It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agreed with the top part. If there was a specific attack thwarted then US intel would be showing it off and providing evidence to the world instead of making false claims about involvement in 9/11 and changing from there initial announcement US and Europe was at threat of attack to a minor attack somewhere in the ME.

The idea taking leaders out will change anything is as stupid as the idea taking out the Taliban and Baathist party would change anything. All it does is create destabalisation, power vacuums, and a surge in new recruits for various Jihadi groups as the past 18 years have proven. His replacement is far more hardline than Soulemani and while it's unlikely he'll have the influence and brains his predecessor had, he's far worse for global security and the Iranian people.

Can't say I really see the taking attention away from impeachment though. It was headline news for one day in the UK when it was made official but everyone knows it's not going to get anywhere as the Repulicans have the numbers to vote it down so it rapidly dropped down in the list of media coverage and I don't think it's even been on TV News Networks at all for the last three weeks. There was a bit on the BBC website just after the attacks about Bolton testifying or agreeing to testify but I didn't read past the headline as it's not something that interests me personally.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol, is that why you come rushing into threads saying silly things like, "I like ______"?

Maybe you go through your posting history.

I'm sorry if my opinions are different than yours. Or are you a typical Republican who thinks his own opinions are facts?

I don't like Trump because he's a loud mouth jerk who never compromises or admits he made a mistake. I like AOC because unlike many Democrats, she doesn't roll over and give up. She fights hard for what she believes in although I do not agree with every policy position she takes.

I think I've been very consistent.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I don't really disagree with anything in your post. I can accept the idea of killing Salami is just reckless foreign policy with no real benefit.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I'm not from the US, don't watch US news as the quality is so poor and don't pick sides. There was no reporting about it being WW3 or a distraction from impeachment outside the US.

I'm in the dull Middle politically, and thought the UK's BBC reporting was reasonably sober and careful.

The main point when things seemed to turn really serious was the coincidental plane crash - that shook me up! Otherwise, once the dust settled, I think Iran and the USA had played a rather clever game that followed Trump's previous tactic of bombing the Syrian airport as a reprisal for Assad's chemical attack, but warning them in advance to avoid casualties. On this occasion the public panicked for a while on both sides, but the whole theatrical nature was confirmed once Iran lied to its own people that 60 Americans had been killed.

Perfect solution. Trump will come out of this smelling of roses, but will it have any profound effect on the impeachment process?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: face23785

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.

I might be better now, then after they have nukes mounted on missiles

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Sure.I was making plausible speculation. While you like Trump I guess, I think he is a goofball. So you go ahead and make your own speculations based on your impressions of him I and I will make mine.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.

That's up to the actions of Iran. If Iran attacks US targets again, will you condemn them? Just curious. That includes controlling all their so called proxies.

Even Iran has said they have concluded their response to Soleimani.

I don't really care what happens to either side. I'm more so rooting for a new war to spread across the world, because there is a population issue and we need to drop some weight and it gives me the excuse to live "off grid" and start up a militia - If I survive.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And certainly I have no proof. But again, he did not seem happy to be making his prepared statements. The ''officialdom'' that were present in the room bespoke of a ''unified'' statement. The fact that this was not limited to only a few of Trump's '' not fake'' news outlets but rather to the larger assemblage of press suggests the same. Wide coverage promoting the ''we are all on the same page'' announcement.

It also stared late which could mean several things. Trump likes to hold the press in limbo. Or it could mean that there were a number of final touches being put into his speech to satisfy the gathered ''establishment official'' there with him. But it was clear that he struggled with the wording he was reading possibly indicating that he was not all that familiar with it. To me, it reeked of '' do I really have to do this mommy?''

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Like I told them yesterday, Trump is always one step ahead. His ego is too big to let him fail.

toysforadults was on here saying the stocks were going to drop several hundred or more and gas was going to skyrocket. The DOW is a 50 to 100 point fluctuation from its record of 28,872. Gas isn't up.

It was all a bunch of screaming by them for no reason. A gaggle of Chicken Littles running around scared.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Trump de-escalated..... no. Iran won this round.

