It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thanks for more nothing then, guy.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

Thanks for more nothing then, guy.

You said:

You want to know why communists whose icons are professional liars are anti American? They are literally called leftists.

More nothing? Speak for yourself.

Do you have anything to actually say, or just want to attack and criticize the left?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When raised on a steady diet of envy of everyone and anyone else that has something that they don't you are bound to grow up miserable, nasty and hateful.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
When raised on a steady diet of envy of everyone and anyone else that has something that they don't you are bound to grow up miserable, nasty and hateful.

Or raised on a diet of fear from those not like you, one is bound to grow blaming others and projecting ones ills onto others...If that's how one has been conditioned.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Heres a starting point

www.forbes.com...

I mean...job training that results in lower employment than untrained people? Would i be mean for suggesting people are better off without job training when this is the reality?

One possibility is that the laid-off people best able to get another job did, while those who were less desirable to employers went to Blackhawk. Or it could be that the advantages from retraining are just slow to materialize; in other words, people such as Mike Vaughn, who go from senior positions to entry-level jobs, might need years to catch back up. Another possibility is that people who didn’t invest a year or two in education snapped up jobs that were gone by the time those who went to Blackhawk began searching for work.

The source your article cites gives some potential reasons as to why this may potentially be the case, in this instance with a sample size of ~1500, from one particular college in Wisconsin.

I generally don't think its "mean" to say "just dont have this welfare", I think its short sighted though as rarely do hard fast positions take time to consider the nuances of any particular situation.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
President Trump "Gets It". Says he doesn't share critical/time-sensitive information with Democrats, because THEY LEAK.

Will Not Tell Dems About Terrorist "Kills": www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

To sum the entire OP in one sentence....

Because they see all the good being done and it isn't them in charge of doing it, therefore "Orange Man/Conservatives Bad"...!!

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump "Gets It". Says he doesn't share critical/time-sensitive information with Democrats, because THEY LEAK.

Trump slammed House Democrats' nonbinding War Powers Resolution, which passed earlier in the day in a rebuke to the Soleimani strike. Trump went on to suggest that Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and "Liddle' pencil-neck" House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., would have tipped off the media about the operation had they known about it.

"They're saying, 'You should get permission from Congress, you should come in and tell us what you want to do -- you should come in and tell us, so that we can call up the fake news that's back there, and we can leak it,'" Trump said. "Lot of corruption back there."

That’s a quote from the President from your link.

He underestimated them and their hatred of the common good.

Not only would they instantly leak to the corrupt anti-American media, the dEms would be falling over themselves to alert the terrorist targets.
edit on 10 1 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thats the first thing I thought of when I heard he didn't tell them. The way Dems like Clinton, Comey, Schiff, etc... and staff handle classified info, who could blame him for not telling them. They're not to be trusted with Top Secret classified info, personally, I don't think they should be trusted period. They've proven that over and over.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I think you mean conservatism. Fear of brown people, fear of the gays, fear of transgenders, fear of social change, fear of _________.

I cannot believe you are serious.

I seem to get lumped into the role of "conservative" (and maybe I am to a large degree), but I have no fear of anyone. Brown people? Really? Find the darkest-skinned person you can find and look at their palms... they're the same color as mine! We're all brown! Some of us are a darker brown than others, but there is only one major skin hue for the human race. Trying to ascribe anything more than pigmentation to that characteristic is as ridiculous as trying to ascribe an overall characteristic to people because of eye color... eye color has a much greater color range than skin color.

Gays? I'm not really in the habit of investigating what others do in their bedrooms. Not my business. I don't care to participate, and please spare me the gory details, but other than that who cares?

Transsexuals? OK, that's a life-long major medical decision that should come down to an adult and their doctor(s). Not a parent and a doctor... I'll draw the line there because I'm more concerned about the kid's future. They can hold off until they're 18. If you want to free Willy, please use the men's room... otherwise you look like a sexual predator and I do have a problem with them. OK? Then I'm good.

Social change? I advocate for social changes all the time! You can't just lump everything that could change in society into one pile and say someone is 'afraid' of everything in that pile. It depends on the change! What change do you want? Do you want to actually help the homeless? That's social change, and Habitat for Humanity is addressing it, effectively. I not only support them, I have spent many a weekend working my butt off with them, and even got my kids involved when they were old enough. Now, do you want to legalize rape? Nope, not going along with that. Not 'afraid,' just not going along with it.

Bottom line: I am not 'afraid' of anything you listed. When you claim I am, you only show your own fear and ignorance. I am a human being, no 'better,' no 'worse' then you. You have your own thoughts and opinions; so do I. When you hate me because of my thoughts and opinions, you are establishing that I should hate you for yours. I refuse to do so. We live in a society based on freedom, and you need to understand that includes the people who disagree with you.

