It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY are Democrats Always Negative or Angry or Fearful or Simply UnCaring?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I live in a Conservative part of the USA. I only know a handful of full on liberals. A few people at work and church, and a few family members. So it's a small sample set. But let me tell you 100% of them are miserable and mean and ready to shout you down on any political topic 24/7. Walking talking complainers. They generalize about "Republicans" even though 90% of the people around them are Republicans and don't do any of the things they are generalizing about.

110% of sweet, juicy irony.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Ass used to be the wisest of all gods creatures.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is usually the liberals that are like that, not necessarily the Democrats. Liberals want change, but often do not properly evaluate the changes they want to make. They get mad when conservatives tell them no, so they are constantly riled up. If they were to actually evaluate the side effects of the change, they would see that it overall probably is not good, but belief in their way of life keeps them from even considering the mess they would create.

The farther left, the more demanding and less able to see any consequences of their actions. It is a bad idea to let the hard left run this or any country, their inability to properly evaluate risk or side effects is not good. The increase in crime in this country can be considered a result of liberal policies and their poorly thought out social engineering changes they incorporated. Change is good if it is well thought out and properly implemented, the Democrats do not evaluate risk and side effects properly, they seem to act before they think things through a lot more than Republicans.

If someone does not have insight and patients to do things they should not be involving themselves into adjusting society.

Actually, real liberals tend to hover closer toward anarchy than more government involvement.

"Give me liberty or give me death" is a very liberal statement from the very liberal Patrick Henry.

But here's the thing, a society that has liberty must instill in itself individual responsibility. We need to make the personal decision, as a choice, to raise our families to respect the rights of others.

Instead, on both sides of the Republican v. Democrat dichotomy, we are raising families concerned not with respecting the rights of others but rather simply demanding everyone respect our own personal rights. While seemingly only a difference in semantics, the two philosophies are poles apart. One is based in humility and the other in pride. Which is which is obvious, though I fear we will not make that realization enmasse until many many more people are incarcerated, placed in work gulags, or simply snuffed off the face of the planet.

Alexis de Tocqueville was spot on, America was great because America was good. Now? It seems Americans cherish being the most righteous person in the country rather than just simply being a good person.

Want to really make America great again? Great, then raise more families based on humility, grace, and justice. Until then, America isn't great, it's just another society chasing the tails of others.

Liberty: freedom from external (as governmental) restraint, compulsion, or interference in engaging in the pursuits or conduct of one's choice to the extent that they are lawful, picks no pockets, and not harmful to others

A person that calls themselves a liberal and does not live to achieve that definition for society is lying to themselves about who they are. A person calling some other person a liberal when that some other person is asking for more government intervention, regulation, or taxation is either ignorant, brainwashed, or set on being deceitful.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Ones idea of liberation, is anothers tyranny.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

It's the progressive word game. Change the terms to sound positive until people realize what you really are; then, do it again.

That's where the terminology shifts come from.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: carewemust
Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Here are a few recent examples that will suffice to get the point across. If you want to add more, you're welcome to do so.

This morning, President Trump delivered a speech, stating that he wants Iran to prosper, and enter constructive peace talks with the U.S. and NATO.

CNN is Owned and Operated by Democrats. Here is that TV Network's NEGATIVE Response:

(CNN)President Donald Trump gave a speech on Wednesday that combined attenuated versions of his standard repertoire: boasts, threats and digs against former President Barack Obama. Even before he said "Good morning," he declared, that Iran will never have a nuclear weapon under his watch. Then he added, "the American people should be extremely grateful and happy."

Perhaps he meant grateful to him, even as he noted that no Americans were killed when Iran fired missiles into a US base in Iraq.

But it's too soon for Trump to declare victory in this episode, much less on his overall Iran strategy.

This is far from over, and there's a long way to go before the US killing of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani, and its aftermath, turn into a true victory for the United States -- before it saves lives, as Trump has argued it did; helps stabilize the Middle East; and allows American troops to leave the region without creating a vacuum that Iran and Russia will happily fill.
https***://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/opinions/trump-speech-iran-tactic-ghitis/index.html (Broke URL on purpose to limit click-throughs)

Even though President Trump wants PEACE with IRAN, an ANGRY Democrat, U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, is introducing a resolution tomorrow that will limit President Trump's ability to strike Iran militarily. Democrats are ANGRY, because the President killed an Iranian Terrorist-General last week, after he had killed hundreds, and maimed thousands of U.S. Troops and Civilians, using a variety of explosive devices.

