It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
🤦‍♂️

Mass media, is designed not only to brainwash the weak minded.... It’s also designed to divide and conquer the populace.

It’s easier to control a ruled population a taxed one at that when they can never unite as one to question their government....

So in the meantime the population argues among themselves, while the politicians, remain in their ivory towers etc.

Mass media, or mainstream media I would even go far enough to say thru debate, is corruption within the system in 2020.

People down to earth these days are hard to find if you pay attention to social media, I am hoping most idiotic things I read the drivel, is coming from children, and not adults but I have my doubts.

What I find appalling is how most people think a real conventional war, is a game.

It’s for real, something that can end and or change how we live in reality from the beginning to the end.. So many people take freedom in America for granted. Here is a tip, don’t listen to the US MSM news, if you do learn how to filter what you heAR, sadly I think the msm stopped reporting on the news years ago, it’s mainly political opinions from talking heads designed to influence their weak minded aka brainwash.

A good example of this is after the failed Iran missile attack last night, we had idiots before we got a casualty report, say it’s all trump’s fault, if servicemen died it’s their fault they signed up to be servicemen 🤔 etc. etc. etc. it got worse than those examples. Life to these people if it’s not their own is not important..

Sick society we live in folks.. We need to stop, and focus BEFORE we get into a position we are forced to do so. By then it may be to late..

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Seriously, op? I’m used to being lied to by the msm. By candidates and presidents, by the media and representatives. I got used to that at least a decade ago, likely closer to two. I know everything and anything I see in the media on both sides is complete bs. It’s the norm.

What makes me wonder, though, is your tone. You sound as if everything YOU hear isn’t bs too. Hm.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
you were doing fine till you blamed the israelis again

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

cute.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Although I'm not happy with Trump breaking laws left and right and pissing on the Constitution if he would reign in the reckless policies of American adventurism abroad at least it would give me something in the voting booth. But now it just seems like Trump is a mouth a hole who doesn't know how to compromise and he doesn't seem to be able to respect the laws and traditions of our government.

You've been asked before and I never saw the answer... what laws has he broken and how has he pissed on the Constitution?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: bastion

I don't think killing Salami stopped any terrorists attacks. If Iran were about to hit US interests, killing the general is not going to stop them. You would have to hit the capability or the means for the attack. I imagined if any attack actually existed it would continue to happen as planned.

All killing Salami did was change the focus of the World off of Trump's impeachment. I think it's just another example of Trump's reckless behavior. Hopefully, the rocket attack is all that Iran will do. The last thing we need is a nuclear war destroying all humanity because Trump is so reckless.

I'm starting to think you say some of this stuff on purpose, just to see if you can rile up others and then play innocent. If Trump were reckless he would have bombed NK, Russia, Iran and just about everyone else in the Middle East. Come on, fess up. You're baiting, aren't you?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Given the power this idiocy has to unify the Iranian people, and make them overcome their ongoing revolts in a stampede, I wont say your 4D chess dealmaker angle would be hard to fathom. Which makes things even worse, if you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The reee in this thread is exceptional.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Over the last week we've heard from Democrats and the media that Trump's actions in this Iran situation were meant to cause a war to distract from impeachment and help him get re-elected. We've heard that World War 3 was imminent. We've heard that Trump had no plan and things would spiral wildly out of control. We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

You just made all that up and blamed 'the left' so, you're the one lying to me.

I don't really care about your lies random stranger. I don't really care about your lies.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Although I'm not happy with Trump breaking laws left and right and pissing on the Constitution if he would reign in the reckless policies of American adventurism abroad at least it would give me something in the voting booth. But now it just seems like Trump is a mouth a hole who doesn't know how to compromise and he doesn't seem to be able to respect the laws and traditions of our government.

You've been asked before and I never saw the answer... what laws has he broken and how has he pissed on the Constitution?

What laws has he broken? Well, there are international laws being broken by the sanctions, the embargo, and the blockade in Venezuela. And I expect there are international laws about assassination. All of which we are a party to and signatory on. And according to our constitution, any treaties we make, like the one we broke with Iran, are the law of the land, and completely binding. So, there ya go!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think the number of people, even among lifelong democrats, who are in lock-step with what the mouf pieces in the media are saying is EXTRAORDINARILY low - enough so that there's little point in discussing it.

I guess one could say I'm harping on this everywhere I go on ATS lately, but it seems that a lot of people are actually buying into the obvious fake-out that half the country believes the MSM and hates Trump. Its just not true in the real world.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

So I'd like to know how our left-wing members feel about obviously having been lied to by the media

Ask yourself mate.

Where do you get your right wing feed from? FOX News? Alex Jones? You're surely not naïve enough to think these sources are reliable are you?

I've just been reading about how Rupert Murdoch's media outlets in Australia have been caught out lying about the fires over there at the moment;

www.msn.com...

I'm from the UK and I can see the same BS being peddled by Murdoch's media empire over here too, especially during the recent election campaign.

