It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fabio Wibmer- To The Limit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fabio Wibmer could be the current new god on mountainbike in the tradition of Hans Rey, Shaun Palmer and of the last two decades, the likes of Brandon Semenuk, Danny MacAskill, Danny Hart or maybe even Frank Schneider who famously won the Megavalanche on a singlespeed hardtail with a 6 inch travel fork... yes, and there are many more hardcore riders to mention here... suffice to say that it depends on which facet of mountainbiking your into- cross country, trials, dirtjumping, downhill, enduro or freeride (hope I covered it all).

I like the earlier videos of Fabio Wibmer- his Fabiolous Escape Series and Wibner's Law, this one takes the cake. He makes RedBull Rampage, Megavalange and the Urban Freeride races in South America kinda look a bit lame...

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva
Danny Mac has dropped an amazing new edit as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He doesn't do many tricks in the vid-just rides like a complete loon.
Reminds me of an old mate,no regard for safety on his BMX,same on his motorbike.
Then died on it

I'm impressed how this guys wheels took that punishment though-the manufacturer should pay him for showing they make indestructable wheels.
Great advert for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NinjaCougar
This is my favorite Danny Mac video:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Aside from the insane riding, the wheels also impressed me, more likely already Fabio's sponsor... it reminds me of DT Swiss from Aaron Gwin's downhill ride at Leogang about 5 years ago:

What could be a better rim , hub and spokes commercial?

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

When they were filming the Ridge, Stu Thompson (director) was like, "Danny, put a safety line on when you climb up there" and Danny just climbed up without one, carrying his bike with him. Calculated nerves of steel for sure.
I'm lucky to live in the heart of mountain bike country with some of the best trails in the UK on our doorstep. Do you ride? I'm guessing yes.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NinjaCougar
I used to ride on weekends but not regularly anymore, my fully rigid GT Aggressor is relegated for the time being as a service bike for grocery runs. We live smack in the middle of a third world city and to breathe a bit of fresh air, I have to pedal about 30 km, just to ride a patch of trails... I envy you.

new topics

top topics

join