It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: face23785

I don't feel embarrassed. I don't care who is in office. I just think our country should not be a puppet of Israel. We should use diplomacy not the military. I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

That's a cute way to avoid answering the question. You've been consistently wrong on Iran. You said war was "inevitable" 6 months ago, nevermind what's happened this past week. You were wrong. Any thoughts that maybe you shouldn't keep listening to wherever you get the info that leads you to form these incorrect conclusions all the time?

I'm usually pretty consistent with my comments. I'm not sure I actually said war with Iran was inevitable. Certainly if Hillary Clinton got elected, given her ties with the CFR and Israel, we would have had war with Iran.

Although I'm not happy with Trump breaking laws left and right and pissing on the Constitution if he would reign in the reckless policies of American adventurism abroad at least it would give me something in the voting booth. But now it just seems like Trump is a mouth a hole who doesn't know how to compromise and he doesn't seem to be able to respect the laws and traditions of our government.

edit on 8-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   
how do you feel about having an IQ low enough to think the left/right paradigm actually exist in real life politics?

no I'm not a "liberal (you actually mean progressive, but you're dumb)... I'm a anti Fed libertarian, think Peter Schif

must suck to be you

link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

This is why dfnj is my favorite Democrat. Well that and he likes aliens.

Thank you. I may be far to the left but at least I'm not mindless idiot.

originally posted by: manuelram16
Two steps:
-Iran will target civilians
-Trump will target oil fields, game over for the Ayatollas...

-Iran will target Isreal
-Israel will launch a massive nuclear strike against Iran
-Game over for ALL of humanity

Also:
Thread where you said if the Democrats impeach Trump he will start a nuclear war
edit on 8 1 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I don't feel embarrassed. I don't care who is in office. I just think our country should not be a puppet of Israel. We should use diplomacy not the military. I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

That's a cute way to avoid answering the question. You've been consistently wrong on Iran. You said war was "inevitable" 6 months ago, nevermind what's happened this past week. You were wrong. Any thoughts that maybe you shouldn't keep listening to wherever you get the info that leads you to form these incorrect conclusions all the time?

I'm usually pretty consistent with my comments. I'm not sure I actually said war with Iran was inevitable.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I cannot speak for the left wing, only myself. I am glad that this is deescalating. I think that both left and right wing voters and pundits speculate wildly on possible outcomes from the sporadic and conflicting directives coming from the White House.

In this case I think that Republican leaders took Trump by the nose and shook him telling him to do so. If you keep on this retaliation binge we will indeed accept the impeachment from the House and vote you out of office in the Senate. To this Trump realized he had been trumped and this morning begrudgingly made his non-aggressive address to the American people.
To me he did not look happy about it at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.

That's up to the actions of Iran. If Iran attacks US targets again, will you condemn them? Just curious. That includes controlling all their so called proxies.

Even Iran has said they have concluded their response to Soleimani.

link   
In “their” minds cNn and the dEmocrat party are beyond reproach

Never mind that EVERY (meaning EVERY) single story, accusation and viewpoint of theirs has been 100% wrong 100% of the time over the last three years. “They” will still blindly parrot EVERY single obvious lie that is peddled without question

“They” are not upset that “they” are lied to. Not upset “they” are misled or played like puppets.
In fact, it does seem, that “they” openly approve of more lies, more untruths, more puppetry and more of this pathetic agenda.

There’s a bright side though. ‘The left’ is the fastest shrinking minority on earth today. And that is BECAUSE of these lies, untruths and misleading fabrications that are peddled by the dEms, media and lefty personalities

“I don’t feel embarrassed”. Of course you don’t. You haven’t been TOLD to by your puppeteers

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
how do you feel about having an IQ low enough to think the left/right paradigm actually exist in real life politics?

no I'm not a "liberal (you actually mean progressive, but you're dumb)... I'm a anti Fed libertarian, think Peter Schif

must suck to be you

Irony: calling someone low IQ when you can't read.

No, I didn't mean liberals, which is why I didn't say liberals. The modern Left in America are not liberals. Liberals actually believe in freedom, which many of these leftists anymore don't. I've said this numerous times on here. Instead of making things up, maybe address the post? That would require you to read and actually understand what you're reading. Try it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You know how it is - no one should ever be allied with Israel. They don't pray like everyone else in the Middle East. They're different and strange and that's diversity the left cannot accept.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
You partisan hacks have ruined this website. Everything is political left vs right to you and you spam the website with partisan junk.

