It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Since when did we mourn the death of a terrorist" -- Truth from an Iranian(?) (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: sine.nomine

Soleimani being despised in Iran.

I personally don't know about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Many individuals and organisations have been despised in Iran over the decades, SAVAK immediately comes to mind.

Since the US & UK got involved in 1953, Iran has more or less been a basket case of a country. It's a bit sad when you look at the history since then, as I believe that Iran had, and probably still has, the potential to be a nation with an extraordinary capacity to provide to the world both culturally & scientifically.

It certainly used to be a beautiful place with lots of freedoms. Hopefully it bounces back to it's formal glory someday soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Welcome to ATS, your opinion goes against the crowd so you're therefore a democrat leftist scumbag communist.

I know you're an old member just wanted to say much respect, it seems like most around here have list the ability to perceive and ya know? Deny ignorance...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Welcome to ATS, your opinion goes against the crowd so you're therefore a democrat leftist scumbag communist.

I know you're an old member just wanted to say much respect, it seems like most around here have list the ability to perceive and ya know? Deny ignorance...

I have no political affiliation.

The poster you are defending, needs a lesson in how you have common discourse. Without the hate filled remarks.

Which begs the question. Why would you encourage this behavior — simply because of your partisan beliefs?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Why doesn't that swing both ways? They only made such comments after numerous posters made false accusations of being a domestic terrorist and supporting terrorism and other false accusations.

IMO calling someone a domestic terrorist like Lumenari did is far more insulting than calling someone a #.
edit on 8-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: KKLOCO

Seriously? A person slings an offensive comment my way, and I respond in kind. Razor intentionally made a statement to offend me and detract from my argument. Me responding with non specific swear words is more offensive? Than slander? What a bizarre world.

It is a bizarre world on the Internet.
We are all keyboard warriors on here.
You were making a huge stand on defending this guy like he is the Pope or something.
I made a sarcastic comment and you are still making a last stand on the hill.
Maybe a thicker skin would help deflect a little sarcasm?
But it was not a personal attack.

Alright now. I never once said he was a good person, or that he didn’t deserve death. I made absolutely no judgements about him in that regard, good or bad. My point was, and is, that he was in his own part of the world, probably doing what he was supposed to be doing, and likely representing many of the people in that region. He had legitimacy there, we have no legitimacy there.

First off it’s illegal and we are largely a rogue state.

Second off, we have been massively destructive to the whole region over the past 50 years, largely to expand our power and profit at the expense of the lives of the legitimate natives there.

Lastly, us setting the precedent of assassinating leaders and heads of state remotely is going to have serious repercussions on us in the future.

And really lastly, for real this time, what excuse did we have for killing him? “We think he may have killed a lot of people, and he’s a bad person”. Really? Have we abandoned any critical thinking or real need for actual evidence completely? After our media and government have been proven to have lied to us repeatedly, to the cost of millions of innocent lives??? Wtf. Who trusts someone who they KNOW lies to them again and again??? Why do y’all trust anything that comes out of Washington or the msm?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You tell other they can’t judge a man half a world away but you do the same. Your even passing judgment on DBCowboys vet friend. Your even worse then those you try to smack down. You also get offended then hurl
Insults back.

Pathetic and hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I wish the world could be so black and white as you describe it.

I hate to be that guy but how many have died due to CIA operations in the Persian sphere alone? How many innocent Iraqi's (Shia or Sunni) died at the hands of US forces. How many human rights abuses? How many war crimes?

I can go on, but I'd rather get to my point... Anyways, all this by invading forces. Oh btw my nation has bloodied hands too. So, who do they have the right to assassinate?

A national leader? Soldiers? Civilians? The CEO of Raytheon?

Who do they blame for the misery our nation's brought them?

It's ok I'm not expecting a reasonable answer because you're comparing someone who apparently trained rebels how to engage in guerrilla warfare to someone who literally enacted genocide.

There's so much irony it's not funny. Americans are always the first to say "imma getz my gunz" whenever the idea of an invading force thinks it could operate on the US but when an Iraqi desires to fight an American he's a terrorist. This terrorist was also instrumental in fighting actual people enacting genocide in Iraq and Syria... You might've heard of them.

Btw I'm not saying he was a bad or good guy, I couldn't care less I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Trump assassinated an official in an allied nation's territory. I remember Russia getting a bit of heat for killing it's/Putin's political rivals on foreign soil.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I'm sure those who support the regime in Iran had genuine anger at America assassinating one of their generals. This lady obviously isn't one of them, doubt she would give an unbiased objective opinion considering she moved to the USA and now campaigns against the leaders in Iran.