The only thing I fear is uncontrolled abandon of all the principles that have made us such an advanced society without care for consequences. Yeah, that scares me a little... it would scare any sane person.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Trump and the GOP are going to cut Medicaid, Medicare and already cut food stamps also and they're trying to destroy Obamacare.

BULL-SNIFFIN'-CRAP!

Son, this is ATS. You can save the outright lies for Yahoo and Facebook.

I have Medicare right now BECAUSE OF PRESIDENT TRUMP! I have SSDI right now BECAUSE OF PRESIDENT TRUMP! I received both after my wife wrote him a letter... his people had Social Security call me! I was not even aware that I was eligible until that.

Oh, yeah, and before I forget... SSDI got a COLA increase for 2020. Now where did that come from with all these 'cuts'?

Under Obamacare I had... get this... ABSOLUTELY NO HEALTH INSURANCE! If I had health insurance during that time, maybe I wouldn't be disabled today.

If you're going to spout fertilizer like that, at least try... try... to make it believable. You are showing yourself as exactly what this thread is about. The only way you could do it better is to hold a flashing neon sign over your head while you're dancing a jig in a tutu and playing a kazoo to draw attention.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
They have the illusion of authority if they are the ones condemning others. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: CynConcepts

One thing I love about ats is all the hard science and fact based observations flying around.

Definition of Science : the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

If it is shown or demonstrated to be repeatable observational experiment by others than yourself...it is a science fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Honestly, if I were a Democrat voter, I'd be freaking out right now. The Democrat politicians and the media are working so hard to get Trump re-elected, it's like they're all secretly Republicans. Blaming Trump (and in the process, our military) for Iran shooting down a civilian airliner is NOT gonna play well with voters, dummies.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh they're serious. This is a result of the left having the media in their corner non-stop for decades. They could say whatever they wanted, no matter how devoid of fact or asinine, and the media would back them up. The result is they've become intellectually impotent. They've forgotten how to actually form rational arguments. Just cry "racist!" and that'll be good enough.

It worked for a while, but now people have access to other kinds of information. They're not reliant on media to tell them what's going on. Media lies get debunked almost instantly now. But the damage is done. The media still backs the left up, but their influence is gone, so now people actually have to make solid points. They've just forgotten how. Otherwise intelligent people have turned themselves into bafoons through intellectual laziness.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
While I'm here, this would be a good time to link this thread. There was an old leftist talking point going around a few years ago about how "studies show" fear and anxiety drive conservative politics. The studies cited actually show the opposite. Since I posted that, I haven't seen that talking point used much here, but I could see it coming up in this thread. It's fake and it's been debunked.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I respect these posters points of views, cwm. Do you or any poster care to respond? I am genuinely eager to read them. Thanks!

1947boomer says,

Well, since you asked....

First of all, I am not a Democrat; I consider myself an independent. Sometimes I vote for Republicans, sometimes I vote for Democrats, sometimes I vote for none of the above. I hold some views that would be considered liberal and some views that would be considered conservative.

Second, my first University degree was in Psychology; my areas of interest were cognitive and social development theory and psychotherapy. At one point I thought I was going to be a professional psychotherapist, but then I changed course entirely and went in to Physics and Engineering.

Your question contains the premise that some Democrats are ALWAYS angry, negative, fearful or uncaring. That premise is, for all practical purposes, false. Nobody is ALWAYS those things, but everybody exhibits those characteristics at some times in their lives, because they are normal human emotions. Republicans exhibit exactly those same emotions, but they usually show them for different issues and in different directions. Take the issue of immigration, for example. Trump supporters seem to exhibit a lot of fear of Mexican murderers and rapists. (Those were pretty much the first words out of Trump's mouth when he descended his golden escalator in 2015 and announced he was running for President. He was clearly trying to connect with that fear and harness it for his political ambitions. The fact that it worked is pretty good evidence for the widespread existence of the fear in his target audience.) They appear to perceive certain immigrants (particularly ones from sh##hole countries) as a threat to their way of life. The natural reaction of fear is anger at the object that causes the fear, which basically represents a desire to get rid of the source of the fear, one way or another. Once an individual is in a state of fear and anger with regard to some object, it is pretty much axiomatic that that individual will not be seen as "caring" with regard to the welfare of that object (even if that object is another human). Quite the contrary; the motivation will be to exclude, destroy, or otherwise eliminate the perceived threat.

Many Democrats, on the other hand, view diversity within their community as a positive element and enjoy being around people with different languages, foods, dress, and religions. When an individual campaigns on a platform of aggressively reducing or eliminating that diversity, and then gets into power and begins implementing that policy, the individuals who value that diversity perceive a threat to their desired way of life. So naturally, they get angry at the perceived source of that threat and become "uncaring" with regard to that source.

