It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile defense.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
How well is the missle defense program in the u.s military?

After Iran launched a few missiles at a army base in Iraq I was wondering why the u.s. doesnt have a missle defense system in place?

Last I hear about missle defense was the Patriot. Missiles or scuds .

Recently an interview with a retired armed forces members said that a majority of the smaller army bases across the world are very vulnerable.

Right after the u.s killed that Iranian , a military base somewhere, cant recall right now was over run with the militants destroying aircraft.

Surprised that hasn't been talked about more.
Because obviously those were Iranian loyalists.

edit on 9-1-2020 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I brought it up in a thread on the evening of the attack. I saw one short little response that they cant cover the whole desert.

Im like well why not just protect your troops and your citizens financial interests?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is interesting because I am sure they do not want to be real forthcoming about its capabilities but can you ever really do a true to life test unless the SHTF?

Maybe we think we have enough based on the cost benefit compared to other hardware maybe they don't because they don't perform the way they should and hope to mitigate any damage by counter striking fast enough so the strike points are made useless.

I think if we get into a real shooting match with countries that have numerous top of the line missiles coming at us we are going to have other issues besides just the missile air defense, at what point do you start spending money on other things that could possibly have a higher impact, I don't have those answers

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Supposedly this is footage of a defense system taking care of those missiles... Check it out.

Missile Defense System

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Quick.. change your title from "Missle" to "Missile", while u can.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I also wonder how many people connected to Burisma were on that plane?

Is Iran trying to unload oil via Ukraine and Iraq? Are they all in cahoots making huge cash via sanctions?

How many Biden, Kerry, Clinton, Obama witnesses were on that plane?

Yeah, I question the lack of missle defense and the whole damn story

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If the missiles launched by the Iranians hit a barracks of sleeping soldiers. I would think that would be negligent defense.

Troops and surrounding bases should be on high defense now.

And it seems like someone's missle defense accidentally shot down that plane.

Not good
edit on 9-1-2020 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It was probably an anti-aircraft missile. That's it's job. Accidentally, that remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

It was probably an anti-aircraft missile. That's it's job. Accidentally, that remains to be seen.

Scary but these mistakes do happen...imagine iran shot down its own plane....that one of the missiles went off target?

That would suck to be iran

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Tha bases that were hit by Iran,most of them were empty and had a token defense set on automatic to at least appear to try taking some out.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Supposedly this is footage of a defense system taking care of those missiles... Check it out.

Missile Defense System

That was sick...I was imagining a single missile taking out another...not a gatling gun on steroids.

Pretty crazy

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Scary but these mistakes do happen...imagine iran shot down its own plane....that one of the missiles went off target?

That would suck to be iran

MAYBE >>.......the missiles were hacked.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Missile Defense System

That is just old stock footage. The likes of that system is for much smaller rockets and mortars. You would need the likes of Patriot missiles to take out what was launched against the US bases in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The patriots were busy elsewhere in the desert. It wasn't a high priority base until very recently. This was in several articles, but something I wondered as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

That is just old stock footage. The likes of that system is for much smaller rockets and mortars. You would need the likes of Patriot missiles to take out what was launched against the US bases in Iraq.

Incorrect
The Phalanx close in defense support system is what is used on ships for close in defensive fire support against incoming threats of any type.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Incorrect
The Phalanx close in defense support system is what is used on ships for close in defensive fire support against incoming threats of any type.

I think that a Phalanx system would be completely overwhelmed by the speed of an incoming ballistic warhead. If Phalanx could do the job of Patriot then you would see it deployed at every US base as a cheaper alternative. The warhead would simply be travelling too fast.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Which system are you talking about? There are different systems for different types of missiles.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

originally posted by: Gothmog

Incorrect

I think that a Phalanx system would be completely overwhelmed by the speed of an incoming ballistic warhead. If Phalanx could do the job of Patriot then you would see it deployed at every US base as a cheaper alternative. The warhead would simply be travelling too fast.

Do some research on the Phalanx and you will not have to think .
You will know.
And knowing is 1/2 the battle .

edit on 1/9/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
YouTube has some good videos of the different systems...still each doesn't seem too dependent.

The phalanx one seems to work when the rockets get in close range.

Iron dome in Israel take many rockets out.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
YouTube has some good videos of the different systems...still each doesn't seem too dependent.

The phalanx one seems to work when the rockets get in close range.

Iron dome in Israel take many rockets out.

RAM missiles are the new first layer of defense against incoming missiles/cruise missiles. Then you have CIWS for the closer in stuff within 5 miles or closer. LASERS will prolly replace RAM as first layer eventually so in the end we will have 3 layers of defense...until we invent shields.
Hey I wonder if nanomachines released in a swarm form could act as a shield?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join