Democrat-Owned NBC: www.nbcnews.com...

Out of FEAR, several Democrat Congressmen recently sent a formal letter to U.S. Attorney William Barr and Federal Prosecutor John Durham, asking for their resignations. Barr and Durham are investigating possible past/present corruption at the highest levels of the DOJ/FBI/StateDept/CIA.

What Are They Afraid Of?: ctmirror.org...

Democrats in charge of the nations largest cities are historically UNCARING. These cities have the highest per-capita crime rates, and poverty levels that are twice the national average. UnCaring Democrats have been in charge for decades, with little to no improvement of conditions. In the California Democrat strongholds of San Francisco and Los Angeles, poverty and homelessness have actually worsened over the past 10 years.

Democrat City Leaders' Apathy: amac.us...

Even if you look back at when Democrat Barack Obama was President, DEMOCRAT VOTERS were Negative, Angry, Fearful, and UnCaring...sometimes all of those emotions occurred simultaneously. The self-destructive result?

Every president sees his party lose hundreds of positions — it's the price a party holding the White House often pays — but no president has come close to Obama.

During Obama's eight years in office, the Democrats have lost more House, Senate, state legislative and governors seats than under any other president.

When Obama took office, there were 60 Democratic senators; now there are 46. The number of House seats held by Democrats has shrunk from 257 to 188.

There are now nine fewer Democratic governors than in 2009. Democrats currently hold fewer elected offices nationwide than at any time since the 1920s.
March 2016 NPR: www.npr.org...

If any of you in ATS-land have psychiatric training, or education, can you explain WHY most Democrats in the United States are always Negative, or Angry, or Fearful, or Uncaring, or any combination thereof? Thank-you in advance.

-CareWeMust

So you are complaining because pelosi wants trump to follow our laws of war declaration? A responsibility that falls on Congress?

You people are ridiculous and have zero ability to discern right from wrong.

Also, there are now more Democratic governors than when Trump took office. There are more democratic members of the House than when he took office. feel free to stay in your way back machine and ignore the present.

..........and more Democrats walking away because they’re sick of your insanity and idiocy.
Knock yourself out Nancy.

Speaking of Insanity and Idiocy, a new ATS thread was started today that further illustrates Liberal absurdity.

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Here are a few recent examples that will suffice to get the point across. If you want to add more, you're welcome to do so.

This morning, President Trump delivered a speech, stating that he wants Iran to prosper, and enter constructive peace talks with the U.S. and NATO.

CNN is Owned and Operated by Democrats. Here is that TV Network's NEGATIVE Response:

(CNN)President Donald Trump gave a speech on Wednesday that combined attenuated versions of his standard repertoire: boasts, threats and digs against former President Barack Obama. Even before he said "Good morning," he declared, that Iran will never have a nuclear weapon under his watch. Then he added, "the American people should be extremely grateful and happy."

Perhaps he meant grateful to him, even as he noted that no Americans were killed when Iran fired missiles into a US base in Iraq.

But it's too soon for Trump to declare victory in this episode, much less on his overall Iran strategy.

This is far from over, and there's a long way to go before the US killing of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani, and its aftermath, turn into a true victory for the United States -- before it saves lives, as Trump has argued it did; helps stabilize the Middle East; and allows American troops to leave the region without creating a vacuum that Iran and Russia will happily fill.
https***://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/opinions/trump-speech-iran-tactic-ghitis/index.html (Broke URL on purpose to limit click-throughs)

Even though President Trump wants PEACE with IRAN, an ANGRY Democrat, U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, is introducing a resolution tomorrow that will limit President Trump's ability to strike Iran militarily. Democrats are ANGRY, because the President killed an Iranian Terrorist-General last week, after he had killed hundreds, and maimed thousands of U.S. Troops and Civilians, using a variety of explosive devices.

Out of FEAR, several Democrat Congressmen recently sent a formal letter to U.S. Attorney William Barr and Federal Prosecutor John Durham, asking for their resignations. Barr and Durham are investigating possible past/present corruption at the highest levels of the DOJ/FBI/StateDept/CIA.