You think this kind of stuff doesn't happen with Murdoch's US media outlets??? Wake up brother, before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Over the last week we've heard from Democrats and the media that Trump's actions in this Iran situation were meant to cause a war to distract from impeachment and help him get re-elected. We've heard that World War 3 was imminent. We've heard that Trump had no plan and things would spiral wildly out of control. We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

You just made all that up and blamed 'the left' so, you're the one lying to me.

I don't really care about your lies random stranger. I don't really care about your lies.

Not paying much attention are you.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

originally posted by: face23785
We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Iran Sabotages 6 oil tankers in strait of Hormuz, Trump downplays it.

Iran shoots down a US Drone, Trump downplays it.

Iran Attacks Saudi Oil Field, Trump downplays it.

Iran attacks US embassy, Trump finally responds.

American haters: WHY DOES HE WANT WAR?!?!

*mic drop*

I also 50% believe that the previous attacks were possibly false flag, but I am always skeptical about everything regardless.

was it Iran or saudi Arabia that took over that small navy boat ? That picture of American soldiers being detained

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Muninn

The same can be said about conservatives.

I see quite a few people posting the same links to the same conservative articles on facebook. It's like the Republicans all get their talking points for the day in the morning. Like a cult trying to spread the word.

You make a point, but seem to be missing it at the same time.

That is, both far ends of the spectrum (far right and far left) seem to be easily bamboozled by rhetorical spin. Both sides fall for the hyperbole that is meant to do nothing constructive and only serves to rile them up and further polarize.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

And according to our constitution, any treaties we make, like the one we broke with Iran, are the law of the land, and completely binding. So, there ya go!

The JCPOA is not a treaty, an executive agreement, or even a signed document. Read for yourself...

www.scribd.com...&from_embed

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well to your question about how I feel about this Iran thing, man to be perfectly honest, at first I was concerned that we would be in WW3. Trump likes to act like a big bad man and whatnot but we all know he isn't logical when it comes to war. He is what my friends call a "Twitter Warrior", meaning he likes to tweet but won't bust a grape. As this goes on I think the assassination of the general was just that, an assassination that the Saudis provoked us into. The administration hasn't given a real explanation about the killing except that he was a bad man. I don't know how that is going to work legally but hey he had to go. I have no problem with that as long as it doesn't endanger the troops...which is kind of what it is doing. I saw Mike Lee yesterday was upset about the explanation about the killing. This could be a wag the dog situation to keep the general public's interest away from the impeachment. Who knows. I'm more concerned with the general's body posture during Trump's speech yesterday. Something is up and I think they know what it is. They didn't look pleased about what was being said. It just doesn't seem like an organized response to what is going on with Iran. But hey who knows. Maybe Trump has a cold and that explains all the sniffing during what Lindsay Graham called "The Greatest Speech since Reagan's "Tear down this wall speech"..lol
edit on 9-1-2020 by ltheghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

God, right?

My leftist cohorts in local media are having a fit this morning. I assume it's because things didn't get worse for everyone because Orange = bad. They have suddenly and quite literally all came to the mutual conclusion that Trump "got lucky" and that it's "bad" for a President to get lucky. Or whatever.

I don't really give a rip anymore. I wouldn't trust any of these people with $10. They are not even qualified to cover local civic court, IMO. The last three years have been a slide away from the SPJ standards of journalistic ethics newspaper reporters used to hold sacred, even if talking suits and TV monkeys did not.

I'd give handjobs for cash before I'd go back to journalism. It would be more honest.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: PurpleFox

God, right?

My leftist cohorts in local media are having a fit this morning. I assume it's because things didn't get worse for everyone because Orange = bad. They have suddenly and quite literally all came to the mutual conclusion that Trump "got lucky" and that it's "bad" for a President to get lucky. Or whatever.

I don't really give a rip anymore. I wouldn't trust any of these people with $10. They are not even qualified to cover local civic court, IMO. The last three years have been a slide away from the SPJ standards of journalistic ethics newspaper reporters used to hold sacred, even if talking suits and TV monkeys did not.

I'd give handjobs for cash before I'd go back to journalism. It would be more honest.

It would appear that in pursuit of the all mighty dollar the News Industry has slipped into full "click bate" mode. The blogosphere has won.
edit on 9-1-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Plot Twist:

Iran hated the general, he had dirt on the leadership and it allowed him to do whatever he wanted. Iran has had enough and needed to get rid of him but can’t make it look like they did it. They leak info to US on his location and get him smoked. Iran gets to show outrage but doesn’t really want a war. They thank Trump and to save face they respond by launching missiles at US bases in Iraq, hit nothing and nobody is hurt.. Iran says it’s de escalating after “proportionate response” from us killing their top general, essentially their “Mattis”. Skirmish is over, General Killed, Trump gets win, Iran gets rid of General they don’t want and saves face....

Thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join