It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Maybe you should do some research on how Britain and the us carved lines in the sand to create the countries that are now in the middle east and how they have been messing with their countries ever since. Depending on which decade you pick Iran was our friend or our enemy, same with iraq. Watch that video it is not pro or anti Iran but will show you honest facts of the history of the region. No one is innocent in all the turmoil. The ones taking the brunt of the punishment have always been the average Joe. Treatment of Palestinians, sanctions, double crossings, wars and constant drone strikes have been plaguing the citizens of the middle east and are a main source of hatred towards Western civilization.
edit on 10-1-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yeah, why don't you do that research you suggest. Then you'll actually find out exactly what I'm talking about.

Bottom line, Islamic countries want Jews removed from the Middle East because they consider it Islamic territory. Most Islamic countries don't even print Israel on their maps. As for Palestinians, they are far from innocent in this matter. The key to Islamic terrorism is to hide their true intentions, which is religious more than political, though they try to combine the two. Once you learn that, you'll get a better understanding.

edit on 10-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You can't blame all the mess in the Middle East on the UK and US.

If there wasn't the bitter hatred between Sunni and Shia which has lasted for nearly 1400 years now or the bitter enmity between Israel and all Muslims there wouldn't be anywhere near as many problems in the region than what there is now.

Throw in a heavy dose of loathing and dislike for any other religious minority and Christians along with age old endemic tribal differences you have the veritable powder keg we see today.

Of course 'our' foreign policy may not have helped at times and even served to inflame the situation but to blame it ALL on 'the west' is way, way wide of the mark.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Yeah, why don't you do that research you suggest. Then you'll actually find out exactly what I'm talking about.

Bottom line, Islamic countries want Jews removed from the Middle East because they consider it Islamic territory. Most Islamic countries don't even print Israel on their maps. As for Palestinians, they are far from innocent in this matter. The key to Islamic terrorism is to hide their true intentions, which is religious more than political, though they try to combine the two. Once you learn that, you'll get a better understanding.

Islamic terrorists best friend right now are Western liberals who are bending over backwards to make excuses for them so they can feel "woke."

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Frith

Your man, Donald Trump, was explicitly stating he would wage further war with Iran if they retaliated and they did retaliate. It doesn't matter regarding your belief if they were carefully avoiding anybody. They attacked. Donald stood down.

No, Trump only said he would retaliate if any more Americans were killed, and they weren't.

That's entirely incorrect.

twitter.com...

They attacked us, & we hit back. If they attack again, which I would strongly advise them not to do, we will hit them harder than they have ever been hit before!

I can't parse that statement as anything other than what I wrote. I know you Trumpsters can.

Iran attacked. Donald stood down.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Debunkology

That Iranian General wasn't a terrorist.

Seriously, some of you need to try harder at denying ignorance and do some more research on Iran's history in the Middle East.

Irans history in the middle-east? Are you talking about the same country that had their democratically elected government in the 50s overthrown in a coup orchastrated by the USA and British? All because the Prime Minister wanted to nationalize his own oil fields?

I think you need to do some research on the history of the United States in the middle east since the creation of Israel rather than denying ignorance.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Star for the correction as I only hear about Trump's tweets through other media reports and didn't catch this one. I only listened to the speech that he gave the morning after the attack, which was stated differently.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Irans history in the middle-east? Are you talking about the same country that had their democratically elected government in the 50s overthrown in a coup orchastrated by the USA and British? All because the Prime Minister wanted to nationalize his own oil fields?

Regardless of what happened in the 50's, the ongoing turmoil in the middle east is primarily caused by religious conflicts among themselves. Nothing is going to change that.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Dude I realize how disappointed you guys are that no more Americans were killed, because that would be great fodder for you in the election, but trying to spin this as anything other than a win for Trump is absurd. We killed their most powerful general, and their "response" was to carefully avoid even injuring any Americans and call us through a back channel to make sure we knew that their bottle rocket show was all they were doing so we didn't retaliate. That was them signaling they wanted to de-escalate. Even CNN reported all this. You know it. We know it. The non-stop lying is not working. Keep it up though. Make more Trump voters
because that's all you're doing and it's hilarious to watch.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Bottom line, Islamic countries want Jews removed from the Middle East because they consider it Islamic territory. Most Islamic countries don't even print Israel on their maps.