Democrats in charge of the nations largest cities are historically UNCARING. These cities have the highest per-capita crime rates, and poverty levels that are twice the national average. UnCaring Democrats have been in charge for decades, with little to no improvement of conditions. In the California Democrat strongholds of San Francisco and Los Angeles, poverty and homelessness have actually worsened over the past 10 years.

Even if you look back at when Democrat Barack Obama was President, DEMOCRAT VOTERS were Negative, Angry, Fearful, and UnCaring...sometimes all of those emotions occurred simultaneously. The self-destructive result?

Every president sees his party lose hundreds of positions — it's the price a party holding the White House often pays — but no president has come close to Obama.

During Obama's eight years in office, the Democrats have lost more House, Senate, state legislative and governors seats than under any other president.

When Obama took office, there were 60 Democratic senators; now there are 46. The number of House seats held by Democrats has shrunk from 257 to 188.

There are now nine fewer Democratic governors than in 2009. Democrats currently hold fewer elected offices nationwide than at any time since the 1920s.

If any of you in ATS-land have psychiatric training, or education, can you explain WHY most Democrats in the United States are always Negative, or Angry, or Fearful, or Uncaring, or any combination thereof? Thank-you in advance.

-CareWeMust

So you are complaining because pelosi wants trump to follow our laws of war declaration? A responsibility that falls on Congress?

Also, there are now more Democratic governors than when Trump took office. There are more democratic members of the House than when he took office. feel free to stay in your way back machine and ignore the present.

..........and more Democrats walking away because they’re sick of your insanity and idiocy.
Knock yourself out Nancy.

Speaking of Insanity and Idiocy, a new ATS thread was started today that further illustrates Liberal absurdity.

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ha ha haaaa

That was quick.

And such an apt example of libtarded idiocy and total mental deficiency.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PartyCow
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Maybe they feel it’s off putting to have someone follow them around at social gatherings?
Your post reads like fiction. Desperate and meek, to rabid?

media3.giphy.com...

You don't have to follow them far at these functions. The houses aren't that big.

Desperate and meek to rabid...yes, that sums it up nicely. Sorry if you feel it reads like fiction. Your opinion has no bearing whatsoever on the truth. I think perhaps you want it to read like fiction because that truth is one you are uncomfortable with.

The concept of growing numbers increasing the group-think and general "size of the balls" of the people involved is nothing new. One or two people amidst a crowd of opposing views are always timid, regardless of how violent and hateful they truly are. Common sense says if you are going to make statements you know to be inflammatory you keep your mouth shut until the numbers are on your side, then make your move. I know liberals aren't the sharpest pencils in the box, but I give them that much credit. Even the dullest life-form has a sense of self-preservation.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

If you ever want to know who you are dealing with, don't bother looking at the way they treat those over them... look at how they treat those they have power over.

A person will not treat those who can harm them badly... that's just human nature. If I am considering dealing with an individual, I look at how they treat their employees, the waitress serving them, a janitor... how they treat those people is how they would like to treat everyone. I judge companies by how they treated me when I drove a truck. I'll not buy Sherwin Williams paint, for instance... I would rather drive 100 miles to find Behr, simply because I was treated well by Behr when I delivered, and like a piece of dirt by Sherwin-Williams. Same with Publix... not gonna be shopping there.

When someone is alone or badly outnumbered in a social setting, they will always be meek. That's not an indicator of who they are; it is an indicator of who they are trying to be out of forced respect for numbers. The real indicator is who they are when they outnumber those with opposing viewpoints. I cannot judge the Republicans by their actions in the House, because they are out of power, but I can judge the Democrats. after next January I will be able to judge the Republicans.

The one area in which this does not always work is the Internet, because even though someone may be outnumbered, they are shielded by a sense of immunity. I have noticed that people tend to be themselves online... even when trolling, that is just an indication of how they want to treat everyone.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I seem to recall the Republicans being the biggest fearleaders back after 9/11. I think what they do is every couple of elections they trade the clown suit and let the other party wear it for a while.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Shouldn't this be in the MUD-PIT? Not sure it's safe to reply, otherwise.

Several logical reasons, it appears to me.

