It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate alarmists with more egg on their faces

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Advantage

You want to kick a disabled kid in the head for taking action and expressing views you don't agree with instead of debunking their claims? How big of you.

She's an alarmist who over-exaggerates AGW but I fail to see how that has such a negative impact on your life you want to enact violence on them or somehow debunks climate change.

were you as vocal about protecting Nick Sandman? Just curious.

I don't watch US news and didn't follow that story.

Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Mentions the Earth going through stages of extremes naturally, but now that humans are here, it's our fault.

FWIW, one natural extreme led to the global mean temperature being 26°C higher than it is now, and only -6°C colder in the last major ice age.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Tighten your helmet up and read that again.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: face23785

The projected timelines have proven to be incorrect but you can't dismiss Climate Change entirely just because the timing is off. Climate Change is happening in my opinion. I think of it as a snowball analogy: At the start it's very small and insignificant and travels very slowly, and is easier to stop at this point. As time progresses the snowball gets larger, faster, and more powerful. This is when people start to take notice however at this point, it's too late to stop it. I think Climate Change is the snowball that humans are not paying enough attention to during the time when we can do something to stop it.

Of course climate change is happening - it's been happening for billions of years.
It's just that driving your truck to work is not causing it.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Little Greta is a little Hitler in the making.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to view it as truth" - Joseph Goebbels

OR this one...

A big lie is a propaganda technique and logical trick. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

I dont care if she has aspergers or not... when some stupid kid pouts and refuses to go to school until someone changes the weather for her and whines all over youtube about it... I kinda want to kick her in the head. I want to beat the # out of all of the adults who use this little dummy too.

Well you see, climate change deniers are retarded, to she is needed to enable communication at their level.

I have personally never met a "climate change denier" - is there anyone who believes the climate never changes? Sorry but to use your word you sound a little retarded.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Ummm...I know...right...?

And those 200 arsonists arrested for starting those fires...so that you could virtue signal...had absolutely nothing to do with that...huh...

Glad to see your on top of this...kinda looking out for the small fry...

Whatever would we do...?

God loves ya man...

YouSir

Well, somebody needs to speak the truth.

All these people worrying about glaciers disappearing. I say screw glaciers. What have they ever done for us? They're cold and slippery. They're eyesores. You can't live on them, can't grow crops on them, and they tie up a lot of badly needed fresh water.

You know what glaciers are made of? Ice. You know who uses ice? Terrorists! And we all know that ICE is racist and it separates families. CNN said so, and they wouldn't lie.

We need to step up our efforts to remove the scourge of glaciers worldwide.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Of course, those of us with at least half a brain knew this was all nonsense from the beginning, always knowing that in the end we would be vindicated after being called uncaring.

It's time for all of us to tell the insane ones to STFU.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's the same argument shaman, witch doctors, priests, and other conniving people have been saying for multiple millennia; "If you do not do what I say and do the things I demand then the Earth will become a hell for you that will destroy everything you love. "

It's an old trope, as old as humans have huddled together to form societies.

Make no mistake though, global warming is real. It's the idea that we can stop the Earth's climate from changing that is the lie. But it's human instinct to be in control, and so when people are told they have the power, the control, over something their first instinct is to believe the lie.

The climate change deniers are completely faith based individuals. They deny the real science that shows regardless of what mankind does, the Earth's climate and weather patterns will forever be dynamic. No amount of taxes, tithes, laws, regulations, or prayers will change that fact.
edit on 10-1-2020 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
It's the same argument shaman, witch doctors, priests, and other conniving people have been saying for multiple millennia; "If you do not do what I say and do the things I demand then the Earth will become a hell for you that will destroy everything you love. "

It's an old trope, as old as humans have huddled together to form societies.

Make no mistake though, global warming is real. It's the idea that we can stop the Earth's climate from changing that is the lie. But it's human instinct to be in control, and so when people are told they have the power, the control, over something their first instinct is to believe the lie.

The climate change deniers are completely faith based individuals. They deny the real science that shows regardless of what mankind does, the Earth's climate and weather patterns will forever be dynamic. No amount of taxes, tithes, laws, regulations, or prayers will change that fact.

It might be more accurate to call them "Solar Cycle Deniers". They wish to ignore our Sun has the biggest say on our temps and our weather.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Wouldn't it be something if AGW actually is real, but what it's doing is helping to mitigate the next ice age, greening up the planet and ushering in our Type 1 civilization, after which things like huge orbital structures used to modulate global temperatures become practical? I know, I know. I'm an asshole for even thinking that.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Ummm...I know...right...?

And those 200 arsonists arrested for starting those fires...so that you could virtue signal...had absolutely nothing to do with that...huh...

YouSir

Hoax.

The NSW Police Force has taken legal action against more than 180 people for bushfire-related offences since late last year.

Numerous bush and grass fires have impacted the state, claiming the lives of 18 people and destroying hundreds of millions of animals and livestock, thousands of homes, and more than 4.9 million hectares of land, so far this bushfire season.

Since Friday 8 November 2019, legal action – which ranges from cautions through to criminal charges – has been taken against 183 people – including 40 juveniles – for 205 bushfire-related offences.

Of note:

24 people have been charged over alleged deliberately-lit bushfires
53 people have had legal actions for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban, and
47 people have had legal actions for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land.

