It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry because some Vegan food looks and tastes like meat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I notice many individuals not simply being annoyed, but getting down-right angry because some food items emulate real meat in look and in taste.
Personally I do not consume Vegan replacement items. I enjoy whole foods
I do; however, believe replacement items are a great way to transition to a plant based diet.

I believe the exchange below is a great scenario and explanation.

Joe: "Why would you want to eat things that look and taste like meat if you're a vegan, why not just eat meat?"

Lisa: "Why would you play a video game as a shooter when you could just go out and actually shoot people?"

Joe: "Because that would make me a murderer"

Lisa: "Ta dah"

I thought that was cute and a good way to express the point. NO. I am not calling non-vegans murderers.

I put this in the rant forum because every time I mention the V word it causes a lot of ranting

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

LOL! That was funny

I don't get why anyone cares either. What does it matter? It's no sweat off anyone else's back. If anything, vegetarians leave more meat for the carnivores! But then I don't understand why so many people are so concerned about what others say and do and think anyway. So I guess I have nothing to add here really...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

LOL! That was funny

I don't get why anyone cares either. What does it matter? It's no sweat off anyone else's back. If anything, vegetarians leave more meat for the carnivores! But then I don't understand why so many people are so concerned about what others say and do and think anyway. So I guess I have nothing to add here really...

Glad you enjoyed!

I am not sure why people care either! I have come across so many people that actually get angry about it!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
People moan for the sake of moaning. You're on ATS so you should be well aware of that fact 😋

If everyone kept there noses in there own business and focused on themselves instead of everyone else, especially those that don't think like them, the world would be a much better and happier place.

Unfortunately that's about as likely as me getting superpowers from a yellow sun!

People are people.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

People that care about the shape and taste of this stuff are fools.

Their angry at the world and just need something to strike out at.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
fake meat ==
roundup & phytoestrogens

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't care what Joe and Lisa say. I'd like to ask Bernard instead.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
fake meat ==
roundup & phytoestrogens

Real meat =
Whatever the terrified, abused and in pain animal is fed, IF he/she is fed = roundup & phytoestrogens & pesticides & chemicals and God knows what else. Oh yeah and animal meat will give you cancer plus you're eating bad karma.
Have fun with those medical bills.

OMG can I say that? I've never posted here in this forum, can I be mean here? What are the rules?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't care what Joe and Lisa say. I'd like to ask Bernard instead.

Bernard said he is still doing the fish and egg-white thing with an occasional Oreo cookie thrown in for a treat

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
These Vegans pi## me off. Don't you realise that they are eating all the food that animals feed on. They will make these animals extinct if they keep it up. Are Vegans like Klingons? Do they speak a different language.
The question you should be asking is just why they want their veggie burger to look like a beefburger?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

fake meat ==
roundup & phytoestrogens

Real meat =
Whatever the terrified, abused and in pain animal is fed, IF he/she is fed = roundup & phytoestrogens & pesticides & chemicals and God knows what else. Oh yeah and animal meat will give you cancer plus you're eating bad karma.

OMG can I say that? I've never posted here in this forum, can I be mean here? What are the rules?

Meanwhile you have to take supplements since your plant diet is not enough. We are omnivores.

What are you going to eat when science proves plants feel pain or are sentient? There is already some proof of this buy the way.... let's not forget some plants are carnivores. Reconcile that one...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've been vegetarian a long time (over 20 years).

But when I look at this "vegan" bro these days ... that is malnourishment.

Dude, I think you got an eating disorder.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

When I first encountered Vegans years ago, most didn't eat meat because of harm to animals.

Most of the ones I know now are vegans for health reasons.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If you killed and ate a Vegan, is it still eating meat?

Asking for a friend.

edit on 9-1-2020 by DBCowboy because: nomnomnomnomnom

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I am wary of it because they're trying to con most of us into becoming vegans for "save the planet" type reasons, not for health reasons.

They're trying to tell us they can make fake meat that's just like the real thing, really, go on, it is ... and I can see them mandating it someday too in the name of saving the planet but not because it's actually healthy for us.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

fake meat ==
roundup & phytoestrogens

Real meat =

Meanwhile you have to take supplements since your plant diet is not enough. We are omnivores.

What are you going to eat when science proves plants feel pain or are sentient? There is already some proof of this buy the way.... let's not forget some plants are carnivores. Reconcile that one...

Please do not tell me what I have to do. I do not supplement. The supplementation thing is an old-school-school of thought. We already have a thread with dozens of pages about plants feeling pain. I will stand my ground on that point and that is: plants do not feel pain, they simply react to stimulus. There is no brain, there is no central nervous system and there is no locomotion. Without locomotion plants feeling pain or fear would go against the law of nature. It is as silly an argument as climate change

Carnivorous plants you say? Thank you for reinforcing my point on locomotion. Since carnivorous plants are entirely restricted to habitats such as bogs, where soil nutrients are extremely limited, the plant must make adaptations. They can't just get up and move ya know?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am wary of it because they're trying to con most of us into becoming vegans for "save the planet" type reasons, not for health reasons.

They're trying to tell us they can make fake meat that's just like the real thing, really, go on, it is ... and I can see them mandating it someday too in the name of saving the planet but not because it's actually healthy for us.

I understand what you are saying.

I don't do it for my own personal reasons - the animals
the health benefits that I have had were a real nice bonus. I am an athlete and body builder so I take my nutrition seriously. People need to do what they want to do, and leave others alone. Better to lead by example than try and force it on someone. Get more with sugar than with salt so to speak.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you killed and ate a Vegan, is it still eating meat?

Asking for a friend.

If I kill and eat your friend, is he still your friend?

Asking for a Vegan
heehee

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

When I first encountered Vegans years ago, most didn't eat meat because of harm to animals.

Most of the ones I know now are vegans for health reasons.

Yes the tide has changed in that regard.
I avoid it because of harm to animals. But I love the health benefits that come with it!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good ol' Bernard. The oreo thing is what I call thinking out of the box.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join