Id bet that many ditched the website because of it. You have turned everything into politics and left vs right madness.

Conspiracy seeks to find the invisible motives in between partisanship. You have turned ATS into anotger political forum.

There's about 100 different forums on here. Why are you in the POLITICAL MUD PIT whining that the thread is too political? Grow the # up. Nobody is forcing you to come in here.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sure.....the Republican Senate forced him by threat of Impeachment.

What world do you live in? I'm sure you have ample sources.

Trump has repeatedly tied actions to deaths of Americans and even didn't act on the attack in Africa. He has shown maximum restraint.

.....Plus we don't have all our assets in place yet.

Speaking softly and carrying a big stick.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

It's funny, you only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

With that mind, please forgive my criticism. I'm only giving them to you with love my heart. The idea there is no left/right paradigm is really dumb and here's why. Take any political issue and there's what we currently have and people who want to change public policy. Generally speaking, on any issue, people are classified as either being right wing or left wing in the following sense. Right wingers generally want to preserve the status quo or strengthen it. Left wingers want to change public policy so that it is either more egalitarian or breaks up the power of status quo giving more people opportunities to compete.

Take foreign policy for example. Years ago Pat Buchanan ran on a very conservative platform being against all American adventurism around the World. But lately on so many issues the right has become the left and the left has become the right compared to traditional patterns of behavior. I doubt you would find many Republicans who would stray from the party line and vote for ending the endless war.

The problem we have in this country is both parties have the exact same domestic and foreign policies. Lobbyists define domestic policies for both parties. And the Council of Foreign Relations defines foreign policy for both parties. Obama's foreign policy was the same as GWBs. Trump's foreign policy is pretty much the same as Obama's.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm not from the US, don't watch US news as the quality is so poor and don't pick sides. There was no reporting about it being WW3 or a distraction from impeachment outside the US.

I've closely followed Middle Eastern affairs for 30 years now. My best friend from school Sgt Nigel Coupe was killed by an IED where the explosives were almost certainly smuggled across under the orders of Suleimani so I'm more than familiar of his background.

I don't feel lied to, though I can't understand why so many US posters put words in others mouths and claim they must be anti-American, support terrorists or think Suleimani is a saint just because people think his killing didn't achieve much apart from escalate tensions and failure to notify allies so they could be ready to evacuate civilians was a major diplomatic mistake.

^Not aimed at the OP as they haven't done it but many other posters and mods have done it in other threads. Things aren't left vs right or black and white. It's killed debate on this forum.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I don't think killing Salami stopped any terrorists attacks. If Iran were about to hit US interests, killing the general is not going to stop them. You would have to hit the capability or the means for the attack. I imagined if any attack actually existed it would continue to happen as planned.

All killing Salami did was change the focus of the World off of Trump's impeachment. I think it's just another example of Trump's reckless behavior. Hopefully, the rocket attack is all that Iran will do. The last thing we need is a nuclear war destroying all humanity because Trump is so reckless.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Can you try to make your mind up, you are all over the place.
🤡

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Great post. I agree.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Can you try to make your mind up, you are all over the place.

No I am not. Contrary, to your right wing authoritarian mindset of worshiping leadership, I don't worship leaders. I consider Trump's domestic and foreign policies to be separate from the Trump the leader. I don't have to like Trump but I would still be happy with Trump if he turned out to be brave enough to try to end the endless war. I doubt he would be allowed to do it. The powers that be would probably not allow Trump to live if he put a stop to the trillion dollars flowing to the military industrial establishment.

People are not their behaviors. People are not their policy positions. For me, political leaders are not an NFL football team where fandom is black or white.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Who knows if he did or didnt.

a reply to: PurpleFox

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Lol, is that why you come rushing into threads saying silly things like, "I like ______"?

Maybe you go through your posting history.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't think kill Salami stopped any terrorists attacks. If Iran were about to hit US interests, killing the general is not going to stop them.

Name the Iranian who has more clout with Proxies or is better at executing Terror plans than Soleimani?

We took out the Bill Belichek of Iran's Troublemaking team. You don't replace that with his underling. You make it sound as if he were irrelevant. He was THE Key Cog for Iran's Terrorism. Any attacks now will be diminished as their top architect of Terrorism is now dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join