It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Since when did we mourn the death of a terrorist" -- Truth from an Iranian(?) (video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: sine.nomine

Because soleimani was a large part of helping Iraq push out isis. I expect he and they still had house cleaning to do with that, aside from the fact that they are neighbors, and allies. Why wouldn’t he be there, or Syria, or Yemen. Do our political opponents now need permission or explanations to be in nations where they are welcome, and we are not? Hell, far as I’m concerned, political officials are regularly supposed to go around to all their nations neighbors, allies, even enemies. It’s called diplomacy, and it’s literally their job.

do you have proof of that, or are you just swallowing the load given to you by the news you like to hear? Derp.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: pexx421

I'm going to log off now because I really don't want to be banned for writing what I really think of you and those like yourself.

Have a nice day.

You have no idea who I am, what I’m like, nor do you know anyone “like me”. But I’m sorry for you and for your friend. You have a nice day too.

No one knows who you are or cares, you ranting on the internet doesn't change a damn thing. May general salami indefinitely rest in #hit
edit on 9-1-2020 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Found an interesting article from March 2019 about when Soleimani was awarded a rare decoration and what it meant:

On Monday, Iran's Supreme Leader and Commander-in-Chief Ayatollah Ali Khamenei presented Major General Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Quds Force (IRGC-QF), with the order of the Zulfiqar — the country's highest military decoration, and one that hasn't been awarded since the Islamic Revolution of 1979.

Why it matters: Despite not having fought a conventional war since 1988, Iran is involved in countless Middle Eastern conflicts, supporting, arming, or financing forces in its "axis of resistance." Leading this axis, and often beside its forces on the battlefield, is Soleimani.

What they're saying: Awarding the medal, Khamenei asked God to grant Soleimani "martyrdom in the end," but "of course not any time soon." Several other Iranian officials have since congratulated Soleimani.

Bolding emphasis mine

Designated terrorist Soleimani gets Iran's highest military honor

Reading this...I would say the death of Soleimani was determined by Iran when he was awarded the medal in March 2019. Freaky coincidence, karma, or pre-determined?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: sine.nomine

Because soleimani was a large part of helping Iraq push out isis. I expect he and they still had house cleaning to do with that, aside from the fact that they are neighbors, and allies. Why wouldn’t he be there, or Syria, or Yemen. Do our political opponents now need permission or explanations to be in nations where they are welcome, and we are not? Hell, far as I’m concerned, political officials are regularly supposed to go around to all their nations neighbors, allies, even enemies. It’s called diplomacy, and it’s literally their job.

do you have proof of that, or are you just swallowing the load given to you by the news you like to hear? Derp.

Well, considering I doubt you heard any of what I said on the news, and that the person who posted right before you, who lives in Iran, said almost exactly what I said..... I’ll leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

I'm going to log off now because I really don't want to be banned for writing what I really think of you and those like yourself.

Have a nice day.

You have no idea who I am, what I’m like, nor do you know anyone “like me”. But I’m sorry for you and for your friend. You have a nice day too.

No one knows who you are or cares, you ranting on the internet doesn't change a damn thing. May general salami indefinitely rest in #hit

I’m not ranting on the internet. I’m debating on ats. If you don’t like that then I think you’ve missed the point of this site.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

hey, guys! Again....

Let's please get back on topic, and off the off topic convos????
Remember the topic? Let's leave the D-Egos at the door, please?

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Interesting article.

From the link:

Zulfiqar, which means "spine cleaver" in Arabic, is the name of the fabled cleft sword of Ali ibn Abu Talib, the first Imam of Shi'ism and the cousin and son-in-law of Prophet Muhammad.

Iran has named several military platforms after the Zulfiqar, including a short-range ballistic missile, a battle tank, and a battle rife, just to name a few.

Double edged sword perhaps, or symbolism of a serpents tongue? There are many fascinating stories about this order/sword.
Perhaps the New Testament, was incorporating this symbol to smear the new religion of Islam?
Lots of stuff to contemplate.

From Wiki:

In legend, the exclamation lā fata ʾillā ʿAlī lā sayf ʾillā Ḏū l-Fiqār is attributed to Muhammad, who is said to have uttered it in the Battle of Uhud in praise of Ali's exploit of splitting the shield and helmet of the strongest Meccan warrior, shattering his own sword in the same stroke. Muhammad is said to then have given his own sword Dhu-l-Fiqar to Ali to replace the broken sword. In another variant, the exclamation is not due to Muhammad but to "a voice on the battlefield", and the sword was given to Ali by archangel Gabriel directly

There is even a movie with the same name.

Looks like i got stuff to read, and a movie to watch, thanks for the post.
edit on 9/1/2020 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/2020 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I was in the military. I didn’t know anyone he killed. Did you? Does anyone here know anyone this guy personally killed? If he killed 600 or more, surely someone here must know someone he killed.

