It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry because some Vegan food looks and tastes like meat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

If you killed and ate a Vegan, is it still eating meat?

Asking for a friend.

If I kill and eat your friend, is he still your friend?

Asking for a Vegan
heehee

How ironic in that my best friend is a head of cabbage.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If you killed and ate a Vegan, is it still eating meat?

Asking for a friend.

If I kill and eat your friend, is he still your friend?

Asking for a Vegan
heehee

How ironic in that my best friend is a head of cabbage.

I hope his name is Wilson.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

His name is Kevin.

He runs a small tattoo parlor in the Ural mountains under the direction of a yogi from the Himalayas.

And he eats meat.

It's a very bad head of cabbage.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well if he's a bad as you say, I'm sure he will extract a familiar revenge common to cruciferous veggies when eaten by people and everyone around the culprit will know that Kevin has made his mark ... and a few ounces of methane.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

His name is Kevin.

He runs a small tattoo parlor in the Ural mountains under the direction of a yogi from the Himalayas.

And he eats meat.

It's a very bad head of cabbage.

Probably the only guy that exclaims "yak" when the steak is juicy and tender.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Good ol' Bernard. The oreo thing is what I call thinking out of the box.

But I worry about those poor Oreo's. I hear that scientists are close to proving that they feel pain.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Good ol' Bernard. The oreo thing is what I call thinking out of the box.

But I worry about those poor Oreo's. I hear that scientists are close to proving that they feel pain.

Just don't let Greta know about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
People should be able to eat whatever works for them and meets their needs. It’s called freedom and we should all be embracing it. Now if some vegan starts harassing me about my diet then we have a problem. It is none of their business just as their diet is none of mine.
edit on 2020/1/9 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
People should be able to eat whatever works for them.

Then your boss can eat you.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

if you want to eat plastic whoppers, go nuts and have fun. I'll support your right to do that without question. Just don't tell me how to eat and we have no issues. I like my ribeye rare, with a tiny bit of char on the outside.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am a meat eater and I love animals. Whooo, how can she do that. You can't love animals and kill them...
Yes you can. I am also an animal, an omnivore. On a deserted island I will catch and kill and eat a bunny when I get hungry.
I am all for eating animals if the following criteria are met:

- They have a good life
- They have a swift death [without transport, queuing in death line, getting their throats slashed for religious reasons]
- They have to be consumed and not chucked on a pile because too many were slaughtered

That's it.

If they can one day grow proper artificial meat - hey I am all for it. Unfortunately I don't know what to do with all the spare cows and pigs and chickens... with no predators, we will be swamped by them, even vegetarians, that means they have to be culled, only nobody will use their dead bodies for a good cause and they will all die for nothing
But we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

So yeah give me fake grown meat. Fine.

But don't give me those chemical concoctions with more dodgy ingredients than a natural base food. Do you know what they have to do to make a fake burger? The crap that goes in there to make it taste like meat, look like meat, behave like meat when fried?

Until they grow basic actual meat, everyone who eats this toxic goo and tells me I am bad for eating healthy dead animals [and thank them before I consume the tasty buggers], has not really thought this through.
edit on 9-1-2020 by Hecate666 because: grahmehr

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

God wants us to eat animals. If he didn't, he would never have made them out of meet.

*mic drop*

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Plant diet is enough without supplements. Maybe not if you're stranded in the woods , but many modern foods are fortified with things that are not easily found in plant foods like b vitamins.

Also, plants aren't anything like animals in terms of how they suffer.

Only a psychopath would say that crushing a plant is anything like crushing a dog...

But i know you omnivores have to make lame excuses and weak arguments as to why you continue to support factory farms and other forms of animal suffering.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Or god gave us free will and the choice to choose between eating animals and plants.

Maybe adam and eve's apple was their first experience killing and eating an animal

*mic kick*

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Im actually ok with Vegans not eating meat, more for me and the less they buy the lower the cost of my ribeyes. Its a win win

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I identify as a vegetarian. I eat a plant based diet.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows, therefor I am vegetarian.
edit on 9-1-2020 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah i see.

I have been a vegetarian a bit over a month now. Not an ideological or ethical choice, it just happened somehow. For the whole December, i woke up every morning in a hangover and having meat at that point, was out of the question, due to pure disgust. Then later during the day, i was drunk again and had some peanuts or cherry tomatoes, it was easier and and a human has to eat something sooner or later.

It used to be an ideological and ethical choice. Back in the year 2006, i was sentenced to prison (mental health facility) due to thought crimes. The nurse who threw me to isolation cell, brought me meat loaf. He said "Your psychosis will never heal unless you eat this meat. And therefore, you will eat this, or you will not eat anything at all" I had been a vegetarian for 3 years at that point. I went into a really weak state of health and i ate it. My stomach freaked out and i refuse to describe it in further details, due to it would be a serious violation of ATS terms and conditions.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Edumakated

Plant diet is enough without supplements. Maybe not if you're stranded in the woods , but many modern foods are fortified with things that are not easily found in plant foods like b vitamins.

Also, plants aren't anything like animals in terms of how they suffer.

Only a psychopath would say that crushing a plant is anything like crushing a dog...

But i know you omnivores have to make lame excuses and weak arguments as to why you continue to support factory farms and other forms of animal suffering.

The thing is, you don't know if plants suffer. Again, we have plants that are carnivorous. Humans are predators. This is an evolutionary fact. We are designed to eat meat. Being a vegan is what happens when we as a society has become so prosperous and food plentiful that people try to come up with reasons not to eat.

I actually don't support factory farms and generally pay out the nose for meat that I sustainable raised. I also don't have an issue with hunters who eat their kills.

If someone wants to be vegan, I really don't care. I just don't like the holier than thou attitudes.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hey, don't use that broad brush. I personally LOVE all of the shmeat offerings lately. Don't get me wrong, I don't eat that lab created abomination nor will I ever, but I hope the majority of people do embrace it because less rats mean more cheese. I kill and process my own meat mostly, but there are times when I'd rather have beef than moose or chicken over grouse and, in those situations, (as well as in years when hunting season wasn't a success) it's nice to see reduced demand for meat because the prices stay reasonable.

So, by all means, continue with the shmeat. Add freaking angel dust to it if it means more people will choose it over a real steak.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Who's eating crushed dog?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join