People in Iran all love Trump but she'll lose a lot of friends for saying it. Seems a bit contradictory.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
See results for

Che Guevara
Ernesto "Che" Guevara was an Argentine Marxist revolu…

at one time in America,,,,, every crowd of 10 persons had at least one with a Che Guevara T shirt on

one mans terrorist is another's freedomfighter

I noted the MSM clickbait AD showing the dead General's 8 daughters.... the whitewashing begins, huh
edit on th31157853395408392020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

(post by RAY1990 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I've seen too many genuinely lovely members have a bad day because of this nitwit attitude that's became too common here. You know as well as I do it's chased a lot of good members off.

Hell ATS used to be a fun place where people could play devil's advocate just to have a quality debate. Now you're just the enemy for thinking out of line.

It's sad, glad to see you're still around though

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
You tell other they can’t judge a man half a world away but you do the same. Your even passing judgment on DBCowboys vet friend. Your even worse then those you try to smack down. You also get offended then hurl
Insults back.

Pathetic and hypocritical.

No, actually I stated my hopes and expectations of cowboys friends role. That’s far different from saying he should have been killed. I expect he’s likely a good person, but that’s the optimist in me. But I have no preconceived notions of whether he is a good man or a bad man. There’s a difference between that, and saying our nation, which regularly lies, was justified in breaking international law (including our own) in assassinating a foreign official with no clear evidence trail of wrongdoing.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

hey, guys!

Let's please get back on topic, and off the off topic convos????

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Expectations build resentments.

I’ll use your own logic against you. Show me one nation that dose not lie.

Lots of people die via military strikes daily. No trial even if they were innocent no repercussions. What makes this one general from Iran special and different? News media coverage.

This is just my opinion but if other country’s could reach out and kill this way they most certainly would. They don’t because they can’t. It’s it right? Is it wrong? Can’t say above my pay grade.

(post by Anathros removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Oh, you’re right, that’s largely how the world works. But it’s mostly dictated by us. Most of the wars and aggression originate with us, whether it’s the mic, the oil cartels, or the bankers. But they will be able to, soon. And they will follow our lead in how they use it. With us using it this way, it’s only a matter of time.

As to a nation that doesn’t lie..... I don’t know. Iceland? But there’s levels. How many lie as constantly and agregiously as us? We have far more money invested into lying than most nations, I’d bet. Billions in analytics and think tanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't know about the Iranian population mourning Terrorist-General Soleimani, but high-profile Democrats in America are all torn-up over his death.

It is embarrassing that these Democrats mourn this evil SOB. The man was actively organizing attacks on Americans and American interests.

What bull#. Where is your evidence? Any evidence. You’re completely judging a person you have no knowledge of. Further, what American interests was he attacking? American forces occupying his neighbors? Threatening his nation? Starving his people and his economy? Killing thousands of children in his homeland by sanctions cutting them off from medicines and foods? Who are you to judge a persons worth, whom you have never met? A person who lives a world away, and who’s life and nation we have been actively threatening for over half a century, whose leaders we have overthrown, and who lived under a brutal dictator we installed.

Your ignorance and hubris are the pride of the American political machine.

You did not read the OP , did you ?
You have no concept what this thread is about , do you ?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Cheers, same with you.

The thing I don't understand is quite a few of the posters doing it are perfectly capable of posting interesting, insightful debate and discussion so I can't fathom why they stoop to such low tactics.

Personally I'd far rather read the opinion and POV of someone I disagree with than someone I agree with as I prefer reading things that challenge my own views than an echo chamber/risk brainwashing myself into believing my own nonsense but it no longer seems possible as far as US issues go on here.

A while back it was possible to have interesting, logical debates and get a glimpse of what the average person in the US thought about issues and remove the curtain from the media circus way it's covered in the press. Nowadays unless you 100% unquestionably agree with US state propaganda or point out the fact the US is seen as a sponsor of terrorism and rogue state in Africa and the Middle East because of their support for illegal coups and arming terrorist groups around the world funded by the CIA you get accused of being a Democrat or Republican and getting news from CNN or Fox (depending on which Party is in power) instead of someone who's actually read declassified CIA docs.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Well, I am an Iranian and I live in Iran. I should say, in fact people complain mismanagements, economical corruptions or inefficient bureaucracy. It is not realistic to think that most of Iranians want to eradicate the Islamic republic. In contrast, Iranians find their leadership as the wisest politician in their country. Very the same as Americans who may have their own sort of internal problems but this does not mean that they tolerate foreign interventions. The reality is that the revolution of Iran was popular and the governing system is also popular, there are shortcomings and mismanagements though.

And regarding Suleimani. Well, white house considers him a terrorist because he was not aligned with his programs but this is not true for the vast majority of Iranians, even some of the surrounding nation's because he was a reliable warrior for them against ISIS, Saddam. Even many of those who criticize Iran's interventions in the region may respect him. I think Trump did not have a realistic view of what he did and it's consequences.

Anyhow I hope someday comes that both countries and all the other countries have wiser and more responsible presidents and politicians who care more for the people. The ridiculous point is that people themselves elect them.
edit on 01amAmerica/Chicago482 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01amAmerica/Chicago432 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01amAmerica/Chicago182 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join