1. Most DEMS are sold out to the Marxist globalist oligarchy goals & strategies. That includes Alinsky's rules etc. That includes hostility to any & everything POTUS does at all costs regardless of how absurdly hypocritical & irrational. Killing a horrific terror leader who was responsible for 100's of American deaths via IED's is triggering outrage on the part of the DEM terrorist supporters & apologiests. If President Trump cured cancer, they'd be outraged at the "loss" of cancer.

2. Most DEMS are hostile to ANYONE OR ANYTHING that would DARE to suggest they reign in their hedonism, rebellion, anarchy, hypocrisies, duplicities, . . . that includes POTUS, God, Christians, anyone or anything. And do NOT confuse them with FACTS. They'll just rationalize, side-step, obfuscate etc.

Example:

www.youtube.com...

3. Uncaring? Actually, they are. They USE blather about the poor etc. as a strategy to GRASP & MAINTAIN *POWER* over the serfs & slaves. Actually they've happily kept blacks down on the welfare plantation for eons. They are too chronically arrogant & selfish to be very sacrificially servant heartedly caring.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Goes back to part in Rush Hour:

Right after that, the radio gets turned on loud, so Lee switches it. He finds the Beach Boys and says, "Beach Boys! Great American music."

That's when this exchange takes place:

Lee:
I am not responsible for your assumption.

Carter:
You full of #, you understand me, you full of #.

Lee:
Not being able to speak is not the same as not speaking. You seem as if you like to talk. I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of # they are.

Carter:
What the hell did you just say? "I let people talk, blah blah blah" so I'm the one full of #?

Lee:
We both full of #.

Carter:
You full of #.

That always reminds me of the internet. People talking. People making assumptions. People full of it. But we do get to see how nasty we are.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

-CareWeMust

Hmmm...speaking of discernment...Let's see and listen to what Nancy Pelosi said in 2011 regarding the need for Congress to give approval before executive action is taken.

Looks to me that Nancy would be in agreement with Trump if he only had that pesky letter 'D' affilliation! Looks like Nancy is the rediculous one!
edit on 1 11 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

The way people treat someone they don't have to be nice to is a perfect indicator of who they really are. And hiding behind a keyboard is just an extension of the perception of safety in numbers. Any device, mechanism, or barrier that provides a sense of security or allows them to escape blame serves the same purpose. Group-think is what it comes down to. As the numbers in the group grow so does the perception of individual blamelessness. "I" didn't do anything wrong - it was "the group". Any and all sense of personal responsibility is sacrificed at the altar of self righteous loathing for anyone who is not part of 'the group'.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Nancy Pelosi has never spoken out against Maxine Waters's rhetoric, either. Rhetoric like this:

Only a reckless, cowardly, impeached international laughing stock would order a deadly drone strike from a golf resort before running off to a rally to be worshipped by the few evangelicals who still support him. A real President would’ve immediately shared info w/ Congress.
Sick woman: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Eh. I expect it’s more the main streamers who are angry, afraid, etc. because they watch too much msm. Most far lefties I know are busy traveling the world, doing yoga, drum circles, sexing, etc.

Of course, for me, I’m painted on here often as fearful, negative, etc and this couldn’t be further from the truth. I have a pretty amazing life, and don’t, as some may assume, spend my days walking around fearing danger or social circumstances. I have a good balance in life, make great money, live in a beautiful mountain town with a wonderful family. But I enjoy coming on here to debate, so people make assumptions about me because I disagree with them. I expect this is largely the case.

As to left wing media fear mongering. This is the opposite of the truth. First, there is no leftist media. If there was, they’d be 100% behind sanders instead of trying to pull him down. Secondly, I have watched “leftist” shows or podcasts and they have nothing on the hate and anger hours of people like hannity, oreilly, Limbaugh etc.

So I expect there’s a lot of projecting going on here.

Hi everyone, I am Scooter. 4th time poster, long time lurker. I just wanted to chime in on this post as it seems spot on and due to that it is going to twist up some panties...lol

Now for the actual reply:
Well Pexx, if that is truly your life congratulations, you seem to be one of the so called "Democratic Elites" and are probably one of the somewhat rare rural democrats. Maybe living in the suburbs or a smaller metro area. Individuals who are financially secure usually are not as fearful as those who have to scrape by day by day. And the things they do fear are far different than the things feared by the poor Dems. Pelosi would probably describe her life much as you did, and it would be very true(except the drum circle part...lol). But most Democrat voters live nothing like that, especially since most live in the large inner cities. Most of them do not even know anyone that has left the State they reside in, much less traveled the world. Many of them were unemployed until President Trumps election, and fortunately now that is changing for them. A few of them may have tried yoga, but I highly doubt many have become daily adherents to the practice. They're too busy trying to survive and make a living.

