It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham says the U.S. Senate is ready to begin President Trump's Impeachment Trial Next Week, if FEARFUL-ANGRY DEMOCRAT House Leader Nancy Pelosi sends the two House-passed Impeachment Articles over to the Senate this week.

Graham is introducing a resolution today (Thursday) designed to force Pelosi to transmit the articles immediately.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: carewemust
How about all those New York comedians on late night shows that make constant fun of Republicans, and all their millions of viewers who give them those ratings.
LOL

Making fun of a political group doesn't mean that political group is hurting people, or the country.

Yeah. That's true, but humor has always been the the human response to tyrannical officialdom.

I mean look at Monty Python or just about any comedic response to authoritarianism.

It just is.

And it always will be funny when some pompous 'public figure' gets parodied.

Yeah, I see that. Certainly laughed.

Some don't.

Kind regards,

Bally

P-p-p-policy. Of course we have one somewhere. Some. Somewh....

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

How about all those New York comedians on late night shows that make constant fun of Republicans, and all their millions of viewers who give them those ratings.
LOL

Making fun of a political group doesn't mean that political group is hurting people, or the country.

Yeah. That's true, but humor has always been the the human response to tyrannical officialdom.

I mean look at Monty Python or just about any comedic response to authoritarianism.

It just is.

And it always will be funny when some pompous 'public figure' gets parodied.

Yeah, I see that. Certainly laughed.

Some don't.

Kind regards,

Bally

P-p-p-policy. Of course we have one somewhere. Some. Somewh....

You crack me up.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Good Question cwm.... it's probably a combo of many things, but I think part of it is laziness. This thought occurred to me while watching a bunch of " scholars " discussing all the studies they've done on the reasons for homelessness. These folks who teach kids to " work smarter, not harder " fail to recognize that dealing with this problem requires a lot of Hard Work !!

Let's see if I can explain this correctly. Dealing with crazy, drug addicted and often violent people SUCKS, No one wants to do this really. Try helping these types and you'll quickly find out that " no good deed goes unpunished " Many of these people simply have no desire to help themselves and deal with the "hassles" that real life requires. They act like children who throw tantrums when asked to do their chores. Many years ago, we tried to help a single homeless mother , we allowed her and her child to move in with us, rent free, until she could get a job and save enough money to get her own place. After 2 mns of her not finding a job, leaving her child with us while she went out and partied, I finally challenged her lack of effort and this woman went ballistic !! Screaming and yelling that I had no idea how hard her life had been, and it probably was if she was raised the way she was raising her own child. To this day my heart breaks for her kid.

She ended up leaving in a huff, dragging her child with her and moved in with her new loser boyfriend. We never heard from her again, IDK, somewhere along the way she decided that her hardships justified not working, she used her kid as a cash cow and sympathy and basically became a Negative, Angry con artist.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I understand the human trait(s) you're referring to. My wife and I used to work with homeless/unemployed people in Chicago, as part of our church outreach.

After a couple of years, I threw in the towel. They are simply USERS. Not dumb at all. Just lazy leeches.

One of female homeless did get hired by the city of Chicago and is learning to be a bus driver now. If she can "stay clean", that will make my wife very happy. She never gave up on them like I did. (A Schoolteacher. Everyone's a diamond that just needs polishing.)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If Democrats were not so cynical, they would give President Trump the credit he deserves for helping Justice Ruth Ginsburg fight off her latest bout with cancer.

Today, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg announced that she is once again, CANCER FREE!

Source: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

God Bless your wife and I'm sure that she's right many can still be helped. Unfortunately, those are probably the ones less likely to ask for help, homeless vets for example, too much pride.

Just started to read Ahabstar's thread and Pessimistic bullies is exactly the type we're talking about, very good thread so far.
Using anger to bully others into not challenging their destructive behaviors, lol, teenagers do this well too. Kids growing up believing life is always fair end up quite pissed when they find out it's not. You and I have talked in other threads and I'm just finally truly starting to understand the damage being done to our kids and accepting my own participation in it. I'm literally having to re-educate my millennial child in many ways, she just didn't learn the work ethic I have and ironically my working so much when she was growing up probably contributed to it. Crazy huh?

Before I went off on a tangent about the lazy pessimistic bullies, lol, the point I meant to make was about intellectual and political " Debbie Downers " I think part of their problem is justifying their own unwillingness to do any of the heavy lifting in dealing with hard problems, just do another useless study, spend more money on bureaucracies, while really just protecting their own self interests by convincing everyone else how terrible things are and how much we need them.

Kids should learn to solve problems in a hands on way, marching through the streets causing chaos is meaningless to actually solving problems like homelessness or climate change for example. The lazy adults get their feel good fix, traumatize their kids without helping anything! These types have no interest in actually rolling up their sleeves and doing the community work needed to really address difficult problems. That's even cool if you don't want to deal with it, but be honest about it, do your thing and quit trying to impose your fake concern onto others with non-stop victim-isms.

edit on 9-1-2020 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
it's an act.

