It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ukrainian Flight that Crashed in Iran WAS shot down by a missile!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster

- Iran's foreign minister Javad Zarif

Translation, a nervous Nelly was trigger happy and didn't have enough training.
edit on 11-1-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Is iran admitting this?

The Iranians had someone on the news yesterday claiming it was not them and such accusations were politically driven

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

That was the SA-15 launch, not a ballistic missile launch.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

A lot earlier than that. The first civilian aircraft attacked was something like 1938 when a Japanese fighter strafed a civilian airliner

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
lets see if I can put this right. It was indeed a missle and its in evryones best interest for it to be an accident. So improportionate measures are avoided. Hmm...Does this sound like US military strategy? Doesnt to me. It seems that the US has agreed to be more than an ally to Saudi Arabia. Even though militarilly the US is far superior than Iran , the culture of the middle east seems to approach 'officiall' war in very different way than the culture of the US.

Since the US openly claimed responsibility for the assassination of salamander a precondition was met for the Iranians to wage a very specific type of war, the rules of which are respected by certain 'allies' of the US. These 'rules' are thousands of years old.

Iran is at 'war' with the US and her allies, weather US congress declares it or not.

This missle that Iran vehemently claimed didnt come from them,...did. The US controlled the dialouge and basically told them what to say by immediately 'believing' it was an accident, so the Iranians had thier way out and used it.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: billjenkins589

Look up Operation Praying Mantis. Reagan told Iran that if they used Silkworm antiship missiles, it would lead to war. Iran used Silkworms at least once, and we looked the other way, allowing them to back down. They did, and so did we. It's not the first time it's happened.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A lot earlier than that. The first civilian aircraft attacked was something like 1938 when a Japanese fighter strafed a civilian airliner

Thanks for the info. For the sake of staying on topic, I will leave the history of airline shootdowns for another discussion.

Specifically, Iran's motivations behind targeting Ukrainian or duel Canadian - Ukraine citizens is worthy of examination. Did Iran select Flight PS752 based on the nationalities onboard the aircraft? Carrying political favour from Putin may explain the reason for targeting Ukrainians. Russia's usage of the proxy's to meet their global interests is a play from their Cold War post-colonial Africa playbook. We are yet to see if the shootdown of Flight PS752 may not reflect a campaign against Ukraine's global interests.

Evicting the Russians military from Ukraine is the best way to combat Putin's ambitions. NATO and international partners supplying arms, intel and training to Ukrainian armed forces is imperative. Nor does this strategy lead to a U.S. - Iran War.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I think it was more timing. It was approximately two hours after the Iranian missile attack, which is at least how long it would take us to mount a response. Add in a report of US aircraft over the UAE heading towards Iran, and you get jumpy radar operators.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed, but one would imagine a SAM site nearby to a civilian international airport would need to be extra vigilant about not accidentally shooting down a civilian airliner. In this regard, at least in my opinion, particularly in light of the passenger make up, the nationality of the airline and the destination of this particular flight, there is some merit in at least examining if there may have been more to this than just a simple accident.

It may lead to nothing, but it probably shouldn't be cast aside just yet.

To the best of my knowledge, this incident is unique in the respect that this is the only example of a civilian airliner being shot down shortly after takeoff in such close proximity to a civilian airport. Most of the other examples were aircraft en route far from another airport.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

All valid points. I don't wish to take away from the loss of life and victims loved ones suffering. But purely in the narrow scope of this topic, I do hope you are correct. If I am wrong, the international community doesn't have to deal with Russia's proxy's attacking Ukraine interests around the world.

Now that doesn't change my view on Ukraine as outlined above. The Middle East is an ongoing hot spot, local bushfires if not contained turn into global infernos (WW3).

I am deeply disturbed, but not surprised by the shootdown of Flight PS752. Airlines flying routes over conflict or high-risk areas pose an element of risk in future shootdowns. The route diversions by QANTAS and other international (non-U.S) airlines occurred after the loss of Flight PS752. Qantas is or will face balancing out commercial concerns with airline safety.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Agreed, but one would imagine a SAM site nearby to a civilian international airport would need to be extra vigilant about not accidentally shooting down a civilian airliner.

There is also the fact commercial airline routes and flight departure times are a matter of public record. The Iranians wouldn't have required classified information to plan the shootdown.

To the best of my knowledge, this incident is unique in the respect that this is the only example of a civilian airliner being shot down shortly after takeoff in such close proximity to a civilian airport. Most of the other examples were aircraft en route far from another airport.

Air Rhodesia Flight RH825 shot down not long after takeoff in 1978. Nevertheless, you have brought the discussion to an important point. Planned shot downs of airliners are likely to happen near civilian airports. If the perpetrators wish to cover up their intent, they need the cover story of an accidental tragedy. I am not suggesting airline shoot down always happen down at takeoff and landing. (The Soviet Air Force shot down Korean Air Flight 007 in 1983. The Soviets didn't conspire to down the aircraft).

edit on 12-1-2020 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2020 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

"I knew it".. It's hardly an unlikely event ffs.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I actually knew someone who was "in the immediate vicinity" when KAL007 was hit that night, but that's another thread.

And yes, thank you for reminding me about RH825, I'd forgotten about that one. There may be others as well, but I would posit these are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to civilian aircraft shoot downs. That was really my point.

edit on 1/12/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Agreed, but one would imagine a SAM site nearby to a civilian international airport would need to be extra vigilant about not accidentally shooting down a civilian airliner. In this regard, at least in my opinion, particularly in light of the passenger make up, the nationality of the airline and the destination of this particular flight, there is some merit in at least examining if there may have been more to this than just a simple accident.

It may lead to nothing, but it probably shouldn't be cast aside just yet.

Don't civilian jets have transponders?

I'm sure that I remember something from the Iran Air 655 incident about it having some kind of iff device that identified it as a cilivian passanger aircraft to the crew of the vincennes. Are those still a thing?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Not all air defense sites are capable of reading a civilian transponder. The Vincennes was actually reading the transponder of an F-14 waiting to take off at Bandar Abbas and mistook it for the civilian flight.
edit on 1/12/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Of course it was. i told my family that the only reason why the Iranian regime didn't want to give back the black box was because Iran shut down the plane. it was obvious from the very beginning.
May God rest the souls of all those poor people whom were murdered by the Iranian dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Initially, I didn't understand your point correctly. Thank you for the clarification. I now grasp and agree with your standpoint. My fear is the risk of unintentionally airline shoot downs is spreading or returning to the Asia- Pacific. China's territorial disputes, artificial island-building and naval build-up, represent elements of the increasing dangers to airliners. Increasing pressure on the USN's surface fleet operational tempo is another ingredient in the growing cocktail of risks.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
New footage. CCTV with the incorrect date but that is not uncommon.

The footage does appear to match up with 2 missile launches and then the fireball of the aircraft as it makes its turn.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join