If it was upto Theodor Herzl, Israel would be situated In Uganda now, and flooded with Eastern European Jew settlers instead of Palestine. And I'm sure you'd be writing the same thing "Most African countries don't even print Israel on their maps".

Infact in my opinion, it would have been easier for Zionists to conquer that part of the world. But it would look even more odd to see White Eastern European Jews in a land that doesn't belong to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Casually posts anti-Semetic trope about Zionists wanting to conquer parts of the world. How progressive of you.

It's just like it says in the dictionary, bigoted people are so blind they don't even realize when they make bigoted statements.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The Jewish ties to Israel are biblical, and once again, tied to religion. Bible prophecy says that eventually, the city of Jerusalem will become a burdensome stone to the whole world, which has proven to be true. The Jews and the Muslims both want control over it and the rest of the world has burdened themselves with who should have it. It won't end well.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Casually posts anti-Semetic trope about Zionists wanting to conquer parts of the world. How progressive of you.

It's just like it says in the dictionary, bigoted people are so blind they don't even realize when they make bigoted statements.

Oh spare me the "anti-semitic trope" of your own.

Theodor Herzl originally thought that Uganda was a great destination for Eastern European Jews to settle. That is just fact. And well know. Had it planned out that way, we'd be having the same discussion. But talking about middle of Africa.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Dude I realize how disappointed you guys are that no more Americans were killed, because that would be great fodder for you in the election, but trying to spin this as anything other than a win for Trump is absurd. We killed their most powerful general, and their "response" was to carefully avoid even injuring any Americans and call us through a back channel to make sure we knew that their bottle rocket show was all they were doing so we didn't retaliate. That was them signaling they wanted to de-escalate. Even CNN reported all this. You know it. We know it. The non-stop lying is not working. Keep it up though. Make more Trump voters
because that's all you're doing and it's hilarious to watch.

So Trumpsters are now okay with missiles flying over their heads so long as they don't explode near them. I have NEVER seen U.S. foreign policy like this where troops are allowed to be in harm's way but no action will be taken unless some arbitrary set of damage parameters are met.

Unlike the modern Right I do remember the Obama era and the "Red Line" Syria quote that was repeatedly hammered away here and on other right wing sources. You all don't get a pass here just because your guy is in office and is quaking in his boots over starting yet another pointless war and being crazily reckless. Not now. Not ever.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Not really, because the Jews don't have an interest in "conquering the world". They just want the tiny piece of land that the Bible says God gave to them. Anyone can argue their feelings on their motives, but I think it's pretty obvious, especially if you've spent any time listening to Netanyahu.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Regardless of what happened in the 50's, the ongoing turmoil in the middle east is primarily caused by religious conflicts among themselves. Nothing is going to change that.

And yet, strangely, once again I must point out. Iran has the largest Jewish population outside of Israel in the middle east. They sit in parliament. They regularly state they are happy there and treated well, and they even refuse monetary prizes offered if they move to Israel. Hm.
edit on 10-1-2020 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

One Jew in parliament doesn't count. Of course Iran is going to keep a small token number of Jews around to continue hiding their true intentions around the world, but the majority of Jews have moved out of Iran and no longer have much presence. Those numbers have change dramatically over the last decade.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Not really, because the Jews don't have an interest in "conquering the world". They just want the tiny piece of land that the Bible says God gave to them. Anyone can argue their feelings on their motives, but I think it's pretty obvious, especially if you've spent any time listening to Netanyahu.

It's historic fact that Thoedor Herzl proposed "the Uganda Scheme". Which was to give British East Africa to Zionists.

Jews do not want to conquer the world, I'm not saying they do. There is a difference between a Zionist (wanting a Jewish supremacist state) and the ordinary Jew.

There are Zionists who are Jews (Netanyahu), and there are Zionists who are none-Jews (Donald Trump).
There are Jews who are not Zionists and they are normally on the Ultra Orthodox side.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That's true. I'm just giving you one of the reasons why Netanyahu has made some of the decisions he has made.

At one time, I remember Ahmadinejad publicly stating that all of the Jews should be relocated to a place in Europe while he was president of Iran.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: face23785

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.

The only way that would happen is if they started attacking tankers in the gulf or invade a country.

Sanctions are working its making it difficult for the mullahs to remain in power. No need to invade or war just wait for them to implode. They all ready have people protesting on the streets. And just the fact they are risking their lives tells you how bad its getting.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join