. NSW Rural Fire service has stated that lighting has been responsible for the vast majority of ignition for these fires.

edit on 11-1-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Do some people exaggerate climate change? Obviously, and you're right that this is detrimental to the environmental movement.

However, these types of shocking and extreme signs are only going up because most people are totally asleep! Totally unaware of the cliff that we are slowly but steadily approaching. You'd have to be a science denier not to believe in man-made climate change.

So yes, sensationalized doomsday stuff like this is annoying and problematic, but when you see it, I implore you to try to remember the bigger problem. It's more problematic when people deny that we even have a problem, and somehow some way there are still a vast number of ignorant people in our country.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Cherry picking data here essentially when the overall trend is clearly warming.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is part of the reason why things will never change.

Everyone has an anger issue with the thought of the climate slowly but surely changing for the worse.

It's easy to just laugh off, or be down-right rude and ignorant to those individuals appearing doom and gloom like. It is easy to imagine that if we just hide our heads in the sand and go about our business, it won't be real.

Denial does not mean we don't believe that the climate changes or is changing over time - of course it does. Denial means that instead of being on the side of helping with a solution, you are on the side of being angry with the government, or being far removed from the problems by being down-right convinced that your mere presence on the Earth has nothing to do with environmental changes. Denial happens when the problem is so complex with so many moving parts that we become overwhelmed, and we shut down.

I don't really give a crap if the entire idea of climate change is completely made up.

This Earth is my home. I have to live here and so do future generations. I prefer to keep it clean and healthy regardless of what deniers or doom and gloom folks have to say about it. I keep my house clean, healthy and balanced. Shouldn't everyone?

I am constantly in awe of the beauty of the Earth and the natural environment all around me and it breaks my heart to see careless humans not give a damn or even give a second thought to the consequences of their actions, or piss poor attitudes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join