And this is for the entire state of NSW, not just area's effected by these fires.

www.police.nsw.gov.au...

Cant seem to get the NSW Police link to work. You can find it in the www.politifact.com... article

Arson overstated
As for the cause, the website article claims "many of the fires were set by arsonists." The article cites a news story in The Australian that said that more than 180 people have been arrested since the start of the bushfire season and that Swinburne University professor James Ogloff said that about 50% of bushfires were "lit by firebugs."

The 180 figure is wrong.

New South Wales police reported on Jan. 6 that it has taken "legal action" against 183 people for bushfire-related offenses since Nov. 8. But that number includes 24 people charged with deliberately setting bushfires, 53 people cited for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban and 47 people cited for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land. Not all of these people were arrested, as the Starnes article claims.

Moreover, bot and troll accounts are likely involved in a "disinformation campaign" exaggerating the role of arson in the fires, according to a social media analysis by a lecturer at Queensland University of Technology in Australia, The Guardian reported.

www.politifact.com...

One area of misinformation has been the hashtag #ArsonEmergency on Twitter.

Queensland University of Technology (QUT) researcher Dr Timothy Graham analysed a sample 315 accounts posting #ArsonEmergency and said around a third of them displayed highly automated and inauthentic behaviour.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 11-1-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Only about 1 per cent of the land burnt in NSW this bushfire season can be officially attributed to arson, and it is even less in Victoria, the ABC can reveal.

The world has been shocked by the scenes of devastation as the unprecedented destruction of Australia's horror bushfire season rages on.

The disaster has sparked significant media speculation that many of the blazes were deliberately lit.

While it is true firebugs remain a legitimate and serious threat, we crunched the numbers provided by police and fire authorities around the country.

The results might surprise you.

How fire lies spread 'wildly'

As authorities fight bushfires around the country, an ABC investigation reveals a battle of a very different kind online.
NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) Inspector Ben Shepherd said earlier this week lightning was predominantly responsible for the bushfire crisis.

"I can confidently say the majority of the larger fires that we have been dealing with have been a result of fires coming out of remote areas as a result of dry lightning storms," he said.

In Victoria, where about 1.2 million hectares has burned, only 385 hectares — or 0.03 per cent — have been attributed to suspicious circumstances.

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 11-1-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oh that a new one to add what fanatics say about Greta. So, she is The devil, here to destroy trump, a demon, alien, actress, mentally retarded, doing it for the money, working for the powers that be, and now the new Hitler!

Amazing how jealousy can bring out the worst in people!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to view it as truth" - Joseph Goebbels

OR this one...

A big lie is a propaganda technique and logical trick. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

I dont care if she has aspergers or not... when some stupid kid pouts and refuses to go to school until someone changes the weather for her and whines all over youtube about it... I kinda want to kick her in the head. I want to beat the # out of all of the adults who use this little dummy too.

Ok, let me get this straight! Even though you think this child is being used, you still want to "kick her in the head" How old are you?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

OR this one...

Ok, let me get this straight! Even though you think this child is being used, you still want to "kick her in the head" How old are you?

We dont always agree but I am with you on treating a child with kindness.

1st off she is a child that has been abused by authority figures so she is distraught due to BLATANT lies told that child!

Blatant lies designed to help the ONE WORLDER'S take MORE POWER.

It really is that simple.

BUT LEAVE THE CHILD UNHARMED folks, it is her parents that deserve your ire, she is just a teenage child that has been manipulated to spout the lies. Sad but don't take it out on her, please. That helps no one.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have never met a person that did not believe the climate was changing the only legitimate argument you can have over climate change is can we do anything about it.

personally I still think the majority of it is the earth going through a normal cycle with a bit bigger variation because of our effect on the planet.

I also wish we would focus more on adapting to the change rather than trying to stop something that we most likely cant stop.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

BOOM
The runestone that warned of repeated major climate changes:

allthatsinteresting.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Co2 going up fast ?
"Australia going up in flames"
did you know that higher levels of Co2 make
it harder for fires to start or burn!
(mostley its humans starting the fires)
maybe we should tell the climate change people!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
For the climate change people!
in winter we burn lots of wood and coal.
this makes lots of Co2. that makes it hot.
so we stop burning wood and coal.
and it cools down again. so we do it over.
stop burning stuff!!!

>(" Sarcasme ")

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

The chart you posted by self-proclaimed climatologist Cliff Harris is total bunk, as you would know if you had the first clue about climate science.

Ask yourself why the y axis has no units, but vague terms like 'warmer', 'much warmer', 'cold', and 'much colder'. When scientists publish temperature records, they provide temperatures.

What on earth is 'nomanic' time?

Ask yourself why 'climatologist' Cliff Harris hasn't a single published scientific paper to his name and doesn't have a degree in climatology, but would like people to believe he has.

Ask yourself who is best qualified to say how humans are affecting climate, real climatologists, or a Christian fundamentalist who believes the Bible is the ultimate guide to predicting the weather. Cliff Harris and the comically named Randy Mann, co-founders of the bogus Harris-Mann Climatology are also co-authors of Weather and Bible Prophecy.

ATS is worse than Facebook these days for promoting fake science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join