It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I agree with the majority of your broad analysis, though perhaps too broad of a stroke. I must admit that the uncaring aspect would be the broadest stroke.

Saying they are uncaring, will not help them. Acknowledging that they care too much may be more helpful in trying to help them recognize and find a balanced solution.

That is what columnist/author Bill O'reilly said yesterday about Barack Obama and Joe Biden. In talking about the Iran Nuclear Deal, they "cared" but implemented it via "appeasement", which was not the right strategy.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
From President Trump today. Democrats should cheer this...right?

Breaking News: The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals just reversed a lower court decision & gave us the go ahead to build one of the largest sections of the desperately needed Southern Border Wall, Four Billion Dollars. Entire Wall is under construction or getting ready to start!
Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ALL overly political types, regardless of party, are negative, angry, fearful, and uncaring. It's a requirement of the political cults.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Eh. I expect it’s more the main streamers who are angry, afraid, etc. because they watch too much msm. Most far lefties I know are busy traveling the world, doing yoga, drum circles, sexing, etc.

Of course, for me, I’m painted on here often as fearful, negative, etc and this couldn’t be further from the truth. I have a pretty amazing life, and don’t, as some may assume, spend my days walking around fearing danger or social circumstances. I have a good balance in life, make great money, live in a beautiful mountain town with a wonderful family. But I enjoy coming on here to debate, so people make assumptions about me because I disagree with them. I expect this is largely the case.

As to left wing media fear mongering. This is the opposite of the truth. First, there is no leftist media. If there was, they’d be 100% behind sanders instead of trying to pull him down. Secondly, I have watched “leftist” shows or podcasts and they have nothing on the hate and anger hours of people like hannity, oreilly, Limbaugh etc.

So I expect there’s a lot of projecting going on here.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: rickymouse

Joe Biden isn't a liberal, yet he always wants to physically hurt, or challenge, or insult people.

Except teenage girls, he likes to smell their hair.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Problem is, the main streamers are the loudest ones and the ones who get the limelight. So while YOU might not be that way, the worst ones are the loud left wingers. These are the ones who go out and block intersections, beat people for the color of their caps, etc. Very seldom is this the case with those on the right. And seeing democrat leaders not frown upon or denounce such behavior makes one throw them in the same mindset.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Most far lefties I know are busy traveling the world, doing yoga, drum circles, sexing, etc.

I expect there is some truth here, but not in the way you expect.

People have a need to believe in a spiritual sense. Yoga, drum circles ... those things fill a spiritual sense in our lives for people. And for the worst leftists, they've put politics in that space. It is their religion, just like it is for the worst activists and the most rabid SJW types.

When you get to that plain, it's not about policy disagreements anymore. It's about desperate good v. evil struggles and existential struggles to shape everything in a moral sense, and when you think that's what the tax percentage is all about and others disagree, of course, you're going to be very, very negative.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All is not well with the GOP

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

We're not.
You can close the thread now.

In other words "I don't agree with you so shut down this discussion."

Typical.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: rickymouse

Joe Biden isn't a liberal, yet he always wants to physically hurt, or challenge, or insult people.

Except teenage girls, he likes to smell their hair.

This is Anger/Arrogance/Stupidity. Hillary Clinton says she would obliterate Iran.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
All is not well with the GOP

ahahahaha
rino vs libertarian
neither is actually "gop"
but hey at this point take what you can get right?
nothing from the dude from utah?
how did you miss that softball?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Fear.

Fear is what always drives leftists.

Pandering, accommodating, submitting. Fear flavored with a little self loathing and guilt.

It is all fear based.

I think you mean conservatism. Fear of brown people, fear of the gays, fear of transgenders, fear of social change, fear of _________.

But if you really wanna there...

Conservatism and the neural circuitry of threat: economic conservatism predicts greater amygdala–BNST connectivity during periods of threat vs safety

Political conservatism is associated with an increased negativity bias, including increased attention and reactivity toward negative and threatening stimuli.

It has been argued that an enhanced negativity bias—the tendency to give greater attention and react more strongly toward negative vs positive stimuli (Norris et al., 2010)—predisposes individuals to gravitate toward conservative ideology, because conservatism prioritizes stability and the minimization of tangible threats, while liberal ideology prioritizes social change and egalitarianism (Jost et al., 2009; Hibbing et al., 2014). This line of reasoning is based on research demonstrating an increased bias toward negative and threatening stimuli among those who endorse conservative views (Jost et al., 2003; Hibbing et al., 2014; Lilienfeld and Latzman, 2014). Conservatism is associated with a greater attentional bias toward negative words, images and angry faces (Carraro et al., 2011; Dodd et al., 2012; McLean et al., 2014), increased interpretation of ambiguous facial expressions as threatening (Vigil, 2010) and increased physiological reactivity to negative stimuli (Oxley et al., 2008; Smith et al., 2011; Dodd et al., 2012). Moreover, the link between conservative views and sensitivity to threat has been confirmed in multiple meta-analyses (Jost et al., 2003, 2017; Burke et al., 2013).

Google Scholar

Fear and Anxiety Drive Conservatives' Political Attitudes

Peer-reviewed research shows that conservatives are generally more sensitive to threat. While this threat-bias can distort reality, fuel irrational fears, and make one more vulnerable to fear-mongering politicians, it could also promote hypervigilance, perhaps making one better prepared to handle an immediate threat.

Etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Right? Lee was about to pull his hair out.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
really?
so then where was the march by "conservatives" when the house approved articles of impeachment?
you know like the pink hat march after trump beat hillarys voluminous ass?
you know if they are "more sensitive to threat" as you posted......
no marches
no riots
only a rising stock market....
lol

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Right? Lee was about to pull his hair out.

he was on npr this morning crying about it
I was surprised mittens was not with him

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Science says liberals beliefs are linked to psychotic traits

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

“The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

“The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”

In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Indeed, and why weren't they beating down the doors like democrats were during the Kavanaugh hearing. Why weren't they bullying the democrat leaders and screaming at them like the democrats were doing to the republicans during the brief recess at the Kavanaugh meeting...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry, but the research for years has shown that conservatives in general are happier and find more meaning in our lives than liberals do. And that happens in studies where you control for religiosity or not, so you cannot chalk it all up to "the God effect" as much as you might want to.

You don't have to take my word for it. The link is a piece from the Atlantic. But if you Google search, you'll find a piece on that topic from HuffPo as well.

You can draw whatever conclusions you like and try to attribute it to whatever you want, but the reality is that if we were "fearful" we wouldn't self-report as happy for these studies.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is mostly ad homs. There are racists of all types, left and right. "Fear of brown people" is as silly as it gets, and makes your argument just about worthless on its face. That trope is what drove folks away from the DNC during Obama's years.

for what it is worth, as it regards your study...a common and reasonable biological response to changing environment is to try to achieve stasis. An example of this is the body rejecting nutrition when there is disease, which is one of the drivers of weight loss in cancer patients. Its evolutionary, and well documented.

Extracting from that...long term survival depends on the ability to reject threats. "Conservatism" is how all animals and plants have survived. Those that didn't typically went extinct.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
really?
so then where was the march by "conservatives" when the house approved articles of impeachment?
you know like the pink hat march after trump beat hillarys voluminous ass?
you know if they are "more sensitive to threat" as you posted......
no marches
no riots
only a rising stock market....
lol

There are different behavior patterns for both groups. Worldwide, generally leftists are more activist, more into political demonstrating and marching, trying to influence politics through voter base and using the system. The right generally tends more to analytics and social manipulation, assassinating those activists and leftist leaders, and buying the government. Understand here I am talking about the actual left, not the American faux left.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join