It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rouhani tweets reference to Iran Air 655 just 2 days before Ukrainian airliner shot down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well why would they bite the hand that feeds them?

Highest bidder always has the democrats ears, and rears....

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Well why would they bite the hand that feeds them?

Highest bidder always has the democrats ears, and rears....

That's why these things happen. Because people play talking points and don't look at the big picture.

Both sides suck bro.

Trump wants to help Saudi Arabia start a nuclear weapons program. He, and the whole of Congress give Saudi Arabia actual money and weapons (which every recent president and congress has done)... Not just giving Iran some of their own assets back and REEING while we give Saudis our actual own business tax dollars.
edit on 9-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I dont think anybody should be getting nukes .

At this point I think we should go back to ground wars. No tanks, jets, nothing.

Just a bunch of dudes armed with metal tablespoons.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

russian missiles most likely but owned by iran their tech is ALL over the middle east no way the russians splash a Ukranian civilian air liner right out side the Iranian capital , i had heard in the other thread that some of the iranian missile systems are automated so that would be my theory

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: CharlesT
Retribution comes to mind. Just like the Hatfield–McCoy feud. It almost wiped out the Hatfields and McCoys before it was all over. We did shoot down a defenseless passenger jet over the Mediterranean by the USS Vincennes.

Damned Arabs are the McCoys.

If I remember correctly the Vincennes had just been harnessed by Iranian gun boats and aircraft. She was standing at battle stations. The Iranian jet liner had her transponder turned off. It was a perfect storm.

Fog of war. It was tragic and as you said a perfect storm. You had a Captain that made a poor decision. In this case it will most likely come down to another commander who was on alert lost situational awareness (IE normal flight path) much like Iran Air, and elected to shoot first then ask questions later.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

I dont think anybody should be getting nukes .

At this point I think we should go back to ground wars. No tanks, jets, nothing.

Just a bunch of dudes armed with metal tablespoons.

I'll play Devils advocate against myself and say it's intended to be a civil nuclear energy program... But we started Iran's too back in the day.

Will Saudi Arabia keep it that? I doubt it. Fundamental extremists could overthrow the already strict Islamic rule there and gain control of it.

All lessons say it's a bad idea, yet, people ignore it and point to Iran.

I don't defend Iran, it's a horrible tyrannical regime who has almost certainly killed Americans through proxy and possibly directly. But going to war with them would only drain us of resources and make us weaker to real threats.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Trump wants to help Saudi Arabia start a nuclear weapons program.

Indeed, the irony of that is mindcrushing.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

We are drifting off topic a bit, but its an apt lesson we have yet to learn.

Just ask the ghost of the Shah. There will be a reckoning for the House of Saud. Its going to be swift and bloody and int he aftermath the average American will be watching the television wondering why our "good" friends the Saudis are chanting death to America.

We yet again are arming up and equipping a absolute monarchy JUST LIKE WE DID IN IRAN

The Saudi's are not to be trusted. How many 911 hijackers came from Saudi?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
I can't remember the exact number, but I'm confident is was 80%+

The House of Saud are not good people.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Democrats told the Iranians that the Ukrainian passenger plane was a front for CIA operatives leaving the country.

The Democrats want Americans to die. They want you to die, and your family. If they could get away with it, they'd send squads into our neighborhoods to kill us and put us in camps. They'd seize the wealth of everyone who's on record for voting Republican and give it to blacks and Mexican immigrants. They'd relocate illegal immigrants into your homes too.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The Saudi's are not to be trusted. How many 911 hijackers came from Saudi?

Which I'm sure is more than what Iranians have done to us. But simply staying in the region for going on twenty years guarantees we lose lives, and regularly.

I don't say we go to war with Saudi Arabia either. I say we cut them off and let them implode... Because they would without our tech, and the spy tools we and the Israelis have given them.

Just like I still don't call for war even though logically Iran likely accidentally shot down that plane.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

For example, one of the most-cited estimates comes from BP's BP prediction made on World Energy Day in 2014; based on reserve estimates of 1.688 trillion barrels, BP claimed the earth has enough oil left for about 53 more years at current production levels.Dec 27, 2017
How Much Oil Is Left In The Earth? | Nasdaq

www.nasdaq.com...

Saudi Arabia would be alright on their own for five decades, maybe longer if they can stretch their supply out. Then.. they're worthless to the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I can't remember the exact number, but I'm confident is was 80%+

The House of Saud are not good people.

It's what happens when the well being has and influence your country projects becomes team sports.

We all get screwed while we think we are winning every cycle or two.

Luckily we're more free... But in some ways our governments' have us in the same dogmatic trance as those that make their people think they're God's of sorts, or appointed by them (sound familiar)? But even though I talk critically of my country... I still love it, and am certainly thankful I can speak my mind on what I perceive to be flawed in it.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think Trump's decisions have been correct these past 3 years and I trust his judgement in this situation as well. It may very well get nasty before it gets better but it is also better to take care of the problem now rather than wait like we have with North Korea. I'm not trying to make this about North Korea so be alert mods.

It's a game of Chicken, on the international scale and the victor claims the prize. The only problem is Islamic radicalism unwilling to accept defeat. They will fight to the death if necessary.

But Putin isn't stupid enough to get very involved here. He is for Russia and Russia Only.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

North Korea has a gdp of 40 billion, slightly more than Wyoming.

They may have nukes, and may be insane, but I don't think they'd lob them over here. By the time they have missiles that could make it, we'd be able to shoot them down.

Same for Iran.

China is a far greater threat... More so if we keep pissing away trillions in third world nations.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Was that their money or ours?

Why don't people complain about Trump sending our money and weapons to other tyrannical governments.

Obama was one of the worse presidents, the worst of my of my lifetime. A mix of neo liberalism with neo con foreign policy. God awful.

But that whole Iran thing is just a distraction from the real damage he did. He made a deal, arguably a bad one, that unfroze some of their assets. Yet the right won't say a word about Trump actively trying to jump start the Saudi nuclear program.

Maybe the far left can't be taken as seriously as the concervative... But if you set your bar there, you aint gonna end up jumping very high.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

With most things with Iran, its not simple.

Airbus Says Iran Air Jetliner Equipped with Two Transponders With AM-Airliner Rdp, Bjt

July 5, 1988

apnews.com...

Howard said at the Pentagon that the Iranian aircraft was broadcasting over a radio transmitter known as Identify Friend or Foe ″in two modes. It was squawking on Mode-3, which is ... a common identifier for both military and civilian aircraft, used in air traffic control.″

″It was also sending signals on a military mode, Mode-2. And the signals that ... the Vincennes was receiving from that aircraft, were signals that we had previously identified or associated with an F-14 ... No commercial airliners use Mode-2.″

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Plot twist: Iran intentionally shoots down aircraft in anticipation of US returning fire in an attempt to implicate US thus sparking American int’l tension with Canada/Ukraine etc...however, US never returned fire and well... we know the rest. We can call it an accident if you want...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Gojira54

Rouhani is just the President in name only. The operational President was Terrorist-General Soleimani.

Well, now he is with his 7 virgins, and they are baying with delight, as camels often do

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join