As you noted Iran launched a symbolic attack. Putting Trump in a bad spot. Us responding to the attack would make us look worse. Make Trump look worse. Now Trump had to backpedal and claim "de-escalation".

I don't like how this turned out. While I don't like Trump. I don't like foreign powers making our president look like a fool either.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: IrateCanadian

I just think our country should not be a puppet of Israel.

US terrorists meaning Iraqi puppets of the US.

Earlier you said the US is a puppet of Israel .

Now you’re claiming Iraq is a puppet of the US .

By your line of reasoning shouldn’t Iraq be a puppet of Israel also ?

Lack of consistency cast’s doubt on the accuracy of your statements .

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Over the last week we've heard from Democrats and the media that Trump's actions in this Iran situation were meant to cause a war to distract from impeachment and help him get re-elected. We've heard that World War 3 was imminent. We've heard that Trump had no plan and things would spiral wildly out of control. We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Do you mean any rationale shouldn't be discussed?
Do you want all people who find Trump too much just to sit at the fire like a bunch of tinkerbells and STFU.
How many threads are coming up with the same basic theme. All Trump 'haters' STFU.

How glad am I not to be either Dem or a Rep, where it seems being one of those means you can only talk in your party terms, always wear rose-tinted specs, and put on ear muffs when the opposition speaks....sheesh, enough I tells ya.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Who on Ceres cares?

My grandpa had the authority to shoot a few drowning sailors and blow up civilian ships for the Kriegsmarine, one might even say it was his duty. Congrats, I guess? You guys won, the lawyers have your back, Mr Hashshashin. Until they don't.

You need this to make you feel better about blatant acts of state terrorism, right? The upside of our Forever warfare would be all those ongoing justification campaigns for D(R)onbama the Second with threads like this, from more or less official Trumpets like yourself.

The irony! That's the kinda chance we can believe in - no change whatsoever when it comes to the greater good of warmongering for the evil empire. United they are! Divide and conquer, and if it's only to be divided and conquered again.

Dude! Even AOC had problems to address state terrorism adequately like Chomsky did, where's the left when you actually need one that speaks truth to power?

Noam Chomsky: US Is a Rogue State and Suleimani’s Assassination Confirms It

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So I'd like to know how our left-wing members feel about obviously having been lied to by the media and the Democrats. Leftists have been embarrassing themselves for days by repeating these lies. Do any of you feel embarrassment? Any anger at having been misled? Any questioning of why you continue to believe these sources that repeatedly lie to you, about things like Russian collusion, the economy collapsing. Now you've been lied to again about this entire Iran situation from start to finish. I mean, any retrospection at all?

How does it feel to be dumb enough to actually believe that the left is some monolithic thing that believes that word vomit you call an OP?

That’s a rhetorical question. I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for any kind of self awareness from you guys.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Btw, we aren't headed to war in Iran.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's useless to try with them, they need CNN to tell them that how to think.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know that makes you angry.

It must suck having to occasionally deal with reality.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Even something like the Covington school kids lie

The lie about Nick sandmann.

Are you people upset about being lied to and falling over yourselves rushing to condemn a CHILD over a 100% fabricated lie?

Or are you mad at the Covington school kids because you STILL believe the lie?
People are actually ANGRY that he sued cNn for their lies and has now received a lot of money from them and is set to receive even more.

It’s insane that people are upset about that

At what point do you say “I’m angry that the dEms and cNn are intentionally lying to the public”?

Without saying “what about fox?” Try and reflect on your own lying puppeteers and direct your anger at them

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

OMG! You were the one in here screaming about ORANGE MAN starting a war with Iran, and I told you this was standard media operating practice to scare monger about it, that there would be no war, so relax.

And *you* think *I'm* upset?!

Whatever drugs you're on must be good.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi would not even accept the phone call from vice president Mike Pence last night notifying her that Iran was striking American interests in Iraq.

mobile.twitter.com...

Instead, she went to the grand opening of a Washington DC restaurant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join