It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If any of you in ATS-land have psychiatric training, or education, can you explain WHY most Democrats in the United States are always Negative, or Angry, or Fearful, or Uncaring, or any combination thereof? Thank-you in advance.

-CareWeMust

Well, since you asked....

First of all, I am not a Democrat; I consider myself an independent. Sometimes I vote for Republicans, sometimes I vote for Democrats, sometimes I vote for none of the above. I hold some views that would be considered liberal and some views that would be considered conservative.

Second, my first University degree was in Psychology; my areas of interest were cognitive and social development theory and psychotherapy. At one point I thought I was going to be a professional psychotherapist, but then I changed course entirely and went in to Physics and Engineering.

Your question contains the premise that some Democrats are ALWAYS angry, negative, fearful or uncaring. That premise is, for all practical purposes, false. Nobody is ALWAYS those things, but everybody exhibits those characteristics at some times in their lives, because they are normal human emotions. Republicans exhibit exactly those same emotions, but they usually show them for different issues and in different directions. Take the issue of immigration, for example. Trump supporters seem to exhibit a lot of fear of Mexican murderers and rapists. (Those were pretty much the first words out of Trump's mouth when he descended his golden escalator in 2015 and announced he was running for President. He was clearly trying to connect with that fear and harness it for his political ambitions. The fact that it worked is pretty good evidence for the widespread existence of the fear in his target audience.) They appear to perceive certain immigrants (particularly ones from sh##hole countries) as a threat to their way of life. The natural reaction of fear is anger at the object that causes the fear, which basically represents a desire to get rid of the source of the fear, one way or another. Once an individual is in a state of fear and anger with regard to some object, it is pretty much axiomatic that that individual will not be seen as "caring" with regard to the welfare of that object (even if that object is another human). Quite the contrary; the motivation will be to exclude, destroy, or otherwise eliminate the perceived threat.

Many Democrats, on the other hand, view diversity within their community as a positive element and enjoy being around people with different languages, foods, dress, and religions. When an individual campaigns on a platform of aggressively reducing or eliminating that diversity, and then gets into power and begins implementing that policy, the individuals who value that diversity perceive a threat to their desired way of life. So naturally, they get angry at the perceived source of that threat and become "uncaring" with regard to that source.

The fact that you see the issue as one sided seems to me to be a pretty clear case of cognitive bias. In particular, it looks to me like you seem to be displaying both confirmation bias and affinity bias. Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms your preconceptions and to discredit information that does not support your views. Affinity bias is the tendency to be biased toward people like yourself. These biases are everywhere you look on this site.

You believe that some Democrats are ALWAYS angry probably because you never look for any evidence that would contradict that belief.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

So your premise is that the only murderers and rapists we don't want to be around are Mexican ones?

What about white or black ones? If I found out my neighbor was a rapist, do you think I would be less scared of him because he's a white guy than I would be of some guy who came illegally over the southern border after traveling to Mexico from Botswana or came up from El Salvador and happened to be a rapist?

What if we're talking about a murderer?

You seem to be saying I'd rather live next door to the Zodiac Killer than an illegal alien who is a murderer just because that guy happened to be someone not white.

PS - I do know that Botswana is in Africa, but it is a commonly held belief that we conservatives believe only Mexicans come over the Southern border illegally. That simply isn't so. Just about all nationalities who want to come into this country illegally know you can just more or less walk over that border, and many do it that way.

edit on 9-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

But there is more. Many of these Progressives, mainly the leadership, have availed themselves of one of the advantages that comes with power: criminal activity. Now, whenever someone even attempts to thwart their power, they have something else to fear: the repercussions of their criminal activity being uncovered. So they use whatever means they can, usually media, to get their followers fearful as well and thus keep themselves in power.

Boy oh Boy, does this sum up a lot of what we see playing out right now !

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Or at least, it lines up with your preconceived notions and biases.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

Aww C'mon on now, look at my posting history, I'm a #walkawayDem to the core, lol, was even a Bernie supporter ! It's taken years of research, life's observations and some pretty hard blows to make Peace with Reality. Our government/governments are a Criminal organization, on both sides of the aisle.

Love or Hate Trump, he has thwarted this scam and I believe given the USA and the World an opportunity to stand up against these Globalist Criminals.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Democrats are riddled with r-selection genes - caring not for anything that does not give instant personal gratification, especially at the expense of others.

