It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate alarmists with more egg on their faces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: The2Billies
Actually hairspray and that type of freon was banned due to the propellant used causing the hole in the ozone to enlarge.
Which , in retrospect , was the same idea behind man made global warming.
Both unrelated.
The Ice Age forthcoming idea which perpetuated from the increased pollution levels (including greenhouse gases) backed up by actual science and not like the "climatology" so called experts today. Very few "climatologists" have a degree in a climate related field .

I trust the true sciences which have been around for centuries.

Thanks for the correction. I was a child, but remember the crux clearly. Man was destroying the planet and we only had a few years left before it was "the end".

I too trust the "real" science, especially geology. My NASA meterologist friend just laughs at the climate change people.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaez

Actually hairspray and that type of freon was banned due to the propellant used causing the hole in the ozone to enlarge.
Both unrelated.
The Ice Age forthcoming idea which perpetuated from the increased pollution levels (including greenhouse gases) backed up by actual science and not like the "climatology" so called experts today. Very few "climatologists" have a degree in a climate related field .

Climate change is the distraction to their magic trick of taking your money and following their rule of law (votes) - screw that - im all about not poisoning the environment however

I agree.

The US has done so very much in my lifetime to clean the air. I remember living near manufacturing plants that belched smoke and the days LA was shut down due to air pollution (smaug). The younger generation doesn't believe me about this at all , that our air is much cleaner, due to sensible and needed air pollution standards.

The US has greatly cleaned up the lakes and rivers. A great thing too. We don't need to be dumping our poo or trash in the lakes and rivers that cause disease. This too is a great thing.

We now have more trees than ever and finally the climate idiots have realized that trees are a sustainable resource. The logging companies planted and plant a tree to replace those they cut. We aren't burning up trees for warmth like we did in the past and trees are multiplying because we are behaving sensibly.

As for carbon tax, that is not sensible, it is a money grubbing scheme. The other things we did were tangible and sensible and had tangible and directly cleaned up the environment. A carbon tax does neither except enrich the elite political class even more.

As for taking away people's cars and forcing them to buy new "electric" ones (ala AOC) that is just more poo. Many of the "new" climate proposals, killing all the cows for instance, is just plain dumb - everybody and every mammal farts, who is next?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If you were given a mission to come up with a impossible goal for the masses, something they could get behind emotionally and fund.

Climate change would be ideal

Get people to work on an endless and impossible goal while asking for donations.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Advantage

You want to kick a disabled kid in the head for taking action and expressing views you don't agree with instead of debunking their claims? How big of you.

She's an alarmist who over-exaggerates AGW but I fail to see how that has such a negative impact on your life you want to enact violence on them or somehow debunks climate change.

were you as vocal about protecting Nick Sandman? Just curious.

I don't watch US news and didn't follow that story. Couldn't care less about the guy myself. Was he the one who looked a bit smug or something a year or so ago? Hardly a crime or even an event worthy of being called news. I certainly didn't want to kick him in the head.

I fail to see how that's relevant to the thread though?? As far as I'm aware this is the first time I've ever posted about Greta, I don't follow or watch her speeches as she's a kid not a climatologist. I don't agree with her alarmism or the verging on child abuse the PR company and parents are committing.

The world doesn't revolve around the US 'left vs right' soap opera. If something doesn't interest me I change the channel, I don't get urges to beat up kids or compare them to Hitler regardless of what their political view is because y'know they're kids and doing that is bat# mental and inexcusable.
edit on 10-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You’re right, we should all learn from Greta. If we believe in something, dont spend time trying to truly be informed. Instead throw temper tantrums until we can force others to only exist into the mold of the world we have shaped. We can live by dual standards and not exist in that mold because our morals are better than everyone else’s. A world full of gretas, something to look forward too...

a reply to: ManFromEurope

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You want to kick a disabled kid in the head for taking action and expressing views you don't agree with instead of debunking their claims? How big of you.

She's an alarmist who over-exaggerates AGW but I fail to see how that has such a negative impact on your life you want to enact violence on them or somehow debunks climate change.

I don't watch US news and didn't follow that story. Couldn't care less about the guy myself. Was he the one who looked a bit smug or something a year or so ago? Hardly a crime or even an event worthy of being called news. I certainly didn't want to kick him in the head.

I fail to see how that's relevant to the thread though?? As far as I'm aware this is the first time I've ever posted about Greta, I don't follow or watch her speeches as she's a kid a climatologist.

The world doesn't revolve around the US 'left vs right' soap opera. If something doesn't interest me I change the channel, I don't get urges to beat up kids.

since you were sticking up for the kid, I was sure you would have stuck up for poor Nick, but all you remember is his smug look. Ironic, HOW DARE YOU! LOL, but no, he was a kid who tried not to escalate a volatile situation, and was demonized for it in the media, and threatened with violence on social media due to how the idiot left wing news covered it, since he had a red MAGA hat on. Does Gretta have a smug look too?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Haha, what a incredible uninformed thread. You guys have absolutely no clue.

So SEVERE climate change didn't happen as fast as projected, well good!

But ofcourse, all those ice-core samples, 100 years of meteorological observations must all be faked or exaggerated?

Hell, lets put the lead back in gasoline then, get the freon back, burn more coal. It was all a hoax! Forrest fires, meh, bar-b-q-time!

Yes i am aware that the earth has gone thru several major changes. But this time, we humans are here.
During the dinosaur age, there was about 10% more oxygen in the air, which actually allowed the creatures to go that big.
When that asteroid hit, the aftermath of fires around the globe consumed that oxygen, to the levels we have today. That means... no more dinos... EVER!