Don’t know what branch you were in but I spent some time this weekend with a vet wheelchair bound because of this bastards IED campaign.

Go pound sand.

Really?? Could you show me evidence of his ied campaign?? Was he out there planting ied’s? Was your friend at home making the world a better place when soliemani hit him with that ied?

Let me say, I’m sure, or hope at least, that your friend thought he was part of an occupying force because he thought he was doing the good lords work. But I expect that he was a foreign soldier, holding a gun, in a nation where he wasn’t welcome, and probably supporting a group and a mission that made life much worse for the locals and native population. I expect that if he had stayed home in the (presumably) US, practicing medicine, curing cancer, or preaching the gospel, then the ieds would have left him well enough alone. Because no one in our country, minding their own business, has ever been attacked by Iran.

So you're stating their highest ranking general didn't train by proxy ways to kill our troops. I'm against our wars in the middle east but your excuses for Iran and their war by proxy is disgusting.

Sorry your terrorist leader died.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I was in the military. I didn’t know anyone he killed. Did you? Does anyone here know anyone this guy personally killed? If he killed 600 or more, surely someone here must know someone he killed.

Don’t know what branch you were in but I spent some time this weekend with a vet wheelchair bound because of this bastards IED campaign.

Go pound sand.

Really?? Could you show me evidence of his ied campaign?? Was he out there planting ied’s? Was your friend at home making the world a better place when soliemani hit him with that ied?

Let me say, I’m sure, or hope at least, that your friend thought he was part of an occupying force because he thought he was doing the good lords work. But I expect that he was a foreign soldier, holding a gun, in a nation where he wasn’t welcome, and probably supporting a group and a mission that made life much worse for the locals and native population. I expect that if he had stayed home in the (presumably) US, practicing medicine, curing cancer, or preaching the gospel, then the ieds would have left him well enough alone. Because no one in our country, minding their own business, has ever been attacked by Iran.

So you're stating their highest ranking general didn't train by proxy ways to kill our troops. I'm against our wars in the middle east but your excuses for Iran and their war by proxy is disgusting.

So in your mind, simply asking for actual evidence to prove a claim is "disgusting"?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Go pound sand.

Sorry your terrorist leader died.

Yeah, I believe in the rule of law, due process, and fact based evidence. Sorry that makes me a terrorist fanatic.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

This General that your choosing to defend, is the same General that would drill holes through the legs of children while the parents were forced to watch -- all because the parent's didnt support his ideas and actions, which were horrific and cruel(to say the least).

I agree with DBCowboys and are hopping off this thread before i say some real nasty #hit towards you.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Evidence of what exactly? We need to prove that he was on a super serious peace mission and not coordinating his proxy terrorists groups?

With his track record he should know he has a target on his back whenever he leaves Iran. Reap what you sow

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Bottom line is no one on this site is aware of why he was there and it may never be known. According to our intelligence operators that had been tracking him for quite some time they had some proof that imminent attacks were going to happen and he was involved in planning the attack on the embassy.

Whether you believe them or not that is up to you but there are people in the system that tracked him for a living and have a much better idea of what was going on and they along with the president decided to take him out. I think the ME and ultimately the world is a much better place without him on it.

I also think it is interesting that many opponents to the president were vocal about him taking the action but after the briefing the individuals had regarding the strike I have not heard any of them stand up and declare that it was unwarranted after hearing the briefing information. Of course we will never hear them admit they were wrong but in my opinion the silence is telling

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You can brush up on your reading skills because I've already stated I don't have political affiliation. I'm also not American, yeah those people exist.

But then again you might be calling me a liar?

Which begs the question, why are you (obvious) Trump supporters so uppity against anything not Trump? I mean c'mon we've all had a man crush but really?

Nah I stood up for him because he had the right kind of attitude against the people who gang up on anything critical or even questioning of "the narrative" it's what ATS is all about. So like... Don't be a sheep?

Bahahaha?

But to be on topic and point I believe this lady to be naïve and probably influenced without taking a time to think.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
America postures as the defender of freedom and democracy. The behavior of its government tells a very different story:

Since 1946, more than 50 sovereign countries have been invaded and occupied by the US Government and their citizens intimidated, and many tortured and killed; whilst 170 nations host US troops and social control agencies operating from at least 370 US military bases.

Any government that installs genuine democracy is soon the subject of a CIA funded and organised coup… d’tat or otherwise. Honduras and Haiti are the most recent examples. These subjugated nations are the actual sources of terrorism. What Trump or Turnbull or Merkel call terrorists, are simply victims fighting back.

Global terrorism as we know it is guided by the global investment bankers. Enabling funds are sourced from bank profits, taxes and drug sales, as outlined above. Afghanistan is the classic

Tony Ryan

WHY AM I POOR IN WEALTHY AUSTRALIA?
Why am I poor in Australia? How Australia was globalised
www.oziz4oziz.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join