When Democrat leaders "act", people suffer. They need to cut it out.

not saying they don't.

but it's politics. divide and conquer, remember? somebody's gotta be an asshole. this time it's the dems. with a pinch of insanity added to the mix, since anything less wouldn't cut it.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Because they choose to be.

It's a sad existence being a D.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Because they choose to be.

It's a sad existence being a D.

it's more sad when political affiliation defines you as a person, or get you killed...

the Dems are really angry and murderous, all ... all of them...🎅 and the conservatives are the exact opposite.

Only in America (and 3rd world countries)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Democrats are hypocrites just like Republicans.

They're acting like Trump is out of line when Obama had the same executive power, and used it to get us involved in further conflicts.

Many on the right complained about Obama's use of executive power, and rightfully so.

Both presidents have used national security and Americans killed as justification for their actions. It's not about national security, it's about foreign interests. And our American troops get killed because we've kept them in sovereign nations who had nothing to do with 9/11 for going on 20 years.

Iran has allegedly killed US citizens and soldiers in the area by proxy. I don't take this lightly, but I don't know if full scale conflict would be the best option.

The reason I don't think it would be the same option, is because I don't trust the motives of any administration who kisses the hands of Saudis and then tells me who we should go to war with... That is conflicting.

So careyoumust. My long overdrawn answer is your point about Democrats who slurp up CNN is correct. But the ilk who do the same with Fox News and the right are just the same.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

As a probation officer, my mom dealt with this mentally ALL the time.

Blame present situation on the past and take no personal responsibility going forward.

Her question to them was always "How long are you going to use that as a crutch?" And consistently, they were confused by the question, and needed it explained to them how they always used their past to justify making really bad choices today. Pretty much fell on deaf ears most of the time she says, but from time to time it would sink in, sometimes years later she would even get a heartfelt 'thank you'.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a trained psychologist (pronounced "sick'-aw-lo-gist"), but I am a lifelong observer of human behavior. I'll give it a shot.

One quick note: I am not speaking of anyone who considers themselves a "Democrat." I am speaking of those who constantly exhibit the properties carewemust has outlined. I personally refer to them as "Progressives" until such time as they outlaw that word and force me to choose another.

Ahabstar referenced "pessimistic bullies." I think that's pretty apt. The tendency I have noted is that these Progressives attempt to bully others into accepting their pessimistic attitudes. One example would be Antifa: their tactic of choice is to flood the streets of a particular area and threaten, intimidate, and even attack anyone who they believe doesn't agree with their 'protest.' That is obviously "bully" behavior. Another is the cap ordeal: Progressives seem to get upset at a cap containing the letters M-A-G-A, which stand for "Make America Great Again." Now, anyone with two functioning neurons to rub together can see that the USA is a great country. We led the Industrial Revolution, lead in exploring space, have a military that is technologically superior, and our people generally have a high standard of living compared to most of the world. That's not to say we haven't made mistakes; we certainly have! Slavery, the Trail of Tears, improper use of our military... yeah, we did all that, but it didn't make America great. So the slogan does not cover that... it simply expresses a desire to make America great. What American wouldn't want that? But time and time again we see the weakest in society, children primarily, abused for wearing a cap that simply expresses a desire to make America a great country.

Those are bully tactics.

So let's examine what it is that causes someone to use bully tactics. The typical bully is also a coward. They are perpetually scared. The bully tactics serve as a constant source of reassurance of their own self-worth and ability. If they can beat up someone, it tells them that they are physically powerful... if that person they beat up is smaller than them, that is a detail they can overcome in their mind. Their victim wasn't chosen because they were small or weak; they just happened to be small or weak... at least that's what the bully tells themselves.

That source of reassurance is there to combat fear. In a schoolyard, that fear is typically attributable to a deep-seated sense of inferiority, and that can come from many sources. Some feel inferior due to learning difficulties, and those can be due to a number of factors as well: overactive metabolism, a tendency to not pay attention, an actual learning disorder, or just a rebellious streak. Whatever the core reason, they feel fear that they are inadequate for whatever is coming next in life, and supplant this fear by proving their physical prowess over and over.

Even this proof of their physical prowess is false, however. I have yet to see a bully who acted alone. Usually there are several together: one acts as the ringleader, the instigator of the bullying, and the rest back him up. Without the backup, the bullying behavior is curtailed. This reinforces the concept of fear being the driving force behind the bullying, as without fear, their actions would not be so dramatically different when acting alone.

So now that we have established fear as the driving force, what could so many people be so afraid of? Well, the future is always a constant source of fear for many. We live in a fairly chaotic world, and our lives can be ripped asunder at any moment. I once was talking to a friend whose wife had just died in a car accident. He called me and kept repeating, "I'm a widow." His whole world was shattered, and he was helpless to do anything about it. A medical diagnosis, a fall, an announcement at work... all can have sudden, unexpected, serious repercussions on our lives.

Yet, many handle this while many do not. What is the difference? I am going to go out on a limb here and say, a belief in good over evil. Yeah, that sounds corny, but most religions are based in this one principle. Those who handle life's vagrancies well typically say things like "everything will work out in the end," while those who do not handle them so well will say something along the lines of "my life is ruined!" Well, the simple fact is they are both right.