If you really believe there is no left wing media, especially concerning the MSM, you are either naive or ignorant of the facts. Or you are so deep into the echo chamber that you see left wing media as "just the media" and FOX as an anomoly and right wing fringe media. When it comes to Sanders they are scared to death he may win and that is why they are not behind him. They have been given their talking points and they will stick to them until told to do otherwise. There was even an article alluding to this predicament just this week, Google it. It was about Obama and his henchmen fearing just that, but yet not having a clue how to stop him.

The above reasons may be why you do not see yourself as the thread OP describes. I have a cousin who may be same. She is very upper middle/lower high class and strongly a rabid Dem. Her husband is an architect who owns his own company and she was a housewife that raised a daughter. They live in Indiana which is very much a red State, but they are rural Democrats, or at least she is. Her husband never talks politics, but I believe that is due to professional/financial interest, as well as his views being diametrically opposed to his wifes and wanting peace at home...lol

From her Facebook post you would think she was out marching in the streets every weekend for the environment/gay rights/gun control or any other leftist whine de jour. She is always screaming "VOTE BLUE" while spewing hate about anything the GOP does, even to the point of killing them. But in reality she lives in a $800,000 house and drives a Mercedes, but has a minivan(also Mercedes)for shopping/daily errands. Now that he has retired they tour the USA in a cheap $350,000 RV. But recently they traded it in on a $500,000 one while on the road that "she just had to have after seeing!" The ONLY reason she is a Dem is because her parents were and that is how she was raised. At least that was the answer she gave when I asked her, even though she could not name one Dem accomplishment in the last 3 years. She does not live like the usual working class Dem and when surrounded by them she darn sure cannot relate to them. When driving through an inner city, she is the first to lock her door. And God forbid a homeless person approaches her for a dollar because she will MACE them. She disparages those who are not as fortunate as her, while obliviously ignorant to the fact she only has it due to a Republican(her husband) oh, the irony...lol

Her worst nightmare would be for the current incarnation of the Dem party to sweep the elections. Because you should hear her when the subject of taxes comes up and the government taking "her money". She would make a sailor blush!

I myself am a right leaning Libertarian, except I do not agree with their open borders stance. Needless to say we do not talk politics at family gatherings, because I point out her BS to her and she hates it. I think it causes her to have a severe case of cognitive dissonance which leads to a migraine. As usual, facts and truth hurts her. So it must be hate speech.

I don't mean any of the above as an insult or an assualt on you Pexx. It's merely a description of my cousin Cheri and her life, as opposed to her projections. Both of her political beliefs to others and the opposing party she finds loathsome, but yet owes everything good in her life.

It always amazes me how angry and hateful she becomes when these things are pointed out to her. Enraged would be a better description I suppose.

Sorry about being so verbose, I tend to ramble once started.

edit on 1/11/2020 by That1RichGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/2020 by That1RichGuy because: Corrections

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Democrat ANGER has morphed into outright lunacy!

Democrats in the House of Representatives blocked a vote Tuesday to support the protesters in Iran who are demonstrating against the regime.

“What a disappointment —Democrats just blocked a vote on a resolution supporting the Iranian protestors. This is not the time for partisan politics. This should be a time for the US Congress to speak with one voice to condemn an Iranian regime that kills its own people,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said in a tweet.
Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: That1RichGuy

I think it causes her to have a severe case of cognitive dissonance which leads to a migraine. As usual, facts and truth hurts her. So it must be hate speech

Interesting and accurate deduction that needs to be separated out of that big post and repeated. I would have to agree. I have had dem friends call off debates where I share sources and they claim they can't read or watch such since it gives them a headache. They see Trump and have to turn him off!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

In all fairness, I never watched Obama either, but neither do I watch Trump. I pay attention to what was said through transcripts later on.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because Trump Derangement Syndrome has clouded their logic and judgement. They are reduced to repeating leftwing talking points that always turns out to be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join