It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

originally posted by: face23785
We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Iran Sabotages 6 oil tankers in strait of Hormuz, Trump downplays it.

Iran shoots down a US Drone, Trump downplays it.

Iran Attacks Saudi Oil Field, Trump downplays it.

Iran attacks US embassy, Trump finally responds.

American haters: WHY DOES HE WANT WAR?!?!

*mic drop*

I also 50% believe that the previous attacks were possibly false flag, but I am always skeptical about everything regardless.

you are missing the bombings we did that kicked off the Embassy protest/attack.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Soleimani was a high ranking government official of Iran, a sovereign nation, completely different from leaders of terrorist organizations.

The huge difference is that we are at war with those terrorist organizations, while we are not at war with Iran. Yes, we have some major tensions with Iran, but we are not at war with them.

Soleimani was a piece of $%@! and him being gone is only a net positive but there are negatives in the method and it hurts our standing in the international community.

Didn't expect WWIII to erupt over this. Iran knows we could bomb them into oblivion and we know it would just linger for decades in a stalemate. The big takeaway is Iraq voting for us to leave the country weakening our presence in the region, of course we'll just cozy up more to Saudi Arabia, what have they ever done against us? Aside from finance 9/11 that is.

Iran is Putin's steadiest ally in the region, without Iran Putin's influence in the region whithers and dies. Funny how this all takes place shortly after that mystery phone call.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
You partisan hacks have ruined this website. Everything is political left vs right to you and you spam the website with partisan junk.

Id bet that many ditched the website because of it. You have turned everything into politics and left vs right madness.

Conspiracy seeks to find the invisible motives in between partisanship. You have turned ATS into anotger political forum.

Thank you!

The swamp in the USA is BOTH right and left.

Anyone getting into the left v right paradigm are getting played like a fiddle.

It's a shame that people have fallen for it and this forum is now filled with this nonsense. ATS definetely isn't like it used to be.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith

a reply to: Frith

Dude I realize how disappointed you guys are that no more Americans were killed, because that would be great fodder for you in the election, but trying to spin this as anything other than a win for Trump is absurd. We killed their most powerful general, and their "response" was to carefully avoid even injuring any Americans and call us through a back channel to make sure we knew that their bottle rocket show was all they were doing so we didn't retaliate. That was them signaling they wanted to de-escalate. Even CNN reported all this. You know it. We know it. The non-stop lying is not working. Keep it up though. Make more Trump voters
because that's all you're doing and it's hilarious to watch.

So Trumpsters are now okay with missiles flying over their heads so long as they don't explode near them. I have NEVER seen U.S. foreign policy like this where troops are allowed to be in harm's way but no action will be taken unless some arbitrary set of damage parameters are met.

Unlike the modern Right I do remember the Obama era and the "Red Line" Syria quote that was repeatedly hammered away here and on other right wing sources. You all don't get a pass here just because your guy is in office and is quaking in his boots over starting yet another pointless war and being crazily reckless. Not now. Not ever.

What's it like when you're so ill-informed the only thing you can do is lie? You realize no one reading this is falling for this garbage right?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Iran attacks US embassy, Trump finally responds.

*mic drop*

I also 50% believe that the previous attacks were possibly false flag, but I am always skeptical about everything regardless.

you are missing the bombings we did that kicked off the Embassy protest/attack.

Dishonestly leaving out what led to the bombings isn't gonna fool anyone either. Now everyone reading this knows you were trying to be misleading and partisan by suggesting the embassy attack was warranted because you're pretending we bombed their militant group for no reason.

You guys really ought to try honest posting for once. The days where you could just lie and no one would be the wiser are over. People can find out what really happened in an instant with today's access to information.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

I have read this website for a very long time it used to have many different interesting topics to choose from on the front page. Now it's generally filled with nothing but Liberal this, Democrat that, Trump this, Trump that... and on and on... I wish they would separate the political topics into a completely separate website, or give me the option to just block that segment of the forums. It's much harder to find topics I actually care about.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What's it like when you're so ill-informed the only thing you can do is lie? You realize no one reading this is falling for this garbage right?

This is all you on the Right do. When you're stumped and know you're in the wrong you don't try to retract you just toss out a pejorative on the qualities of the person you're replying to and hope they give up and go away.

Trump's nonsensical warmongering that essentially brought us to war before he caved on actually waging it can't be defended.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

To answer your question...How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

No different than from the other 10 million times and counting Trump has lied

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: animatorsteve

I have read this website for a very long time it used to have many different interesting topics to choose from on the front page.