Non-democrats are K-selection humans - ie: Lions - literally the exact opposite of democrats.

Morals, ethics, personal responsibility, accountability, transparency, honesty - all traits that are non-existent in r-selections.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: pexx421

Aww C'mon on now, look at my posting history, I'm a #walkawayDem to the core, lol, was even a Bernie supporter ! It's taken years of research, life's observations and some pretty hard blows to make Peace with Reality. Our government/governments are a Criminal organization, on both sides of the aisle.

Love or Hate Trump, he has thwarted this scam and I believe given the USA and the World an opportunity to stand up against these Globalist Criminals.

I don’t see it. I haven’t seen any criminals he’s sent to jail. Haven’t seen him rein in the power of those who exploit our society. Haven’t seen an iota less corruption among our representatives. And I’ve seen him toss handfuls of handouts to the very people who do the worst. He still has devos as education for Christ sake.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

You believe that some Democrats are ALWAYS angry probably because you never look for any evidence that would contradict that belief.

One thing I did notice watching all of these televised hearings in the past few years is that you can tell who is angry and who is happy more by the engrained facial lines. There are a few angry republicans but many more democrats wear the unhappy frown lines around their eyes and mouths.

Just a simple observation since it takes some time to engrave those frowning furrows or happy crows feet.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

One thing I love about ats is all the hard science and fact based observations flying around.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: chr0naut

How about all those New York comedians on late night shows that make constant fun of Republicans, and all their millions of viewers who give them those ratings.

You mean CNN and MSNBCs lineup ?

Saturday Night Live, Jimmy Fallon, Samantha Bee, Jimmy Kimmel, Robert Colbert, John Oliver, Jon Stewart (not even sure if he's still on), Sacha Baron Cohen & etc.

Are there any Republican comedians?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Dennis Miller
Tim Allen
Norm McDonald
Chad Prather
Bill Envall
Jeff Foxworthy
Adam Corrola
Jeff Dunham
Larry the Cable Guy

edit on 1/9/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Its Trump and the GOP who are always cutting things for the poor and needy, separating children from their parents on the border( all very cruel and mean things supported by the GOP) as well as trying its best to waylay Obamacare and take health insurance away from millions.

Trump cut food stamps and is trying to do more by cutting Medicare.

So who is mean and uncaring where it really counts?

Trump and the GOP.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Its Trump and the GOP who are always cutting things for the poor and needy, separating children from their parents on the border( all very cruel and mean things supported by the GOP) as well as trying its best to waylay Obamacare and take health insurance away from millions.

Trump and the GOP.

In your examples, being mean and uncaring for one group comes with the benefit of being kind to another. To pay for food stamps requires a tax investment that harms the middle class.

Robin Hood may have been a hero to some. To others he was a thief. I guess it depends on which side of that equation you are on.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump and the GOP.

In your examples, being mean and uncaring for one group comes with the benefit of being kind to another. To pay for food stamps requires a tax investment that harms the middle class.

Robin Hood may have been a hero to some. To others he was a thief. I guess it depends on which side of that equation you are on.

We’re talking about people half-starving, not taxes. It’s a difference.

And the Dems as far as fear goes are fearful Trump and his GOP followers will just cut taxes for the rich and cut aid to the poor and needy as they as Republicans always do.

It's fear for the well being of Americans who are at the bottom

That’s a righteous fear based on carrying for the needy

What do Trump and the GOP fear? That the taxes of the rich may go up.

And they claim to be Christians.

I can quote the many Biblical verses that denounce the actions of people like Trump and the GOP always trying to get the rich richer and the poor poorer.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump and the GOP.

We’re talking about people half-starving, not taxes. It’s a difference.

And the Dems as far as fear goes are fearful Trump and his GOP followers will just cut taxes for the rich and cut aid to the poor and needy as they as Republicans always do.

It's fear for the well being of Americans who are at the bottom

That’s a righteous fear based on carrying for the needy

What do Trump and the GOP fear? That the taxes of the rich may go up.

And they claim to be Christians.

I can quote the many Biblical verses that denounce the actions of people like Trump and the GOP always trying to get the rich richer and the poor poorer.

But its always at the cost of the middle class. You will say yourself that the rich get the tax breaks...so who is actually paying for the welfare?

