It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Pork For Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
[quoteoriginally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

FlyingSquirrel: To only mankind, not the animal kingdom? What would happen if mankind never used them as a food source for the past 200,000 years (and human ancestors for a million years I assume)?

Yes. The pig (different than the javalina) was instantly a 'domesticated' animal..like the milk cow. These things were planned and inserted in environments WITH MAN on purpose. Entire civilizations came to be AT ONCE (did not evolve) that included food sources. The *ancient Maya* the Egyptian culture.

FlyingSquirrel: Would they have overrun the ecosystem? I'm sure they would've been great for the predators but the sheer number of pigs would've been too great. If they reproduce that fast with that many offspring, why aren't there more in the wild and what would the wild look like if humans didn't monopolize on pork?

They did not/would not compete with Javelina because one was a domestic product the other wild; planned and inserted in order to feed predators.
edit on 8-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I do believe much will be invested in marketing it to Muslims. There is a way but calling it Pork in any format is not going to work. Getting past the stigmatism of that word is "Impossible".

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

How long did it take to breed the pig (like the milk cow)? Did it exist already somewhere in the wild or did they create it like different breeds of dogs?

If it took centuries or millenia, did mankind keep a stock of wild pigs to slowly breed into domestic pigs while eating them? Why don't wild pigs, boars and hogs procreate faster than other animals with many offspring? Wouldn't that have started as a feature of wild pigs first?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

As for Muslims, would they eat fake pork?

Why not? Turkey bacon has been around for a while now.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Akragon

Anyone ever tried a vegie burger?
should be a bloody sin to eat....

I don't think these new varieties are like your father's veggie burger.

Tofu burger? Thanks to *soy* being added to EVERYTHING as a filler; I am now allergic to it.

That and men eating soy products, causes Gynecomastia (man boobs). www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

How long did it take to breed the pig (like the milk cow)? Did it exist already somewhere in the wild or did they create it like different breeds of dogs?

Much like you understand dog breeds; it was designed specifically for domestic use by humans; length of time from idea to form the animated material content; instantaneous.

FlyingSquirrel: If it took centuries or millenia, did mankind keep a stock of wild pigs to slowly breed into domestic pigs while eating them? Why don't wild pigs, boars and hogs procreate faster than other animals with many offspring? Wouldn't that have started as a feature of wild pigs first?

It took no time; no IFs. Wild pigs were a different experiment (longer gestation) that satisfied another parameter of species that needed to be fed on this planet. Wild pigs were not domesticated to feed the human; instead feed the natural predators within that environment.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Tofu burger? Thanks to *soy* being added to EVERYTHING as a filler; I am now allergic to it.

That and men eating soy products, causes Gynecomastia (man boobs). www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That is insidious and I am experiencing hatred now.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Not sure but I think Sharia Law only allows for the devoted one to eat *natural* dirt.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

That is insidious and I am experiencing hatred now.

I just thought members would want to keep abreast of the situation.
edit on V072020Wednesdaypm31America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2020 21:07:01 -06001 by Violater1 because: ;lkug

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You would think that they would gobble it up.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ketsuko
Is it supposed to be healthy?
I think it's just an alternative to factory meat production.

Did you know it takes 6 gallons of water to grow one tomato to maturity? What is the cheapest vegetable to grow? I am convinced Cheetos are made of some type of molecularly modified plastic that the body CANNOT WILL NOT digest but is tricked into thinking is real food.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The problem being that their people haven't eaten it in over 1,000+ years. I'm not sure if they wonder about what it tastes like or find it inherently disgusting. Muslim and Jewish consumer groups would have to be surveyed and researched before a company would invest in creating a product for those markets..

It'd be really interesting to find out though. I don't think it'd be popular lol

beef bacon

I think it would be popular.
edit on 8-1-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The problem being that their people haven't eaten it in over 1,000+ years. I'm not sure if they wonder about what it tastes like or find it inherently disgusting. Muslim and Jewish consumer groups would have to be surveyed and researched before a company would invest in creating a product for those markets..

It'd be really interesting to find out though. I don't think it'd be popular lol

beef bacon
I think it would be popular.

I think its called *already cooked* Jerky.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So it begs the question. Is it Halal?

Its the same question I have for vegans: Why eat fake pork if you don't eat the real stuff?

The Kosher/Halal thing has its roots in sanitation (as in people died back int eh day from disease) and the age old religious chestnut control.

The disease aspect is gone. Whats left is control

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Not sure but I think Sharia Law only allows for the devoted one to eat *natural* dirt.

A lot of Muslims are like a lot of Jews, they enjoy a bacon cheeseburger every now and then. And, not all Muslims or Jews insist all their food is "blessed" by a holy man or killed/prepared according to scripture all the time.
edit on 8-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

So it begs the question. Is it Halal?
Its the same question I have for vegans: Why eat fake pork if you don't eat the real stuff?
The Kosher/Halal thing has its roots in sanitation (as in people died back int eh day from disease) and the age old religious chestnut control. The disease aspect is gone. Whats left is control

Lets talk about the animals (sheep/goats= ringworm) grown/raised by parishioners to be taken to Temple specifically for sacrifice. Those temples had elaborate butchering systems built underneath the alters (fitted with trap doors). Those animals were processed/packaged and then resold to the same parishioners benefiting the clergy.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Sookiechacha:A lot of Muslims are like a lot of Jews, they enjoy a bacon cheeseburger every now and then. And, not all Muslims or Jews insist all their food is "blessed" by a holy man or killed/prepared according to scripture all the time.

To make sure all of ones food is blessed and or killed/butchered by a holy man would be an exhausting (OCD) exercise and is frankly insane. On the other hand a church/belief system that requires you to regularly confess/profess *SINS* to a representative of GOD that hides in darkness behind a curtain or wall is also insane.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Just watched a video on the CEO. They are expanding to Burger King mock pork breakfast sandwiches. They also plan on doing chicken. Their goal is to eliminate meat entirely as a food source. Bold plan but, people really do like the Impossible Burger so who knows...

My Jewish and Muslim friends are looking forward to trying it.

It sounds like you're not aware of the issue of "halal" as it pertains to Jews and Muslims. Not eating pork was actually a pretty good idea, since there's a number of diseases in swine that cross over easily to humans. Another issue is how animals are slaughtered (our slaughterhouses are technically against the practices of both religions but practicality means they relax these rules.)

So no animal is slaughtered improperly and it's a plant based food. As I said, both Muslim and Jewish friends are eager to try it. And fake bacon would be heavenly.

I'm also looking forward to it, since for ethical reasons (they're intelligent creatures) I don't eat pork.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It's looks awful no matter what it's called.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

sort of like how the 'chosen' religion needs to let go of its EXTREME ethnocentrism.

and stop stealing trillions from the peoples of the world via fake warz and taxes.

sort of like that, right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join