The fact that you see the issue as one sided seems to me to be a pretty clear case of cognitive bias. In particular, it looks to me like you seem to be displaying both confirmation bias and affinity bias. Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms your preconceptions and to discredit information that does not support your views. Affinity bias is the tendency to be biased toward people like yourself. These biases are everywhere you look on this site.

You believe that some Democrats are ALWAYS angry probably because you never look for any evidence that would contradict that belief.

Game over man a reply to: carewemust

Bravo for your courage posting this thread in a Democratic/Liberal forum. Political Mud-Pit on Abovetopsecret.com has always had a long standing consistency of being evenly balance between both political parties ideas and opinions. Good work.

So the title of the thread, "WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?"

According to Google Americans are the following democrats 31%, republicans 24%, and the rest are independents. The US population is 327 million, granted people can have political opinions before voting age so you just described over 100 million people as negative, angry, fearful, and/or uncaring. So who cares about anyone on Abovetopsecret.com suffering from depression because you just described many forum visitors and forum members as negative, angry, fearful and uncaring, and they are ALWAYS like that, and you've never met them. Do you know any of the people you just described besides people you see on TV or the internet?

Do you think forum visitors and forum members are talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, etc?

Speaking of mainstream left wing media, your thread title implying you will talk about Democrats, not anyone specific, just Democrats as a whole, when you open up the thread, it's simply about "CNN said this about Trump."

This thread is another "CNN vs Trump" thread in the Political Mud-Pit. Why did you not name your thread "CNN said this about Trump" ? Anyone with a TV or WIFI knows CNN talks about Trump all the time. Who cares.

Back to describing over 100 million people who all have what kind of jobs? Jobs where people are negative people, angry people, fearful people, and uncaring people? So 1/3rd of all working people are all those things you said? Where is your proof? I'd like to see some proof 1/3 of all professional people are what you said. But the catch is, you didn't even talk about over 100 million Americans, you ONLY talked about "CNN and Trump." Who cares about "CNN and Trump?"

If over 100 million Americans are negative, angry, fearful, and uncaring, then what are the other 78 million (I'm assuming Republicans are the opposite, whom you didn't even describe their qualities) doing to be positive, happy, brave, and caring to the country or specifically their states and counties they reside in?

Let's just pick caring, and let's just focus on red states because I want to read specifics provided by you and other forum members. What are Republicans doing in their red states to care for the people in regards to homelessness, poverty, mental health, and physical health in their red states? Blame shifting is not an answer, linking to a right wing news site is not an answer, but linking to an actual website is an answer. What are the Republican politicians doing to help people in their states to care for them in 2020, 2021, 2022 etc? What are they actually doing? Is it working? How are things currently? If you don't know thats fine too. After all this website is just for fun.
edit on 9-1-2020 by game over man because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2020 by PartyCow because: Add post

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The age of instant access to live feeds to be informed directly has been the game changer. The populace is not as ignorant when they have instant access in the palm of their hand.

It is amazing to watch the disbelief cross someone's face when they listen live then see how it is reported by the media!

Then, on top of that, what is spoken live is captured and archived. Always retrievable. So many politicians, media lies and hypocritical biases are being exposed constantly. Not just here in America, but globally.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PartyCow

It is not what the state does, it is what the republican communities do within the states. Republicans tend to donate their time and money personally to charity organizations to assist those in needs within their more localized areas. They are more invested and involved at that level.

Taking from $10 from Paul to give to Peter more often leaves Peter only pennies, since everyone in between moving the money has to be paid a living wage. They are not personally volunteering or being charitable.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I will not answer the OP in regards to all liberals, but rather two very devout liberals I have known for many many years.

In short, they are afraid - of everything. At the top of that list is the fear of not being accepted. These two very different people, except for their political views, are both desperately seeking affirmation from anything or any one. I have watched them at social gatherings. They test the waters first making some watered-down liberal statements. Immediately their eyes start darting around looking form some form of positive reinforcement. If they fail to find it, they simply stop the liberal rhetoric. If they do find it, they glue themselves to that person and together they start looking for more of their own. As their numbers increase so does the acidity of their comments along with the volume. Given great enough numbers they turn rabid, verbally assaulting people until they agree with them or leave. When asked, they say they act that way because that is how conservatives treat them. I pointed out that before they found their little band of like-minded minions no one was verbally attacking them and the response is always the same: "Republicans are cowards. They don't have the balls to do what we do." "So, you were lying when you said republicans were doing it to you first?" "# you - fascist!"

That sums it up for me. Liberals are lying cowardly children desperately seeking any form of affirmation. Giving it to them is only enabling their delusions.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join