Now it's generally filled with nothing but Liberal this, Democrat that, Trump this, Trump that... and on and on.

I wish they would separate the political topics into a completely separate website, or give me the option to just block that segment of the forums. It's much harder to find topics I actually care about.

Yeah that would be a great option. I wonder how it can be done.

I also miss the days when ATS front page was filled with interesting threads instead of this political nonsense.

It's crazy how the whole vibe of the forum has changed. I didn't even bother registering for years (like yourself maybe) and a lot of others because the website used to be just filled with interesting topics and intelligent conversations and none of this partisan garbage.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: animatorsteve

I have read this website for a very long time it used to have many different interesting topics to choose from on the front page. Now it's generally filled with nothing but Liberal this, Democrat that, Trump this, Trump that... and on and on... I wish they would separate the political topics into a completely separate website, or give me the option to just block that segment of the forums. It's much harder to find topics I actually care about.

I've been a member here for 14 years. The way this has become a hardcore right-wing lovefest depresses me. Used to be one of the best sites on the internet, now I come here and get so disgusted I click away until weeks later when curiosity hits and I come back to remind myself why I left in the first place.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Iran is just trying to pick a fight with the u.s. Trump isn't falling for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You forgot one, allow me...

Iran kills one U.S. Contractor, Wounds Four U.S. Troops in rocket attack, Trump goes silent.

One week later, Iran attacks US embassy, Trump finally responds.

*mic drop*

Trump's response was not just about the embassy where no one was hurt - it was mainly about the contractor that was killed and 4 US soldiers who were wounded.
edit on 10-1-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
You partisan hacks have ruined this website. Everything is political left vs right to you and you spam the website with partisan junk.

Id bet that many ditched the website because of it. You have turned everything into politics and left vs right madness.

Conspiracy seeks to find the invisible motives in between partisanship. You have turned ATS into anotger political forum.

Exactly! What does the mudpit have to do with conspiracies? All politics should be put in www.belowtopsecret.com... or somewhere else. Why do I seem to remember a PTS at one point? Everyday the same name calling crap. Make this forum great again! I've stopped coming here a long time ago, it is just another he said / she said politics echo chamber now. I check in every once in a while, but it just gets worse.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

originally posted by: Deetermined

Irans history in the middle-east? Are you talking about the same country that had their democratically elected government in the 50s overthrown in a coup orchastrated by the USA and British? All because the Prime Minister wanted to nationalize his own oil fields?

Regardless of what happened in the 50's, the ongoing turmoil in the middle east is primarily caused by religious conflicts among themselves. Nothing is going to change that.

And yet, strangely, once again I must point out. Iran has the largest Jewish population outside of Israel in the middle east. They sit in parliament. They regularly state they are happy there and treated well, and they even refuse monetary prizes offered if they move to Israel. Hm.

My Iranian contacts say there USED to be the largest Jewish Population located in Persia. What do you think has been happening to Jews in Jihad lands and under Mullah's claiming they will destroy the Jews?

You can connect those dots, come on now.

edit on 10-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: face23785

I don't feel embarrassed. I don't care who is in office. I just think our country should not be a puppet of Israel. We should use diplomacy not the military. I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

And what do you do when diplomacy doesn't work?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Jews lived all over the middle east until the creation on Israel and the subsequent resentment of the Jews by the arab/Muslim world and the mistreatment of the Palestinian population. It's a shame that the hatred has become mutual on both sides. I pray that one day both groups can get along again.
edit on 10-1-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Shouldn't the question rather be: why are we now involved with Iran?
Seriously, last I looked 3 years ago we were not Alexander the great, most if not all U.S. wanted out of South East Asia right?

So why are we so god damn excited now, being involved?

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
they don't get briefed.
they don't get any say in foreign affairs
trump is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cohnjonnor

Nah...there is a picture of Trump in the Oval Office, on it is Obummer, Clinton, Bush, and I believe Carter,

He is just following orders

This time however they ..i.e.. TPTB, put some spin on it, as he will be the least liked Pres..

So don't let someone piss down your back. And then tell you that it's raining

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have suspicions that the current Iranian leadership is thankful to the U.S. for taking out a political problem.
There are deals that happen behind closed doors.
It may be possible that Trump just bought some real bargaining chips by eliminating competition for the current Iranian leadership.
Yeah, we look like bad guys.
Let's see how it pans out.
Black is white and white is black.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join