It's all a very fine-tuned balance. Human-made pollutants have been proven over and over again, contributing to getting this balance out of tune.
In 2024-2025 when the next solar maximum hits (sun spots), you will see radical changes. Not that its the sun's fault, but it does have a 11-year cycle from low to high sun spot activity. Combined with human activity, this might reach the tipping point causing ever more severe weather. More water in the ocean sloshing around, can cause extreme earthquakes. And then boom, you are in a whole new world where sunlight surely will be worshiped again!

But hell, its all a hoax. Trump said so! Its a Chinese made hoax. Nothing to see here, carry on!
edit on 10/1/2020 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Nice hyperbole! I think the point is that beating us to death with gloom and doom predictions isn't selling when they don't come true. That kind of thing turns folks off a bit. But don't worry, nobody is taking your AGW away.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
When I was growing up we were told that things we were doing were going to cause a global ice age.

Lying to kids to distort their thinking processes ...
Having your way with them sexually ...

Same diff.

I'm all for pushing people who are okay with this type of behavior, into the ocean ... or better yet ... throwing them into the arena to fight over their next meal.

edit on 10-1-2020 by Deplorable because: 0bama made me do it

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I fail to see how that's relevant to the thread though?? As far as I'm aware this is the first time I've ever posted about Greta, I don't follow or watch her speeches as she's a kid a climatologist.

The world doesn't revolve around the US 'left vs right' soap opera. If something doesn't interest me I change the channel, I don't get urges to beat up kids.

since you were sticking up for the kid, I was sure you would have stuck up for poor Nick, but all you remember is his smug look. Ironic, HOW DARE YOU! LOL, but no, he was a kid who tried not to escalate a volatile situation, and was demonized for it in the media, and threatened with violence on social media due to how the idiot left wing news covered it, since he had a red MAGA hat on. Does Gretta have a smug look too?

As said I don't follow US news and it wasn't covered in the UK. If journalists were calling for violence or slandering/defaming someone under 18 they should be fired and blacklisted from employment for failing basic journalism ethics.

Yes she does look smug sometimes but as posted it's hardly a crime or something newsworthy. Probably part of her ASD and being a kid. Kids and teens have a habit of looking smug due to discomfort in such tense situations, I know I did.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

He's getting his. CNN just paid him to stop the lawsuit and he has several others going. He won't be worrying about his next meal. Much like Greta I'm sure. fame comes with fortune. at least Greta chose to be in the spotlight. But I suppose her age shields her from criticism. It just never seemed to work for Nick.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

But ofcourse, all those ice-core samples, 100 years of meteorological observations must all be faked or exaggerated?

Ice core data shows much higher levels of CO2 before man made industry, so don't know why you would reference that. The same ice core data shows absolutely no correlation between CO2 levels and global temperature.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
BTW: The glaciers are still shrinking.
Good job anyway, they do not shrink fast enough to be completely eradicated. Yet.

"Oh look, its still 300m long!" "Yes, but 20 years ago it was 1800m long." "See, nothing happens!!!"

Completely missed the point. You can sit there and be smug about how they were right even though they were wrong, but that's not how the public sees it. Constantly going with the worst-case predictions is sabotaging the climate change movement. There's a LONG list of climate predictions that have been wrong. All you people that think you're SOOOO smart can't even understand a basic concept like: when you're constantly wrong people will lose faith in your credibility. You're not that smart, obviously. That is incredibly easy to understand and you don't get it. Sad.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Both unrelated.

Thanks for the correction. I was a child, but remember the crux clearly. Man was destroying the planet and we only had a few years left before it was "the end".

I too trust the "real" science, especially geology. My NASA meterologist friend just laughs at the climate change people.

Shhh....I will say , I was not a child. That is all you will get from me.

And , by the time they did ban the substances , the hole in the ozone layer had been getting smaller for a decade.

edit on 1/10/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

The point of the thread went over your head too. You guys really have bad reading comprehension skills. If you can't even understand a forum thread, it's doubtful you understand the science behind climate change.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: kloejen

Ice core data shows much higher levels of CO2 before man made industry, so don't know why you would reference that. The same ice core data shows absolutely no correlation between CO2 levels and global temperature.

Wrong, you are spreading misinformation....

Measurements of air extracted from Antarctic ice extend the record of measured atmospheric CO2 concentrations to 800,000 years ago. Over the past 2000 years, concentrations were around 280 ppm with only small changes until the start of the industrial era, before rapidly increasing. Over the previous 800,000 years, CO2 concentrations varied between regular warm periods and colder glacial periods but were always lower than those of the past century. The last time atmospheric CO2 concentrations were the same or higher than present day was the Pliocene epoch, more than 2.3 million years ago, as determined from isotopes and organic molecule tracers in ocean sediments.

www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

You realize you just posted proof of what he said right? Jesus you guys have gone downhill.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: weirdguy

You realize you just posted proof of what he said right? Jesus you guys have gone downhill.

No, they don't understand the part where CO2 did not correlate with global temps.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

This is to be expected when the adults act like children and hire children to do their dirty work so they can call the other adults mean for criticizing the child.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: face23785

Little Greta is a little Hitler in the making.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to view it as truth" - Joseph Goebbels

OR this one...

A big lie is a propaganda technique and logical trick. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

I dont care if she has aspergers or not... when some stupid kid pouts and refuses to go to school until someone changes the weather for her and whines all over youtube about it... I kinda want to kick her in the head. I want to beat the # out of all of the adults who use this little dummy too.

Thats soo sweet of you. And mature. And overall compassionate.

Hey, why is a kid fighting for its future? It should sit in school!

Yes. Yes, she should. But she won't.

And you snowflakes won't make her.

Thanks for posting. Your response is the exact reason the democrats chose an undeveloped mind to spread their dirty work. Democrats pegged people like you and have your ill informed mind down to an art.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join