I believe we have fear, based on a lack of belief in good over evil, anger at those who seemingly ignore their cries for help, and a lack of compassion because they are too concerned with their own survival, all to blame for the recent actions of these Progressives. The sad truth is, they do not know how to handle life itself, and that terrifies them. they seek comfort in numbers, in asserting themselves in protests, and in the safety of their echo chambers. The very thought that someone else might take some of their control from them is horrifying.

But there is more. Many of these Progressives, mainly the leadership, have availed themselves of one of the advantages that comes with power: criminal activity. Now, whenever someone even attempts to thwart their power, they have something else to fear: the repercussions of their criminal activity being uncovered. So they use whatever means they can, usually media, to get their followers fearful as well and thus keep themselves in power.

Little do they know, that is unsustainable and always has been.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Because they've always thought their better stock than anyone else but reality is slowly kicking in.

What to do when you finially realize your no better than anyone else - you become angry, fearful, uncaring and then negitive about where that road will take you.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You mean CNN and MSNBCs lineup ?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

They have a mental illness.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree with the majority of your broad analysis, though perhaps too broad of a stroke. I must admit that the uncaring aspect would be the broadest stroke. What I have seen from my friends on the left is that they care too much. They have no balance of caring in their personal lives and it is reflected outwardly.

They care so much that they feel helpless and they group together for strength in hopes of answers but their pessimistic views leaves them more victimized. Thus they react out of fears rather than logical thoughtful actions.

They grasp onto inspiring immediate solutions simply because it momentarily gives them the feeling of strength. Unfortunately, rushed illogical solutions often create another cycle of victimization and they emotionally start all over again, still unbalanced.

Saying they are uncaring, will not help them. Acknowledging that they care too much may be more helpful in trying to help them recognize and find a balanced solution.
edit on 1 9 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Democrats as a whole are positive they are smarter than everyone else. This is proven in all the "studies" they have made showing they are smarter as a whole than the rest of the peons/masses. Having taught Research Methods in Univ., I know that studies like these are very easy to get the outcome you are looking for. If a progressive/liberal/Democrat wants to set out to "prove" Democrats are smarter than everyone else, it is super easy to do by manipulating the data, or limiting your pool of subjects, super, super easy and it is done all the time.

Democrats as a whole think they know how everyone else should run their lives because they are the only ones who really care about the planet, and what is best for the world. They think the rest of us are too stupid to know what we should eat, drink, etc. So they must try to force us to live the lifestyle they think is "best" for everyone.
We see this type of thinking quite clearly in the "climate" laws they want to pass. They want the rest of us to conserve energy while their leaders take private jets and own fleets of automobiles, and own several mansions they heat and A/C.

Democrats/liberals/progressives are furious that the masses won't go along with the way that they think the rest of us should live, and should think and should act, and should talk. Not them mind you, especially the leadership, the rest of us. Which is why you see the 2 tier system of Justice in the US today. Conservatives are hounded, sent to jail, doxed and reamed in social media, while progressive/liberal/Democrats who do the exact same thing have their deeds rationalized, minimized, swept under the rug.

Democrats/liberals/progressives think the USA is the worst country on the planet, after Russia, they think the USA alone oppresses and suppresses the rest of the world and is directly responsible for all the ills of the entire planet. We see this in their wanting to enact harsh environmental rules on the US, while ignoring the worlds biggest polluters - India and China, especially China where children can't even play outside because of the massive pollution in their cities. They think just punishing the USA and it's citizens will solve the problems of the world. We also saw this in Obama's apology tour, where wherever he went in the world he apologized for US, over and over.

The one and only way they can get what they want is through force. We see this several times a month when someone is beaten for wearing a hat the Democrats/liberals/progressives don't like. Not one single Democratic leader has condemned this ongoing multiple years long beating of total strangers, minding their own business, wearing a hat or t-shirt that indicates they are conservative politically.

They also dox (cyberbully), get fired (tech industry), and destroy businesses of people simply and only because the person is a conservative.

The mindset that makes progressive/liberal/Democrats so angry and hostile toward the rest of the US citizens (over 66 million), is that they think they are superior to the peon masses and the peon masses must obey. The peon masses, as seen in the election of Trump are not going to obey just because the Democrats think they are smarter, and know what is best for the USA and all of its citizens and are willing to do what they can to force others to think they are the geniuses of the world also, and to obey.

When people refuse to obey those with grandiose superiority complexes, they get angry, hostile, and hate those who don't agree with their self perception. They will resort to nearly anything, even to the point of what we are seeing now. The "talking points" of the Democrats and their sycophants in the mainstream media are nearly indistinguishable from the "talking points" of Iranian terrorists.

As someone pointed out earlier, they "care" too much, they care so much they will do absolutely anything to get in power to enact their "compassionate, loving, caring" way the rest of us should live, because they think they are smarter than the rest of us and compassionately know what is best for those too stupid to know how they should be living.

edit on 1/9/20 by The2Billies because: addition grammar format

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
People needs something to believe in, a greater god. For some it's religion, other choose politics, both rejects facts when challenged.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

We're not.
You can close the thread now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join