It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: face23785

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.
Albert Pike

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Psychology. Remember: when Germany fell, we imported quite a few nazi's, many of whom worked in the fields of propaganda. Prior to Germany falling, and our entry into the World War, we had quite a few folks in higher echelons that were quite favorable of nazis. Its not so groundbreaking when you remember that prior to Hitler, eugenics was a very popular idea in western culture. It took 2mil Jews dying to change that viewpoint....and changing viewpoints isn't really very easy to do.

So what we have today is a government that still uses propaganda. Since its no longer illegal to do it to US citizens, their propaganda can be more brazen than it was prior to Smith Mundt being repealed.

And at the end of it all: social pressure is a great way control a population. If you know you will have your ass kicked for daring to wear a red ball hat, you won't wear a red ball hat. As just 1 example.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Y'all area assuming that those of us who are Left Wing are from the USA
Just saying.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Someone I know always says, "Party doesn't matter."

You are right. The extreme on both sides fall for the spin.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WillHal1000
Plot Twist:

Iran hated the general, he had dirt on the leadership and it allowed him to do whatever he wanted. Iran has had enough and needed to get rid of him but can’t make it look like they did it. They leak info to US on his location and get him smoked. Iran gets to show outrage but doesn’t really want a war. They thank Trump and to save face they respond by launching missiles at US bases in Iraq, hit nothing and nobody is hurt.. Iran says it’s de escalating after “proportionate response” from us killing their top general, essentially their “Mattis”. Skirmish is over, General Killed, Trump gets win, Iran gets rid of General they don’t want and saves face....

Thoughts?

I think you’re a pretty fart smeller

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It must be demoralizing being a leftists, every prediction they have made has been wrong. Sometimes it best to stfu and watch how the big boys navigate. hahahahah

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Over the last week we've heard from Democrats and the media that Trump's actions in this Iran situation were meant to cause a war to distract from impeachment and help him get re-elected. We've heard that World War 3 was imminent. We've heard that Trump had no plan and things would spiral wildly out of control. We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Last night, Iran launched a meaningless and clearly symbolic "attack" in which they carefully avoided actually hitting any Americans. They have the capability and the will to kill Americans, and much better targets they could've hit where they were guaranteed to kill American soldiers, yet they chose not to. In response, Trump de-escalated the situation this morning by announcing some extra sanctions instead of a military response. There will be no war. It obviously wasn't meant to start a war to distract from impeachment and help with the 2020 election. World War 3 was obviously not imminent. Things obviously did not spiral out of control. And Democrat Representative Kennedy debunked the idea that Trump didn't have the authority by suggesting that Congress should actually do their job and remove the authority, which they obviously couldn't do if he didn't have it.

So I'd like to know how our left-wing members feel about obviously having been lied to by the media and the Democrats. Leftists have been embarrassing themselves for days by repeating these lies. Do any of you feel embarrassment? Any anger at having been misled? Any questioning of why you continue to believe these sources that repeatedly lie to you, about things like Russian collusion, the economy collapsing. Now you've been lied to again about this entire Iran situation from start to finish. I mean, any retrospection at all?

Cue the usual deflection to "what about when you guys were wrong about xyz." Okay. Start a thread. I wanna know how you guys feel about THIS, not whatever excuses you can come up with to not actually address the substance of the thread.

What lie is there here? Everyone is free to speculate on Trump's schizophrenic actions.

The Iran retaliation and Trump's response is the equivalent of Obama's "Red Line" quote in response to Syria's use of chemical weapons. Your man, Donald Trump, was explicitly stating he would wage further war with Iran if they retaliated and they did retaliate. It doesn't matter regarding your belief if they were carefully avoiding anybody. They attacked. Donald stood down.

Since Trump didn't further escalate this into an actual war, I can only conclude the killing of the Iranian general was indeed a "Wag the Dog" moment to distract from his multitude of self-inflicted scandals.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

OP, are you talking about Wolf Blitzer the War Room or something dumb like that? The premise of your thread is based on the fictional reality that a large part of the world believed we were moments away from WW3...that is simply not true. Just because MSM said whatever (I personally didn't even watch) doesn't mean it's true. There is an old saying don't believe anything you hear and believe only half of what you see. C'mon buddy get it together.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The issue as I see it is not that the MSN thought/thinks we are heeded for WWIII ... half the members here think we are.

