It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ukrainian Flight that Crashed in Iran WAS shot down by a missile!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Mark08
Cue the terrorism apologists.

So you're telling me that Iran hit an airplane full of Iranians because of... Terrorism? And yes, according to the passenger list all those poor souls were Iranians with foreign passports.

So the couple dozen Canadians onboard were also Iranian citizens?

You need to get better information about a topic before typing.

As far as the Iranian government killing thier own citizens, that happens every. single. day.

Please point out a traditional Canadian name on that list. All I can see is 4 native Swedes. The rest of the passengers were Iranians with foreign passports.
You should learn to read before spouting bs. I wrote that most of the dead were Iranians residing abroad, not who's citizens they were.
This was not an act of terror but rather a horrific mistake. The airplane shouldnt have taken off in the first place. Crazy
edit on 9-1-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I hear that Canadian President Justin Trudeau has vowed to "do something".

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He is going to dress up in brown face and run around saying death to america?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I knew it as well. I'm sure a lot of the folks here knew it before now.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

What exactly should he do?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm or deny any US flyovers of Iran during or close to this period? Maybe hit the 'wrong' plane? Zaph?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

He said nothing of the sort

He said looks like a missile hit, but needs to be investigated. Said nothing about what next.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You think the average Iranian radar operator knows that?
edit on 1/9/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: IrateCanadian

I think happened because they got scared that the plane was an american bomber.

But this will for sure feed the ct's here on ats.
I think the most believed theory right now is that there was someone important or connected on that plane.

I personally think it was a accident and that is why both sides backed off so quickly and backed down. I think the Soleimani hit and the missile strike were planned by both sides. Iran hit nothing with their missile strike of consequence.

My theory is the US and Iran had a deal. We take out Soleimani and they "retaliate" with a missile strike....that kills nobody. Iran, being cautious of the deal, activated their defense systems before the strike but either didn't account for civilian aircraft in the targeting or didn't notify the airports near their systems.

Iran likely accidentally did this.

OMG that's my theory too, but I was afraid to post it, lol

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Nothing that I heard of. Not even AWACS or one of the RCs were up close to the border.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

He is going to dress up in brown face and run around saying death to america?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just because some people did something

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Really ?
A US bomber in the process of taking off from their runway ?
Would that not be a bit out of the ordinary ?

That's an important point that comes out there when you say that. It is something of an enigma too, I wondered too why this missile was, 'fired' or activated in the first place. Some said an individual was drunk for instance, regardless of that, an individual admitted a firing/s other say.
So what's this about two missiles? I had thought that myself only when I first saw the pics of the second video, the one I posted the stills of, only seem to match the first video we've all seen cosmetically could you construe that as being deliberate, or are two firings just as routine, so still accidental.
Trump doesn't help talking about the plane being over a, "rough area" and at one point, "being suspicious of an accidental Iranian firing " being briefed anyway.
I understand you were replying to a member who was ridiculing CT's other than his/her own, and frankly the whole thing is wide open to anything, and I wouldn't blame them since all the governments are saying the same story...without any clue for us as how this happened accidentally. The one thing that is bothering is for it to be accidental, a manned missile launch system was out of touch with the rest of the world...does that make sense? You could make the argument of tipsy Joe, or just knackered..but would that stand up?
The pictures of a missile head don't count for much, and nobody is going for it, and are unverified anyway.
You were right to take on him/her no matter what.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So there would be 'testing air defenses' that would occur that would not be leaked to the public at large? I guess that is what I was getting at. It is more than likely simply a tragic accident but I am not a big believer in coincidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You think that guy is free and not locked up or dead?

This is an embarrassment for iran.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A radar operator sees a radar return at fairly low altitude, he's amped up, possibly saw the announcement that American aircraft were on their way, and makes a mistake and fires on it.

Not that low

Oh yes, they fear the A-10’s. Everyone in the Middle East is weary of the Warthogs.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The RC-135U Combat Sent does that. They fly towards defenses and try to get them to activate radars and systems, and use their onboard systems to map them. It's not a job for the faint of heart. Last I heard neither one was in theater. One just came out of Greenville after having work done.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Plot twist: Iran intentionally shoots down aircraft in anticipation of US returning fire in an attempt to implicate US thus sparking American int’l tension with Canada/Ukraine etc...however, US never returned fire and well... we know the unfortunate rest. We can call it an accident if you want...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
given what is going on, and what the first reports from Iran were saying, as well as the passengers on the aircraft seemingly all being Iranian or at least majorly family connected to Iran. i'm not so sure this was an accident. i think it may have been another attempt to sway more world and Iranian opinion to Iran and against the US. quite simply people with little real knowledge (like government officials tend to be), saw a PR opportunity, and took it. think of the great headline. US built aircraft malfunction kills Iranians, many of them students returning to places like Canada to gain education.

“There are rumours that a terrorist attack, explosion or shooting at the plane may have caused the incident, but they are not true. Technical failure has been the cause of the incident," Mr. Eslami told reporters in Tehran. “Had the rumours been true, the plane must have exploded up in the air, but that has not happened, because the plane caught fire due to technical failure. That first caused its communications and control systems to stop working, and subsequently resulted in its crash.”

Iranian media have repeatedly pointed to the fact that the Boeing 737-800 is part of the same aircraft family as the Boeing 737 Max, an aircraft that has been grounded worldwide since March after two deadly accidents.
www.theglobeandmail.com...

it is of interest to note that about twelve hours or so ago when i first read THIS news story, it had more about the fact it was a 737, and trying to lay the blame on the aircraft being faulty and since it was the same type of aircraft as the 737Max, likely the cause of the crash. also going on and saying how it was an engine malfunction (again trying to relate it to the 737 Max), which brought the aircraft down. since for those who don't really know much about aircraft, the 737 Max issue was an engine issue. not understanding that the issue was that the Max has much more powerful engines. which between the special software used to counter the effects of those more powerful engines and pilot error caused them to crash. the story has since been changed only leaving this bit with the addition of

The Boeing 737-800 is an older model. Unlike the Max, which has problems with a flight-control system, the 737-800 has been seen as a reliable workhorse.

which was added into the story. likely when people like me were commenting about the fact that it is the engines that are the difference between a standard 737, and 737 Max.

but within the statements made by the Iranians quoted in the original story before they changed the story, was all laying the blame for the crash on the aircraft and it's design. and thus against Boeing and the US for the deaths of what seems to be mostly Iranian people.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You think the average Iranian radar operator knows that?

That would speak volumes on the quality of the Iranian military.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join