It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate alarmists with more egg on their faces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Signs predicting glaciers will be gone by 2020 to be removed

I mean, what can you say? Honestly, let's not even discuss whether climate change is real. I have one question:

If you're serious about convincing enough of the public that this is uber-serious that they will pressure politicians to solve the crisis, do you really think it's a good idea to repeatedly lie to people about what's gonna happen 5, 10, 20 years from now?

Honestly, this is freaking embarrassing. Millions of people have gone to this park and seen these signs, and this is gonna be shared all over social media. A good percentage of those people are gonna see this and know the gloom and doom was bogus. Things like this keep happening. It is damaging your cause. Stop with the #ing hysteria already.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think there should be a court injunction requiring them to leave the signs up, and merely apply subsequent plaques commemorating their new predictions on when all the glaciers go away.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Little Greta is a little Hitler in the making.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to view it as truth" - Joseph Goebbels

OR this one...

A big lie is a propaganda technique and logical trick. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I stopped falling for climate doom and gloom a long time ago.

When I was growing up we were told that things we were doing were going to cause a global ice age. That is why freon was banned. That was why many propellants were banned. To save the climate - from a man made ice age, because of freon and hairspray. Yes ice age.

Then suddenly it was global warming.

Now it is climate change and every storm that passes is the "worst ever" and the storms "will get worse" unless we ban .....

It was a load of you know what then, and I think it is a load of you know what now.

I have a friend who works as a meteorologist for NASA. He said what I have always believed. YES the climate changes. Just look at the geological evidence. There is geological evidence of a much much warmer climate during the age of the dinosaurs; there is geological evidence of an ice age when humans huddled in caves; there is geological evidence that every land mass was covered by ocean at one time or another. For heaven's sake, look at REAL science, like geology; not doom and gloom ever flip flopping "climate" science.

The climate changed radically before men left the caves. It changed again shortly after men left the caves. It changed again and then again. That is NORMAL, a normal cycle of the Planet. It will change but man has nothing to do with it.

For heavens sake, banning freon didn't change the doom and gloom suddenly from "we are entering an ice age" to "we are entering global warming". Heck the planet was much much warmer when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, was it their farts?

That's it! It's the dinosaurs fault the climate changed from hotter than it is now to an ice age. Their farts, of course!

Dinosaur farts must have caused the ice age. Just like cow farts are causing global warming.

edit on 1/9/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
Actually hairspray and that type of freon was banned due to the propellant used causing the hole in the ozone to enlarge.
Which , in retrospect , was the same idea behind man made global warming.
Both unrelated.
The Ice Age forthcoming idea which perpetuated from the increased pollution levels (including greenhouse gases) backed up by actual science and not like the "climatology" so called experts today. Very few "climatologists" have a degree in a climate related field .

I trust the true sciences which have been around for centuries.

edit on 1/9/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: The2Billies
Actually hairspray and that type of freon was banned due to the propellant used causing the hole in the ozone to enlarge.
Which , in retrospect , was the same idea behind man made global warming.
Both unrelated.
The Ice Age forthcoming idea which perpetuated from the increased pollution levels (including greenhouse gases) backed up by actual science and not like the "climatology" so called experts today. Very few "climatologists" have a degree in a climate related field .

I trust the true sciences which have been around for centuries.
Climate change is the distraction to their magic trick of taking your money and following their rule of law (votes) - screw that - im all about not poisoning the environment however

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The projected timelines have proven to be incorrect but you can't dismiss Climate Change entirely just because the timing is off. Climate Change is happening in my opinion. I think of it as a snowball analogy: At the start it's very small and insignificant and travels very slowly, and is easier to stop at this point. As time progresses the snowball gets larger, faster, and more powerful. This is when people start to take notice however at this point, it's too late to stop it. I think Climate Change is the snowball that humans are not paying enough attention to during the time when we can do something to stop it.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

To be fair, 2020 isn't over yet.

It's only January and so far we can look forward to ...

Australia going up in flames,

excessive greenhouse gas emissions from the Senate Impeachment Hearings, the Democratic Primary, and the 2020 elections,

possible war with Iran, or North Korea, or, Canada and Mexico (Why not? The transportation cost savings alone would make it cheaper than any other war.)

And that's just a few things we know about. Maybe there's an asteroid coming.

They should have left the sign up for the rest of the year. Give us something to work for, we can do it! Make this the year we finally get rid of those damn glaciers. They're health hazards.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Ummm...I know...right...?

And those 200 arsonists arrested for starting those fires...so that you could virtue signal...had absolutely nothing to do with that...huh...

Glad to see your on top of this...kinda looking out for the small fry...

Whatever would we do...?

God loves ya man...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What is your source for 200 arsonists ?

Sounds,,,,,,inflated...exaggerated.
Is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to view it as truth" - Joseph Goebbels

OR this one...

A big lie is a propaganda technique and logical trick. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

I dont care if she has aspergers or not... when some stupid kid pouts and refuses to go to school until someone changes the weather for her and whines all over youtube about it... I kinda want to kick her in the head. I want to beat the # out of all of the adults who use this little dummy too.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

How

Dare

You?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Is it?

Yes most of those 200 arsonists where people who carelessly discarded cigarette, fireworks or they didn't adhere to firebans etc. The real number was 24 arrested for intentional arson. The mass arson nonsense began on social media and spread by bots before going viral.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

OR this one...

I dont care if she has aspergers or not... when some stupid kid pouts and refuses to go to school until someone changes the weather for her and whines all over youtube about it... I kinda want to kick her in the head. I want to beat the # out of all of the adults who use this little dummy too.
I personally feel sorry for her. She is The poster child for manipulation - the manipulation we are AL enduring.

Hard science shows clearly that the earth regularly goes through cooling and warming cycles. Some of these cycles might be kicked off by heavenly bodies slamming into our little marble, others are due to volcano activity and others we really don’t understand.

In Roman times they grew grapes for wine up in Yorkshire, UK. You try doing that now.

I am not saying that the world is our garbage dump and we shouldn’t care what we do, we should and everything we can do to stop pollution and deforestation we should do. However humans were not responsible for a single one of the previous cooling’s or warming’s and it is very unlikely that we are actually to blame for the current situation. Without us around it is still more than likely that temperatures would be rising. We don’t really help matters, we could do more. At the end of the day though, we are being manipulated like Greta and used for the greed of those who already control the vast proportion of the wealth on earth.
edit on 10-1-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

OR this one...

Well you see, climate change deniers are retarded, to she is needed to enable communication at their level.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Is it?

yes

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

OR this one...

Thats soo sweet of you. And mature. And overall compassionate.

Hey, why is a kid fighting for its future? It should sit in school!

Yes. Yes, she should. But she won't.

And you snowflakes won't make her.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
BTW: The glaciers are still shrinking.
Good job anyway, they do not shrink fast enough to be completely eradicated. Yet.

"Oh look, its still 300m long!" "Yes, but 20 years ago it was 1800m long." "See, nothing happens!!!"

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

You want to kick a disabled kid in the head for taking action and expressing views you don't agree with instead of debunking their claims? How big of you.

She's an alarmist who over-exaggerates AGW but I fail to see how that has such a negative impact on your life you want to enact violence on them or somehow debunks climate change.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Advantage

You want to kick a disabled kid in the head for taking action and expressing views you don't agree with instead of debunking their claims? How big of you.

She's an alarmist who over-exaggerates AGW but I fail to see how that has such a negative impact on your life you want to enact violence on them or somehow debunks climate change.

were you as vocal about protecting Nick Sandman? Just curious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join