People like me. You can understand who I might see the limiting of stuff like welfare as a kindness to me.

Besides, don't you think there could be better ways than handing out cash? Welfare does nothing for generational poverty, for example.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Trump and the GOP.

Long winded with zero proof of anything.

Great example of a deranged disturbed Democrat expecting everybody to automatically think they're right 🤣 🎯 🤣

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Quoted/Reposted to emphasize your accuracy and insight. When Hillary called Trump Supporters "DEPLORABLE", she was verbally stating the sentiment of Democrats in general. Awesome job! Thank-you.

originally posted by: The2Billies
Democrats as a whole are positive they are smarter than everyone else. This is proven in all the "studies" they have made showing they are smarter as a whole than the rest of the peons/masses. Having taught Research Methods in Univ., I know that studies like these are very easy to get the outcome you are looking for. If a progressive/liberal/Democrat wants to set out to "prove" Democrats are smarter than everyone else, it is super easy to do by manipulating the data, or limiting your pool of subjects, super, super easy and it is done all the time.

Democrats as a whole think they know how everyone else should run their lives because they are the only ones who really care about the planet, and what is best for the world. They think the rest of us are too stupid to know what we should eat, drink, etc. So they must try to force us to live the lifestyle they think is "best" for everyone.
We see this type of thinking quite clearly in the "climate" laws they want to pass. They want the rest of us to conserve energy while their leaders take private jets and own fleets of automobiles, and own several mansions they heat and A/C.

Democrats/liberals/progressives are furious that the masses won't go along with the way that they think the rest of us should live, and should think and should act, and should talk. Not them mind you, especially the leadership, the rest of us. Which is why you see the 2 tier system of Justice in the US today. Conservatives are hounded, sent to jail, doxed and reamed in social media, while progressive/liberal/Democrats who do the exact same thing have their deeds rationalized, minimized, swept under the rug.

Democrats/liberals/progressives think the USA is the worst country on the planet, after Russia, they think the USA alone oppresses and suppresses the rest of the world and is directly responsible for all the ills of the entire planet. We see this in their wanting to enact harsh environmental rules on the US, while ignoring the worlds biggest polluters - India and China, especially China where children can't even play outside because of the massive pollution in their cities. They think just punishing the USA and it's citizens will solve the problems of the world. We also saw this in Obama's apology tour, where wherever he went in the world he apologized for US, over and over.

The one and only way they can get what they want is through force. We see this several times a month when someone is beaten for wearing a hat the Democrats/liberals/progressives don't like. Not one single Democratic leader has condemned this ongoing multiple years long beating of total strangers, minding their own business, wearing a hat or t-shirt that indicates they are conservative politically.

They also dox (cyberbully), get fired (tech industry), and destroy businesses of people simply and only because the person is a conservative.

The mindset that makes progressive/liberal/Democrats so angry and hostile toward the rest of the US citizens (over 66 million), is that they think they are superior to the peon masses and the peon masses must obey. The peon masses, as seen in the election of Trump are not going to obey just because the Democrats think they are smarter, and know what is best for the USA and all of its citizens and are willing to do what they can to force others to think they are the geniuses of the world also, and to obey.

When people refuse to obey those with grandiose superiority complexes, they get angry, hostile, and hate those who don't agree with their self perception. They will resort to nearly anything, even to the point of what we are seeing now. The "talking points" of the Democrats and their sycophants in the mainstream media are nearly indistinguishable from the "talking points" of Iranian terrorists.

As someone pointed out earlier, they "care" too much, they care so much they will do absolutely anything to get in power to enact their "compassionate, loving, caring" way the rest of us should live, because they think they are smarter than the rest of us and compassionately know what is best for those too stupid to know how they should be living.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Of course, they also always leave out that traditionally, Robin stole from the oppressive government officials of the day who oppressed and stole from their own people via punitive taxation too in order to enrich themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Can you give me any proof that welfare helps people get out of their poverty to any great degree? Can you show me how the program is tailored in such a way as to enable people to free themselves from it and become self-sufficient? Why do we have to many who are second and third generation welfare now?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

We're not.
You can close the thread now.

SillyOlMe, your predominant attitude on ATS is not Negative/Angry/Fearful/Uncaring. Relax.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join