The issue is the in the days prior to Trump retaliatory air strike MSN was pushing the native that in the face of the embassy attack and the death of the American contractor Trump was being to soft on Iran. They where calling the situation Trumps "Benghazi"; implying that through Trumps inaction with Iran, Iran was becoming more emboldened. Just as Obama's inactions lead to Benghazi. Then a day later, after Trump retaliatory air strike MSN was pushing the native that Trump was in error for taking action with Iran and that it was going to lead to WWIII. Now, a few days later and it hasn't lead to WWIII, the narrative has changed yet again to the idea that the embassy attack and American contractor death was never a big deal and Trump was acting irrationally.

Think what you want about Trump, his actions where a mistake or they where what Iran needed. But what we don't need is a News industry that so blatantly manipulates the American people. This didn't just start with Trump, he's just the only president to fight back. Our past Presidents and other elected officials walk on eggshells, and shy away from transparency, because of how they fear the news industry will twist reality for their own gain.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Dear OP,

I am writing to regretfully inform you that you are currently living under a form of a false assumption, I, therefore, wish to help you in your endeavours by pointing out a very basic error Americans always make...

Republican(aka Repulsivecans) Party= Right Wing... Very much the same as the current UK Conpervatives.

Democrat Party(aka Dumbocraps) Party= Right Wing... Not in any way indicative of being Left Wing.

And the only difference between the two is who worships the 40ft owl or not and even then that isn't very clear.

You do not and have never had a Left Wing Party... DENY IGNORANCE.
edit on 10-1-2020 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Cheers for the response but every country and government uses propaganda, it was just renamed Public Relations and was rolled out on a much wider scale in the US and Europe post WW2, yet the US is the only developed democratic nation that's fallen for it for decades.

May be the scars of WW2 and having 'been there, done that' with Empire building have made populations much more wary of it over here and don't buy into such blatant 'divide, distract and rule' tactics.

a reply to: DreamerOracle

Yup, Democrats are far-right and Reuplicans are centre-right extreme authoritarians on the political model the rest of the world uses. Only the US considers Democrats left wing which baffles anyone from overseas.
edit on 10-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So I'd like to know how our left-wing members feel about obviously having been lied to by the media and the Democrats. Leftists have been embarrassing themselves for days by repeating these lies. Do any of you feel embarrassment? the thread.

As an outsider looking in, I've been saying that the left in the USA in nothing more than a PSYOP. But I always wondered why, since there is only two choices in the USA. Which is only one more than China. The Swamp is truly in control. But why galvanize one side? Why make one side unelectable? That's what I couldn't put my finger on.

There is "Trump derangement syndrome".
Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their hatred of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

And then there is "Trump derangement syndrome"
Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their Love of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

I've got to say, this is absolutely brilliant. Of course it all makes sense. The US is preparing for more war. Zionist war of course. And Trump actions from the ever growing "right" will never be questioned.

That Iranian General wasn't a terrorist. The main reason he was in Iraq was to fight ISIS. You know, that group of moderate rebels all them years ago that the USA funded? Along with Al Queda, Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafist?

edit on 10 1 2020 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Great post! God Bless The Divided States of America!

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Frith

Your man, Donald Trump, was explicitly stating he would wage further war with Iran if they retaliated and they did retaliate. It doesn't matter regarding your belief if they were carefully avoiding anybody. They attacked. Donald stood down.

No, Trump only said he would retaliate if any more Americans were killed, and they weren't.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

He also said there was an "imminent threat" that justified the strike on solemani yet still has cited no evidence. I guess we're just supposed to take his word for it huh?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

That Iranian General wasn't a terrorist.

Seriously, some of you need to try harder at denying ignorance and do some more research on Iran's history in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

If he was truly concerned about "terrorists" he wouldn't be placating the Saudi Arabian and Turkish regimes. He would be calling the cartels a terrorist organization but wait that would legitimize asylum claims we wouldn't want that now would we?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Watch and learn.
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

He also said there was an "imminent threat" that justified the strike on solemani yet still has cited no evidence. I guess we're just supposed to take his word for it huh?

Solemani was planning another attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad among other things. It helps to do some research.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Watch and learn.
youtu.be...

I don't need to listen to this guy who lived in Iran for 10 years to understand Iran's history. All I had to do was listen and read transcripts from Ahmadinejad when he was president of Iran. He was the key to understanding Iran's true intentions as he let it slip way too often. Also, you have to do research on the history between Sunni and Shiite Muslims in the region and understand the differences in their Islamic beliefs that keep them fighting each other, which they've been doing for over a thousand years, not to mention the reason they hate Jews so bad.

edit on 10-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join