It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Pork For Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

bet they would eat a pork chop deep fried, taken out wrapped in bacon and fried again, given the chance

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Just watched a video on the CEO. They are expanding to Burger King mock pork breakfast sandwiches. They also plan on doing chicken. Their goal is to eliminate meat entirely as a food source. Bold plan but, people really do like the Impossible Burger so who knows...

they eliminate meat entirely, they will also eliminate most of the clientele entirely.

and i don't think many muslims would eat fake pork. remember for many of them just the smell of pork makes them sick. as well of course as the taste of pork. so this fake pork could not smell or taste like pork. in which case it wouldn't be a fake pork.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If it didn't come from an animal with "cloven hooves" then there shouldn't be an issue for Muslims or Jews.

I am sure some of the spices in the impossible burgers is clove and roots. I don't think soybeans chew their cud so they probably are not allowed.
edit on 8-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: vethumanbeing
It's looks awful no matter what it's called.

Guy Richie said the same of ex-wife Madonna's body; "Experiencing IT: her texture, her physicality resembled Beef Jerky".

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

How long did it take to breed the pig (like the milk cow)? Did it exist already somewhere in the wild or did they create it like different breeds of dogs?

If it took centuries or millenia, did mankind keep a stock of wild pigs to slowly breed into domestic pigs while eating them? Why don't wild pigs, boars and hogs procreate faster than other animals with many offspring? Wouldn't that have started as a feature of wild pigs first?

This video pretty well explains domestication. Animals needed about 4 things to be good candidates for early humans, and not many animals had all those traits, and most of them lived in the old world which is why major civilizations grew up so much in Europe and Asia rather than the Americas.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Not sure but I think Sharia Law only allows for the devoted one to eat *natural* dirt.

Whateva!

Not all vegetarians are vegans.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This stinks of UN Agenda 21, I drew this parallel when I first heard about these 'burgers'.

This is from 2010;

A global shift towards a vegan diet is vital to save the world from hunger, fuel poverty and the worst impacts of climate change, a UN report said today.

As the global population surges towards a predicted 9.1 billion people by 2050, western tastes for diets rich in meat and dairy products are unsustainable, says the report from United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) international panel of sustainable resource management.

Source

...Vegetarianism is a major tenet of Sustainable Development. Agenda 21 focuses on the goal of eliminating meat consumption and using pastures to grow wheat, corn and soy for human consumption.

To get us to comply, we’re told in endless propaganda campaigns that meat is dangerous and the vegan lifestyle is the only healthy alternative.

Source

They're pushing the Agenda hard where I live, right now they're going after private vehicles, and it looks like they're beginning to dip their toes into people's land, too.

This was all written and planned long ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

All living things (plants and animals) come from God. Eat one and you've consumed them all.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

As for Muslims, would they eat fake pork? Would they ban it just for using the word pork? I do not know but technically, there is no pork in it. Would they stone to death someone who dressed and acted gay even thought they were straight as an arrow? I have no idea. Interesting time for Muslims and maybe a new dawn...

Where I live there are a whole bunch of Muslim pizza places that use other meat in place of pork, turkey ham for example. They seem to have no problem eating products with pig based names.

Also, stoning to death is largely a myth. Its incredibly rare and may be more a response to suspected sex offenders rather than actual homosexuality. How many people have been stoned to death outside of remote rural communities in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan?

Has anybody ever been stoned to death by a muslim for being gay in America?

talking about thing like this show an ignorance of what islam is really like. It's just a racist stereotype. You might as well start talking about Americans in modern day New York burning witches or shooting up saloons over card games.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

Just watched a video on the CEO. They are expanding to Burger King mock pork breakfast sandwiches. They also plan on doing chicken. Their goal is to eliminate meat entirely as a food source. Bold plan but, people really do like the Impossible Burger so who knows...

they eliminate meat entirely, they will also eliminate most of the clientele entirely.

and i don't think many muslims would eat fake pork. remember for many of them just the smell of pork makes them sick. as well of course as the taste of pork. so this fake pork could not smell or taste like pork. in which case it wouldn't be a fake pork.

There are a number of Muslim run takeout where I live. They use a product called Turkey ham, it looks and tastes like pork. It's used for things like sausage toppings. These are Muslims making products to be consumed by Muslims. They seem to like it. And it's sharia compliant.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If it didn't come from an animal with "cloven hooves" then there shouldn't be an issue for Muslims or Jews.

Animals with cloven hooves include sheep, goats, cattle, deer etc. Not only piggies.

I expect Muslims, Jews and even vegetarians would be able to eat faux pork, because it is not real pork.

The main ingredient of these no-meat foods is soy. Soy is just as bad for the environment as any other monoculture crop. Vast swathes of rain forests are felled to clear space to grow soy and in places like the US, soy production is as intensive as wheat or any other crop. Sterile fields with no life is not progress from an environmental perspective. You may think that eating soy is saving the environment, but it is not.
edit on 9/1/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i would suspect that despite the " artifical pork " being a technically halal product .

moslem uptake will be poor

1 - because of the threat of cross contamination from porcine meat sources - either deliberate or negligent

2 - status quo - they have survived for 1600 years pok free

jut my opinions - YMMV

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

People are protected by laws here. In places where Islam is the law, things are different.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

My husband suspects there will be suspicion because of the temptation factor.

It's like a gateway drug to the real thing. Fake pork to real pork.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I can imagine they will make "impossible fish" next. Then when they get all the meat banned, they will reveal that the plant matter they are using is genetically modified and loaded with dioxins.

I'm actually hoping they reveal it's something else.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Muslim or not - The ONLY disturbing thing about this whole meat replacement" trend to me is....

Impossible Burger Attacks Moms for Publishing Pesticide Results - June 2019

..Impossible Foods is billing its Impossible Burger as a healthier, more sustainable option than beef, but when tested by consumer advocacy group Moms Across America (MAA), concerning levels of the herbicide glyphosate were found in the food.

It's not at all surprising, considering the Impossible patty is made mostly of genetically engineered (GE) soy protein, and in the U.S. about 94 percent of soybean acres are planted with such GE seeds, which are designed to tolerate glyphosate, i.e., Roundup, herbicides...

edit on 192020 by MetalThunder because: 63668794

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think it'd be awesome to discover that once they ban meat and have us all locked on this stuff that it's less healthy than a diet of Velveeta and bologna sandwiches on Wonder bread.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's like a gateway drug to the real thing. Fake pork to real pork.

Fake other other white meat to the real thing. I see an interesting trend.

Honestly, who wants to eat a fake something that tastes like an easily-obtainable real something? Make me something exotic like Impossible Hyena or Impossible Panda.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Make mine impossible panda. I just couldn't eat something that looks like that.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's all me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join